Blades & Ivey video VS UAB

Advertisement
He better tighten up. Coaches aren’t stupid. Mac brown came out against or db’s guns blazing and they weren’t ready that 1st half.
You know **** well after this first game that Louisville is gonna pick on him all game long and if he shts the bed and they don’t get someone else out there then it’s gonna be a long season for DJ and this defense.

Now mind you, as you can see Blades gives up catches too, but that's just football. No CB could ever keep from giving up receptions, but the difference is you see Blades is always within range & doesn't allow a ton of YAC, he plays through the hands & forces PBU's even after the ball is in the WR's hands, he also wraps his man up & stops the play immediately. You can't ask for much better than that, because when he has an opportunity to make a play on the ball he does, he flips his hips & gets his head around in time, that's based on proper technique & good eye discipline reading the WR & timing when to break on the ball.

With Ivey, what you see is a corner who doesn't read the WR at all, he doesn't have a clue when the ball is in the air & even when he does he's completely trailing his man, he opens his hips & is already beat off the line, he gives up leverage routinely. When he gives up catches, it's almost always for a big gain.

What he does well is play near the line of scrimmage vs the Run, he's basically a Striker playing Corner.
No seriously lol. Gil should be a safety, Ivey should be a striker and carter should be a body builder

Advertisement
Hopefully the coaches watch this. When the lights come on some guys can’t handle the pressure. I bet Ivey carter and McCloud did have decent camps but they can’t handle anything other than greentree
I know for a fact that Carter and McCloud are great in a practice setting. Super hard workers and highly intelligent guys. The football instincts just aren’t there imo.

Tutu is gonna be in the slot almost the entire game. He probably won’t see much of Blades or Ivey. I’d actually like to see more of Couch at “Striker” on Saturday, but let’s just call it a nickel, which it is. Not that anybody is going to be able to handle Tutu out of the slot, but any of the backers or Gil/Smith is a major mismatch. Maybe Couch can at least somewhat slow him down.

And also, you know how you stop Tutu? You put your facemask in Cunningham’s chest every time he plants his back foot. The front 4 needs to DOMINATE this week. Must get push into Cunningham’s face. The DTs are in the spotlight on Saturday.

Advertisement
Now mind you, as you can see Blades gives up catches too, but that's just football. No CB could ever keep from giving up receptions, but the difference is you see Blades is always within range & doesn't allow a ton of YAC, he plays through the hands & forces PBU's even after the ball is in the WR's hands, he also wraps his man up & stops the play immediately. You can't ask for much better than that, because when he has an opportunity to make a play on the ball he does, he flips his hips & gets his head around in time, that's based on proper technique & good eye discipline reading the WR & timing when to break on the ball.

With Ivey, what you see is a corner who doesn't read the WR at all, he doesn't have a clue when the ball is in the air & even when he does he's completely trailing his man, he opens his hips & is already beat off the line, he gives up leverage routinely. When he gives up catches, it's almost always for a big gain.

What he does well is play near the line of scrimmage vs the Run, he's basically a Striker playing Corner.
Exactly

Someone who knows DB coaching better than I do please answer why aren't Blades and Ivey getting physical at the LOS. If your going to line up a foot away at least press some. Will do them no favors if they keep that up vs better players.

Advertisement
Blades gotta play more physical to be complete.... not sold on him as a tackler or deep one on one against a speedster...I'll live with that cuz he has everything else.....Ivey can't play off-tech cuz his change of direction speed is too slow....he can't close on the ball fast enough....on the long pass play (I was talking about yesterday) he doesn't have the speed to make up for his mistake...slow 40/shuttle=no room for mistakes....like another poster said...Ivey is prolly better suited to press with a safety over the top....doesn't have enough recovery speed to do what they're asking him to do..

Tutu is gonna be in the slot almost the entire game. He probably won’t see much of Blades or Ivey. I’d actually like to see more of Couch at “Striker” on Saturday, but let’s just call it a nickel, which it is. Not that anybody is going to be able to handle Tutu out of the slot, but any of the backers or Gil/Smith is a major mismatch. Maybe Couch can at least somewhat slow him down.

