Blackmon attempts vs WF

Advertisement
Not a surprise. I'd run the same passing plays they ran with Cook, with Akers and then deep to Tate....

thats all they do. Jimbo doesnt switch up much...

The only other pass this kid has completed other than 50/50 jump balls, are they go in trips bunch formation and he essentially throws a screen 5 yd pass to the inside guy in the formation. They also show screen on both sides and he throws a tunnell screen

Lets not forget the good ole " let me swing momentum" throwback screen Jimbo kills every team with. He burned Manny on it last year too.

We have got to be ready for that. I hate that **** play.

As long as we don't turn the ball over I think we will win.

Don't let them beat us on anything deep or a big play and the defense will have a big day.

Advertisement
Akers is a good back. But not Dalvin good.

That said, is he serviceable as a route runner out of the backfield?

Not a surprise. I'd run the same passing plays they ran with Cook, with Akers and then deep to Tate....

thats all they do. Jimbo doesnt switch up much...

The only other pass this kid has completed other than 50/50 jump balls, are they go in trips bunch formation and he essentially throws a screen 5 yd pass to the inside guy in the formation. They also show screen on both sides and he throws a tunnell screen

Lets not forget the good ole " let me swing momentum" throwback screen Jimbo kills every team with. He burned Manny on it last year too.

We have got to be ready for that. I hate that **** play.

Yep, and they tried it against Wake. RB was wide open but Blackmon over threw him.

Watched the game... Kid does not have real accuracy problems. He missed on a screen or two but many of his passes were on target but Wake CBs deflected it. I saw about 5 of those. Kind of surprised the Wake CBs could hang like that with their WR.

I dont think I have ever seen an FSU OL that gets beat so many times.

Blackmon's main issue is that he take too long. That coupled with our Dline and their horrible OLine. I am actually getting scared for the kid. He looks smaller than NKosi and may quit football after this weekend.

Advertisement
Expect the opposite of what everyone is expecting. You'll see a few screens, but those are deception plays. If you use them too much you're no longer deceiving anyone.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them give us a screen look and then send someone deep as we overreact to the screen look and everyone crashes down on the RB.

Exactly. Don't get over-confident. This FSU team might be very dangerous. We're playing at their place, too. This is our best chance to win in years, but we better be ready.

We have to tackle better than we have thus far this season. Way too many tackles missed on 3rd down have extended drives. Doing that against someone like FSU (more explosive players) could lead to big plays. Have to wrap up and take better angles period...

no doubt patrick, akers will get a healthy dose of screens. But, Blackman can throw it deep and has surprinsingly nice touch on his deep ball. Our safeties aren't fast so I'm hoping Gavin and Tate don't get behind them.

Can he throw a nice deep ball with three or more Canes Defenders in his face? That is the question.

Advertisement
Yeah, when Francois got hurt in the 3rd quarter vs Bama Blackmon didn't throw the ball once. We just need to execute the game plan, make sure tackles, and eliminate the big plays on missed assignments because we're looking for the screenplays. Murray is pretty much their only threat IMO. Akers isn't good enough yet (he will be) and Patrick packs no punch, big for nothing smh. Can't wait to see our LBs eat. This is the year!! 34-17 Canes!!

I say just bring 4-5 all game drop in coverage and wait for a few gifts from the freshman

Their ol can't hold our front 4 anyways. Linebackers are fast enough to stop the screen

I expect JJ to play more of a hybrid role too as we don't have to worry about the feepy ball

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Advertisement
We have to tackle better than we have thus far this season. Way too many tackles missed on 3rd down have extended drives. Doing that against someone like FSU (more explosive players) could lead to big plays. Have to wrap up and take better angles period...

I agree that was a problem in our first 2 games. I didn't really see it pop up vs Duke, though

Stop the run and take away the easy throws/hot routes. Not that I think he will, but Diaz can't let them follow BCC's gameplan that kept the DL from being able to put pressure on their QB.

Interesting to see the breakdown. Especially the majority of his completion were to the QBs left, which is pretty predictable for a right handed quarterback. That's the reaons you put your best receivers on that side. That's a nice tell to say the least.

I'd expect with all these screens passes, Diaz holds off on blasting blitzes every other play, and if he does to send them from the secondary (way safer if the team screens to the RBs a lot).

true, but you at least want to show it a lot and make Blackmon have to think about audibling or not.

Advertisement
Back