Blackmon attempts vs WF

Advertisement
Tackling is Manny Diaz's biggest emphasis on D which should bode well for a team that likes to screen pass. Anxious to see what we do on D.

Not too worried about screens with Diaz's defense. They taught a guy like Closebert to shed screen blocks and tackle well in a matter of a few weeks. Expect more of that with our D this saturday.

no doubt patrick, akers will get a healthy dose of screens. But, Blackman can throw it deep and has surprinsingly nice touch on his deep ball. Our safeties aren't fast so I'm hoping Gavin and Tate don't get behind them.

Interesting to see the breakdown. Especially the majority of his completion were to the QBs left, which is pretty predictable for a right handed quarterback. That's the reaons you put your best receivers on that side. That's a nice tell to say the least.

I'd expect with all these screens passes, Diaz holds off on blasting blitzes every other play, and if he does to send them from the secondary (way safer if the team screens to the RBs a lot).

Advertisement
Not a surprise. I'd run the same passing plays they ran with Cook, with Akers and then deep to Tate....

Advertisement
Interesting to see the breakdown. Especially the majority of his completion were to the QBs left, which is pretty predictable for a right handed quarterback. That's the reaons you put your best receivers on that side. That's a nice tell to say the least.

I'd expect with all these screens passes, Diaz holds off on blasting blitzes every other play, and if he does to send them from the secondary (way safer if the team screens to the RBs a lot).

With FSU's oline we shouldn't have to blitz very often. I'm worried about Akers catching the ball in space and making our LB's miss a tackle.

I really want it to be Redwine because nobody fits that turnover chain better

I really want it to be Redwine because nobody fits that turnover chain better

Sorry man but that thing was made for Mike P..... Dude embodies that chain

gary-oldman-wants-everyone-o.gif

Expect the opposite of what everyone is expecting. You'll see a few screens, but those are deception plays. If you use them too much you're no longer deceiving anyone.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them give us a screen look and then send someone deep as we overreact to the screen look and everyone crashes down on the RB.

Advertisement
Not a surprise. I'd run the same passing plays they ran with Cook, with Akers and then deep to Tate....

thats all they do. Jimbo doesnt switch up much...

The only other pass this kid has completed other than 50/50 jump balls, are they go in trips bunch formation and he essentially throws a screen 5 yd pass to the inside guy in the formation. They also show screen on both sides and he throws a tunnell screen

Expect the opposite of what everyone is expecting. You'll see a few screens, but those are deception plays. If you use them too much you're no longer deceiving anyone.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them give us a screen look and then send someone deep as we overreact to the screen look and everyone crashes down on the RB.

True. A constraint play can't be the base of your offense. They're only reactions based on the defense. If they try to force screen plays when they know it's coming they'll be lucky to get a first down

I'm actually pretty surprised that almost half his passes were over 15 yards in the air, including 7 of which were over 20 yards in the air. I would have thought that the vast majority would have been under 10. It seems like there was two options, throw it semi-deep, or behind the LOS. I don't expect that to happen vs us. I would be surprised if they didn't try to run a lot of crossing patterns and plays that will give Blackmon some easy throws for around 5 yrd completions....like that quick out/slant to the slot if we keep having Redwine guard from 8 yards off. Those are easy throws that will get your qb in a rhythm.

Advertisement
The DE lost contain on the game winner to Tate.
They try this against us and Chad will break him.

Last edited:
I’m not expecting any set and intractable approach by Cuckbo.

He’ll try to adapt to how we approach his offense and our success in getting pressure and in the backfield.

Don’t be expecting any long developing long passes if we’re dominating his OL, but more quick hitters, slants, and bubble screens.

He’s done a pretty good job of having an answer against us the last few years, even if a lot of this was just putting the ball in Dal Cuck’s hands.

But if we’re successful in being very disruptive, I don’t see how their freshmans scarecrow can beat us

Advertisement
Back