Blades & Ivey video VS UAB

Advertisement
That is true.

I'm in the 401(k) business and every day I see someone taking from tomorrow to pay for today.
I agree with you. But had Bandy been serious about getting an education at Miami (and this goes for 70% of all players) he could have graduated in 3 years — yes, he could have a degree by now, and had the option of grad-transfer.

The downside of going into all these kids living rooms and promising them that if they come to your school they’ll be playing on Sundays is that most will never realize that there are hundreds of other ways to make a living to take care of their family. They actually think they’re ahead because they have “practice squad money” because they probably don’t know a single soul who has ever legally made $133k in a year, much less 4 months.

Couch, Brooks, and Bubba need to start next game. I would say Harrison-Hunte needs more snaps as well.

My thing is i would just like to see our DBs sticking to receivers as close as other teams dbs always seem to stick to our receivers. Make the throws harder for the Qb with tight coverage. We seem to never have tight coverage.

Advertisement
DJ was burnt toast on a lot of those plays. I'll just say this, the kid needs to improve quick or he will be looking at the bench the rest of this season.
Based on those highlights he was beat twice. The td and the bomb down the sideline. No yAc. Just my observation.

Now mind you, as you can see Blades gives up catches too, but that's just football. No CB could ever keep from giving up receptions, but the difference is you see Blades is always within range & doesn't allow a ton of YAC, he plays through the hands & forces PBU's even after the ball is in the WR's hands, he also wraps his man up & stops the play immediately. You can't ask for much better than that, because when he has an opportunity to make a play on the ball he does, he flips his hips & gets his head around in time, that's based on proper technique & good eye discipline reading the WR & timing when to break on the ball.

With Ivey, what you see is a corner who doesn't read the WR at all, he doesn't have a clue when the ball is in the air & even when he does he's completely trailing his man, he opens his hips & is already beat off the line, he gives up leverage routinely. When he gives up catches, it's almost always for a big gain.

What he does well is play near the line of scrimmage vs the Run, he's basically a Striker playing Corner.
So do you think that blades is understanding the coaching and Ivey just isn’t?? I mean bc one person does the right things and one doesn’t at all. How and why?? I know they put a premium on tackling but as a corner if you can’t cover how much are you worth??

So do you think that blades is understanding the coaching and Ivey just isn’t?? I mean bc one person does the right things and one doesn’t at all. How and why?? I know they put a premium on tackling but as a corner if you can’t cover how much are you worth??
Blades is just better, has better footage IQ, more speed & is just an overall better player.

It's not really a coaching issue, it's a talent issue.

I think we will see a lot of Couch this week.. perhaps forward.

I see Couch scouting/sticking with Tutu plenty on Saturday

Advertisement
Most of yall have already read my gripe about the way we play CB.
We're not freakin' physical enough, especially considering the size/length we have at CB.

I truly believe Blades has what it takes to be an elite press Corner. He's got the length, size and the dog. IMO he's being underdeveloped.

Whether it's a philosophical thing from Manny/Baker, or the way Rumph coaches, I don't know. I tend to think it's a philosophical thing, because our CB's haven't been physical in coverage since Manny got here. They don't get their hands on WR's.

Our guys don't run well.
Well if you don't run well, you sure as **** better be able to jam. That's been Richard Sherman's money-maker for years.

Our CB's should only be playing two techniques...
1. Press bail or...
2. Press your WR's into the Gatorade cooler.

Blades has the tools to be a high upside corner and has good film. With ivey? Man I don’t know he’s too slow footed and just looks completely lost in coverage every time and doesn’t play aware or with any sense of urgency. Something is just off with him clearly

Lol at the poster saying any football player could have a video of bad plays.... yea maybe in a 4 year career.

Ivey has ****ed up every Game he’s played in and it’s not just bad it’s catastrophically bad. He’s very reminiscent to Knowles. When those dudes are in we are going to give up points.

The sample size is large enough for a change.