And also, you know how you stop Tutu? You put your facemask in Cunningham’s chest every time he plants his back foot. The front 4 needs to DOMINATE this week. Must get push into Cunningham’s face. The DTs are in the spotlight on Saturday.
Cunningham is a 55% passer & still has accuracy issues, they mainly like to use him as a runner first to get the Safeties to creep up & commit to the Run, then they stretch the field with their WR's on Deep balls.

The way to stop LVille's offense is to stop the run, contain Hawkins & Keep Cunningham from getting big gains on designed QB runs, force him to beat you from the pocket & they'll turn the ball over & be slowed down a lot more.

They're not this impossible juggernaut the board believes them to be, Diaz has game planned against Satterfield vs App St in 2016 & last year's game vs LVille too, in both incidents he was pretty successful.

LVille does have an explosive offense predicated on creating mismatches using their speed, but they're not 2019 LSU lol, Notre Lame, FSU, Miami & Kentucky figured them out pretty well last year, we can do the same as long as we stop the RB/QB runs we can contain them on the deep ball.

Agree with you on the DLine, everything will come down to Jade, Jon, Jared, Jaelan & Quincy creating pressure upfront & being disruptive in the backfield. We blow a few plays up early on & they won't be able to stick with their gameplan.

I also suspect we'll see a lot of Brooks & Steed this game.

Idk if any of y’all peeped but after rewatching This past game this was the most **** talking I’ve seen from a Miami team in years. I’m talking about at every level. Nesta, Jennings, the whole secondary even Hall, cater and bubba. The pups Flagg, Austin-cave and Huff were talking **** too😂. In the grand scheme does that mean anything, nah probably not. But was still dope to see

Advertisement
Cunningham is a 55% passer & still has accuracy issues, they mainly like to use him as a runner first to get the Safeties to creep up & commit to the Run, then they stretch the field with their WR's on Deep balls.

The way to stop LVille's offense is to stop the run, contain Hawkins & Keep Cunningham from getting big gains on designed QB runs, force him to beat you from the pocket & they'll turn the ball over & be slowed down a lot more.

They're not this impossible juggernaut the board believes them to be, Diaz has game planned against Satterfield vs App St in 2016 & last year's game vs LVille too, in both incidents he was pretty successful.

LVille does have an explosive offense predicated on creating mismatches using their speed, but they're not 2019 LSU lol, Notre Lame, FSU, Miami & Kentucky figured them out pretty well last year, we can do the same as long as we stop the RB/QB runs we can contain them on the deep ball.

Agree with you on the DLine, everything will come down to Jade, Jon, Jared, Jaelan & Quincy creating pressure upfront & being disruptive in the backfield. We blow a few plays up early on & they won't be able to stick with their gameplan.

I also suspect we'll see a lot of Brooks & Steed this game.

Fuccking right on the money. you stop Louisville by stopping the run. Dudes so worried about Tutu.

I understand why.

this game is on Miami DL to me. I rewatched the WKU game. Focused on their OL replacing two tackles.

That LT is trash. I actually was impressed with Renato Brown for the most part. He was stonewalling people. The majority of big plays they had came on Browns side.

But still playing Miami level defensive lineman is different from WKU

I know for a fact that Carter and McCloud are great in a practice setting. Super hard workers and highly intelligent guys. The football instincts just aren’t there imo.
I think the real problem is how they are being asked to play the CB position at UM. We play alot of man but we do not press as at the LOS. We simply allow a free release and ask the CB to make a play. I dont think we have the guys who can play this way because they're not athletic enough or more importantly smart enough. If you look at the TD Ivey gave up he did turn his head around to locate the ball he just turned the wrong way. You should never turn around the opposite way of the wr to locate the ball and I'm pretty confident they're not thought that. Also I dont think our guys understand down and distance in certain situations, like on 3rd downs when you know we are gonna be bring heat and you know the QB is gonna be throwing hot routes our CB NEVER jumps routes and make a play on the ball they simply back pedal beyond the first down marker and all the wr has to do is run to the marker turn around and the is thrown for a first down. You have to be aggressive when playing the DB position and have and attitude that you not gonna beat me....but if you do it's alright I'll be back next play and shut you down. I don't know if its coaching or these kids not understanding how to play. We all forget what Rumph gas done we with other CB on previous squads. You don't get results he gotten then all of a sudden now you can't coach. Something is wrong, but whatever it is something has to change.

Advertisement
Back