Blades & Ivey video VS UAB

Alright, I was laughing when I first saw the plat at :34. After watching it again, he actually comes off the WR and goes to the ball. He wasn't beaten as badly as I first thought. Catch the very beginning and you see he is with the WR, but backs off to play the ball. I swear, I thought he was beaten badly, but take a closer look. He actually makes a play on the ball while the WR is running away from it. He played the ball, the WR did not.

Advertisement
Cunningham is a 55% passer & still has accuracy issues, they mainly like to use him as a runner first to get the Safeties to creep up & commit to the Run, then they stretch the field with their WR's on Deep balls.

The way to stop LVille's offense is to stop the run, contain Hawkins & Keep Cunningham from getting big gains on designed QB runs, force him to beat you from the pocket & they'll turn the ball over & be slowed down a lot more.

They're not this impossible juggernaut the board believes them to be, Diaz has game planned against Satterfield vs App St in 2016 & last year's game vs LVille too, in both incidents he was pretty successful.

LVille does have an explosive offense predicated on creating mismatches using their speed, but they're not 2019 LSU lol, Notre Lame, FSU, Miami & Kentucky figured them out pretty well last year, we can do the same as long as we stop the RB/QB runs we can contain them on the deep ball.

Agree with you on the DLine, everything will come down to Jade, Jon, Jared, Jaelan & Quincy creating pressure upfront & being disruptive in the backfield. We blow a few plays up early on & they won't be able to stick with their gameplan.

I also suspect we'll see a lot of Brooks & Steed this game.
This is spot on brother. The WR's are going to get their yards and this O will move the ball. You have to stop the run/QB scrambles and make them 1 dimentional without giving up the big play. I'll throw in also what will be important is our red zone Defense. They will need to tighten up and make Louisville come away with 3's instead of 7's.

Lol at the poster saying any football player could have a video of bad plays.... yea maybe in a 4 year career.

Ivey has ****ed up every Game he’s played in and it’s not just bad it’s catastrophically bad. He’s very reminiscent to Knowles. When those dudes are in we are going to give up points.

The sample size is large enough for a change.

Rumph is a dead man walking

Cunningham is a 55% passer & still has accuracy issues, they mainly like to use him as a runner first to get the Safeties to creep up & commit to the Run, then they stretch the field with their WR's on Deep balls.

The way to stop LVille's offense is to stop the run, contain Hawkins & Keep Cunningham from getting big gains on designed QB runs, force him to beat you from the pocket & they'll turn the ball over & be slowed down a lot more.

They're not this impossible juggernaut the board believes them to be, Diaz has game planned against Satterfield vs App St in 2016 & last year's game vs LVille too, in both incidents he was pretty successful.

LVille does have an explosive offense predicated on creating mismatches using their speed, but they're not 2019 LSU lol, Notre Lame, FSU, Miami & Kentucky figured them out pretty well last year, we can do the same as long as we stop the RB/QB runs we can contain them on the deep ball.

Agree with you on the DLine, everything will come down to Jade, Jon, Jared, Jaelan & Quincy creating pressure upfront & being disruptive in the backfield. We blow a few plays up early on & they won't be able to stick with their gameplan.

I also suspect we'll see a lot of Brooks & Steed this game.

Absolutely. I was just thinking the same about the backers. We need speed on the field this week. This really might be the fastest group of skill players we see all year. But Cunningham is still very limited as passer. I agree 100%, I expect to see Brooks and Steed out there. This is not a BJ Jennings type of game. Louisville is not gonna flat out overpower our defense. If they have success, it’s going to be with quickness, not brute force. Give me the quickest kids we’ve got on defense and let’s ride. And obviously, make Cunningham beat us with his arm.

I watched the game against WKU, and was surprised how much they let him throw. Might have been gamesmanship with our game coming up, but he threw 35 passes in a game they led throughout. Last year his season high was 27. If he throws it 35 times on Saturday, I’d be thrilled. That plays away from their strength. But he averaged an absurd yardage per attempt last year. When they did throw, it was explosive as ****. Pressure him and tackle when they do complete passes and we’ll be OK. Nobody is expecting to hold them to 14 points or anything, but agree with you, this isn’t LSU. They scored 35 against Western Kentucky. We scored 34 against UAB with a pretty solid defense and it was Chernobyl around here. We probably have to score 30 to win but I don’t think we’ll need 40.

They also had a negative turnover margin last year, and lost that battle 2-1 to WKU. How bout we break out the chain 2-3 times and see what happens? We got em for 3 last year.

From the videos and game, the easy observations are;
1. Ivey is good in run support
2. Ivey maybe playing the wrong position and should be at striker/safety
3. On the TD throw, Ivey turns his head the wrong way, by then it was too late to get his head back around in the correct direction. Watch close and you’ll see he peaks over his right shoulder first and then tries to get his head around over the left shoulder. No chance of this working.
4. We all wish our corners were physical at the line. I would trade a few illegal use of hands/holding calls in turn for being closer to the receivers.

Advertisement
Hopefully the coaches watch this. When the lights come on some guys can’t handle the pressure. I bet Ivey carter and McCloud did have decent camps but they can’t handle anything other than greentree
baker said today couch is competing to start. he wasnt happy with CB play

Did bandys decision go bad for all involved? Or is he making 100k somewhere?