Rumph is a dead man walking
I mean college kids you can always nickpic..most ppl will say stingely is the best CB in CFB rn but I can do cut ups of Him gettin beat. thing with Ivey is his mistakes last year were so glaring. Especially Ga tech. Then he turns around and gives up the first Tub so that didn’t help his cause 😂. Personally I’m not out on him yet. He has the tools to be effective on the outside in our system. His ball skills are just sub par rn

Most of yall have already read my gripe about the way we play CB.
We're not freakin' physical enough, especially considering the size/length we have at CB.

I truly believe Blades has what it takes to be an elite press Corner. He's got the length, size and the dog. IMO he's being underdeveloped.

Whether it's a philosophical thing from Manny/Baker, or the way Rumph coaches, I don't know. I tend to think it's a philosophical thing, because our CB's haven't been physical in coverage since Manny got here. They don't get their hands on WR's.

Our guys don't run well.
Well if you don't run well, you sure as **** better be able to jam. That's been Richard Sherman's money-maker for years.

Our CB's should only be playing two techniques...
1. Press bail or...
2. Press your WR's into the Gatorade cooler.
This part. But u know we like to bring pressure. And rarely play cover 0. A lot of our pressures are zone blitz

Advertisement
The fact people think this Louisville game is going to be tough is laughable. You can tell who played Football and who didn't growing up. This game will be a blowout. Tutu and his crew will take the L. Couch will be stuck to him like glue, and he'll only get open on routes where the WR picks Couch. He won't have over 100yrds recieving.

The fact people think this Louisville game is going to be tough is laughable. You can tell who played Football and who didn't growing up. This game will be a blowout. Tutu and his crew will take the L. Couch will be stuck to him like glue, and he'll only get open on routes where the WR picks Couch. He won't have over 100yrds recieving.
He had 140 yards last year and a TD

Advertisement
Someone who knows DB coaching better than I do please answer why aren't Blades and Ivey getting physical at the LOS. If your going to line up a foot away at least press some. Will do them no favors if they keep that up vs better players.
Agree, I always thought that you go out an get bigger corners in order to be more physical, both in run support and coverage. Don't understand why we lay off the receivers and give them a free release, seems it prevents us from being physical : don't get it :

Cunningham is a 55% passer & still has accuracy issues, they mainly like to use him as a runner first to get the Safeties to creep up & commit to the Run, then they stretch the field with their WR's on Deep balls.

The way to stop LVille's offense is to stop the run, contain Hawkins & Keep Cunningham from getting big gains on designed QB runs, force him to beat you from the pocket & they'll turn the ball over & be slowed down a lot more.

They're not this impossible juggernaut the board believes them to be, Diaz has game planned against Satterfield vs App St in 2016 & last year's game vs LVille too, in both incidents he was pretty successful.

LVille does have an explosive offense predicated on creating mismatches using their speed, but they're not 2019 LSU lol, Notre Lame, FSU, Miami & Kentucky figured them out pretty well last year, we can do the same as long as we stop the RB/QB runs we can contain them on the deep ball.

Agree with you on the DLine, everything will come down to Jade, Jon, Jared, Jaelan & Quincy creating pressure upfront & being disruptive in the backfield. We blow a few plays up early on & they won't be able to stick with their gameplan.

I also suspect we'll see a lot of Brooks & Steed this game.
watch out for the Tight Ends that always seem to be free : and backs out of the backfield :

My thing is i would just like to see our DBs sticking to receivers as close as other teams dbs always seem to stick to our receivers. Make the throws harder for the Qb with tight coverage. We seem to never have tight coverage.
seems we're either off the line or bailing : I thought South Florida DB's were in your face talents. I think every interception Ivey had he was in zone coverage :

Hopefully the coaches watch this. When the lights come on some guys can’t handle the pressure. I bet Ivey carter and McCloud did have decent camps but they can’t handle anything other than greentree
Yes I think the coaches might watch the game tape.

Advertisement
Back