Billboard Poll, Vote On The Message (read OP first)

What primary message should the Billboard send? (Read OP first)

• U Should Be Ashamed

Votes: 29 12.6%
  • UM Football Is Dying

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • Wanted: A Competent University Administration

Votes: 33 14.3%
  • The University of Miami - Destroying Champions.

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • The New Miami: 6-6

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • The U Is Dying

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Why The U Should Fire Blake James

Votes: 32 13.9%
  • The University of Miami - Building Losers

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • Fire Blake James

Votes: 77 33.3%

• Total voters
Huh? Blake James didnt just spend 4 million and sign a five year deal with Diaz on his own.

Epstein, Lemonis, and Daddy Diaz’s other BOT cronies had him pegged for a LONG time, and mostly bc they knew the fanbase loved the chain and the fake tony montana shtick.
Yes the BoT was split. Diaz’s cronies pushed for manny and the other half pushed for Mario including our biggest donor Soffer. Blake made the decision and that was that. Don’t think for a minute daddy Diaz’s cronies aren’t already jumping ship behind the scenes. Some of you guys think daddy Diaz has all this power. The dude is a former failed hated Mayor that tore down the orange bowl. And when I say hated, I mean hated! And key word is former, he has no real power in Miami other then connections to a few scumbags on our BOT. As dumb as UM is there not keeping kiddy Diaz as coach if this **** continues, losing seasons, banners and billboards, further embarrassment of the brand, empty stadiums and losing money and so on and so on. Next year will be his last and everyone behind the scenes knows it, he’s dead man walking and I’m glad he’s not changing his coaches because these fools deserve eachother and there mutual incompetence. Let them all sink with the ship. Next year’s toxicity is going to make goldens last two look like a children’s bed time story. Lol

Advertisement
“EnoUgh is EnoUgh:
Fire Manny Diaz
Fire Blake James”

using the “U” symbol in “enough”

simple, obvious, to the point.

OP don’t set this up for a vote for the entire board! You must work in a small group. I sent the structure and approach for you on the other thread. Work smart!

Find 5-7 smart guys to work with to get this project done over the next 2-3 weeks and meet with each other bi-weekly by Skype or teleconference. Don’t rush this!

Reach out for volunteers with backgrounds in advertising, consulting, brand strategy, project management, and marketing. Pull the 5-7 resources from that group, develop an agenda for each meeting, and create clear roles and responsibilities for each team-member or subgroup. Let the project manager coordinate the activities and tasks, and then you provide status to the board.

And as I mentioned, the website MUST be completed and well written (get a good writer for this), and the social media push must all be ready to go with the billboard.

The billboard, website and social media push must all work in unison to create a virtuous cycle and momentum.

If the goal is to create visibility and to be taken seriously, then it must be done right and in a professional way, or else you’re going to waste $4K. Optics count too, so it cannot look like a mere handful of crazy fans raised a few dollars and threw up some B.S. And this is exactly how the admin or local media will spin it, if it’s a low impact or convoluted message with no cohesive strategy underpinning it (spun as a few weird fans that are in the minority.)

Be smart!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’d also recommend putting some stars if possible. The post above mine is a good one.

I don’t know the character limit but if its possible then put some numbers that indicate how obscenely incompetent the admin has been.

You only get one shot OP and people have entrusted you with their money. Make it count and make sure it’s a powerful message.

You need a serious message.

Advertisement
It should read,
“UM stealing ACC $$$$ since 2005”
That way you embarrass the school admin and the ACC.

Word of advice. Don't go after Manny. He's coming back next year come **** or high water. Keep your eye on the prize: Blake James actually deserves to be fired. I'd go with something like:

Commit to winning.
Build champions.
#FireBlakeJames

Wins, not words
-Mediocrity isn't the goal
#FireBlakeJames

or, my favorite...

We deserve accountability
'U' deserve better
#FireBlakeJames

Advertisement
Advertisement
I wanted to wait for us to end the regular season losing to Duke for the 2nd push on this campaign. Billboard is severely underfunded despite losing to FIU. Perhaps this most recent loss will spur more to action. Chip in your savings on next years tickets and you can actually spend your money for the benefit of the program.

Billboard link, share everywhere: https://www.gofundme.com/f/us1-billboard-protest-um-administration

The poll:

This poll will likely not be the only one, but assuming there is an overwhelming favorite and no amazing late additions I'd like this to lock up the primary message. This is a billboard, so there has to be a clear and concise primary message. Accompanying text, details, and graphics will still be up in the air for discussion. "Fire Blake James" can be added to any of these, the choices in this poll is for the primary message. For example my personal choice is currently:

U Should Be Ashamed
15 years. 0 ACC titles, one division title, one 10 win season.
UM 24 - 30 FIU
www.fireblakejames.com

Should "U Should Be Ashamed" win, rest of the details could be debated and same goes for the rest. Note also that the polls will have a big influence, but I reserve the right to make final calls as I'll be weighing input from known donors more heavily and also factoring in my own judgement.

There have been many pushing me to include names of the BOT on the billboard. Firstly, this poll has nothing to do with that really. Names can be included for pretty much any of them if we want to really start calling out those at the top. Secondly however, I am not comfortable personally putting any names on there besides "fire blake james". However, I would be fine with doing so if someone wanted to volunteer in putting the billboard under their name and assuming all the coordination work with me that that'd require, and potential legal risk (which is likely small, but still too much for me personally). So if this is something you really want work to find someone who's down to take on the work and responsibility, otherwise quit bugging me about it.

I'll be giving an update on monday regarding pricing and logistics as companies get back to me. If anyone wants to and can offer design help PLS PM ME.

Go Canes

On another thread on this site I saw a simple list of how we are at the bottom of the statistical list for the top 130 college football teams. Numbers don’t lie, and are unemotional and indisputable. They also make it pretty clear where the blame lies. I’d use whatever headline you like, such as “Fire Blake James” or “Its not all about the U“ or whatever, and then put a list like the one that was on the other thread. I attached it below. To me something partially quantitative would be more effective than something purely subjective ie going right out and attacking these idiots.

Attachments

• 85450551-2673-423A-874A-603B964FF016.png
    85450551-2673-423A-874A-603B964FF016.png
    814.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Advertisement
Back