Physical football beats teams like L’Ville. I think we’re gonna beat them soundly. The guys will be up for this one & King is going to have a field day.

Man we have a ton of J’s on the line. Add in Jahfari and Jason blissed for good measure

Advertisement
Blades gotta play more physical to be complete.... not sold on him as a tackler or deep one on one against a speedster...I'll live with that cuz he has everything else.....Ivey can't play off-tech cuz his change of direction speed is too slow....he can't close on the ball fast enough....on the long pass play (I was talking about yesterday) he doesn't have the speed to make up for his mistake...slow 40/shuttle=no room for mistakes....like another poster said...Ivey is prolly better suited to press with a safety over the top....doesn't have enough recovery speed to do what they're asking him to do..
His shuttle coming out of high was not terrible though, 4.2.

Now mind you, as you can see Blades gives up catches too, but that's just football. No CB could ever keep from giving up receptions, but the difference is you see Blades is always within range & doesn't allow a ton of YAC, he plays through the hands & forces PBU's even after the ball is in the WR's hands, he also wraps his man up & stops the play immediately. You can't ask for much better than that, because when he has an opportunity to make a play on the ball he does, he flips his hips & gets his head around in time, that's based on proper technique & good eye discipline reading the WR & timing when to break on the ball.

With Ivey, what you see is a corner who doesn't read the WR at all, he doesn't have a clue when the ball is in the air & even when he does he's completely trailing his man, he opens his hips & is already beat off the line, he gives up leverage routinely. When he gives up catches, it's almost always for a big gain.

What he does well is play near the line of scrimmage vs the Run, he's basically a Striker playing Corner.
Blades is significantly better. we need TC or CW to emerge and take Ivey spot. i said it before teams picked on Ivey he was a weak spot last year besides the picks he got.

I gotta remember that Ivey is not a freshmen. Do you guys really believe he’s starting because he’s better than Couch, Williams, Clarke or Dunson? Or is it because he’s been there the longest? Because if it’s first part... my fellow canes... we are in serious trouble.

Advertisement
Disagree. Bandy is happy AF. If his reason for leaving was money than being signed to the practice squad addresses that.

$8400/wk x 4wk = $33,600/mo x 4mo. = $134,400
It’s a shame people think like that. Happy AF making bare minimum?!? He’s not even guaranteed to make it through the season. Where as if he would have stayed,
He could have gotten himself a much better contract.

Lol at the poster saying any football player could have a video of bad plays.... yea maybe in a 4 year career.

Ivey has ****ed up every Game he’s played in and it’s not just bad it’s catastrophically bad. He’s very reminiscent to Knowles. When those dudes are in we are going to give up points.

The sample size is large enough for a change.

Rumph is a dead man walking
Just at me and read the whole post. I never disagreed with anyone saying we could make a change.

I laughed at a cane fan highlighting only the negative.

If people wanna play that game show the whole thing then make your conclusions.

I think that’s fair. But a one minute clip with insane amounts of bad film can be made on any player in football history. Bad plays are part of the game.

I’m in the move on/experiment with others camp.

Im just not team “kick a man when he’s down camp” ya dig?

I gotta remember that Ivey is not a freshmen. Do you guys really believe he’s starting because he’s better than Couch, Williams, Clarke or Dunson? Or is it because he’s been there the longest? Because if it’s first part... my fellow canes... we are in serious trouble.
There are a few players on our d starting because they been there the longest.

Advertisement
It’s a shame people think like that. Happy AF making bare minimum?!? He’s not even guaranteed to make it through the season. Where as if he would have stayed,
He could have gotten himself a much better contract.
You’re not taking into consideration the most important perspective: Bandy’s. I can’t imagine any problem he/the family has being more than $60k and he should be able to save that by the end of the season if his excuse for leaving is real. I don’t believe he has any other skills that will pay him that much in a year (maybe 2).

I wouldn’t have made that decision, but I didn’t need to; apparently, he did.

You’re not taking into consideration the most important perspective: Bandy’s. I can’t imagine any problem he/the family has being more than $60k and he should be able to save that by the end of the season if his excuse for leaving is real. I don’t believe he has any other skills that will pay him that much in a year (maybe 2).

I wouldn’t have made that decision, but I didn’t need to; apparently, he did.
It might solve some short term problems. The long term prognosis is probably not good.

Now mind you, as you can see Blades gives up catches too, but that's just football. No CB could ever keep from giving up receptions, but the difference is you see Blades is always within range & doesn't allow a ton of YAC, he plays through the hands & forces PBU's even after the ball is in the WR's hands, he also wraps his man up & stops the play immediately. You can't ask for much better than that, because when he has an opportunity to make a play on the ball he does, he flips his hips & gets his head around in time, that's based on proper technique & good eye discipline reading the WR & timing when to break on the ball.

With Ivey, what you see is a corner who doesn't read the WR at all, he doesn't have a clue when the ball is in the air & even when he does he's completely trailing his man, he opens his hips & is already beat off the line, he gives up leverage routinely. When he gives up catches, it's almost always for a big gain.

What he does well is play near the line of scrimmage vs the Run, he's basically a Striker playing Corner.
OLB on 3rd and long.

Advertisement
Back