Billboard Poll, Vote On The Message (read OP first)

What primary message should the Billboard send? (Read OP first)

• U Should Be Ashamed

Votes: 29 12.6%
  • UM Football Is Dying

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • Wanted: A Competent University Administration

Votes: 33 14.3%
  • The University of Miami - Destroying Champions.

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • The New Miami: 6-6

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • The U Is Dying

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Why The U Should Fire Blake James

Votes: 32 13.9%
  • The University of Miami - Building Losers

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • Fire Blake James

Votes: 77 33.3%

• Total voters

305_separatist

Threskiornithidae
Premium
I wanted to wait for us to end the regular season losing to Duke for the 2nd push on this campaign. Billboard is severely underfunded despite losing to FIU. Perhaps this most recent loss will spur more to action. Chip in your savings on next years tickets and you can actually spend your money for the benefit of the program.

Billboard link, share everywhere: https://www.gofundme.com/f/us1-billboard-protest-um-administration

The poll:

This poll will likely not be the only one, but assuming there is an overwhelming favorite and no amazing late additions I'd like this to lock up the primary message. This is a billboard, so there has to be a clear and concise primary message. Accompanying text, details, and graphics will still be up in the air for discussion. "Fire Blake James" can be added to any of these, the choices in this poll is for the primary message. For example my personal choice is currently:

U Should Be Ashamed
15 years. 0 ACC titles, one division title, one 10 win season.
UM 24 - 30 FIU
www.fireblakejames.com

Should "U Should Be Ashamed" win, rest of the details could be debated and same goes for the rest. Note also that the polls will have a big influence, but I reserve the right to make final calls as I'll be weighing input from known donors more heavily and also factoring in my own judgement.

There have been many pushing me to include names of the BOT on the billboard. Firstly, this poll has nothing to do with that really. Names can be included for pretty much any of them if we want to really start calling out those at the top. Secondly however, I am not comfortable personally putting any names on there besides "fire blake james". However, I would be fine with doing so if someone wanted to volunteer in putting the billboard under their name and assuming all the coordination work with me that that'd require, and potential legal risk (which is likely small, but still too much for me personally). So if this is something you really want work to find someone who's down to take on the work and responsibility, otherwise quit bugging me about it.

I'll be giving an update on monday regarding pricing and logistics as companies get back to me. If anyone wants to and can offer design help PLS PM ME.

Go Canes

Advertisement
I wanted to wait for us to end the regular season losing to Duke for the 2nd push on this campaign. Billboard is severely underfunded despite losing to FIU. Perhaps this most recent loss will spur more to action. Chip in your savings on next years tickets and you can actually spend your money for the benefit of the program.

Billboard link, share everywhere: https://www.gofundme.com/f/us1-billboard-protest-um-administration

The poll:

This poll will likely not be the only one, but assuming there is an overwhelming favorite and no amazing late additions I'd like this to lock up the primary message. This is a billboard, so there has to be a clear and concise primary message. Accompanying text, details, and graphics will still be up in the air for discussion. "Fire Blake James" can be added to any of these, the choices in this poll is for the primary message. For example my personal choice is currently:

U Should Be Ashamed
15 years. 0 ACC titles, one division title, one 10 win season.
UM 24 - 30 FIU
www.fireblakejames.com

Should "U Should Be Ashamed" win, rest of the details could be debated and same goes for the rest. Note also that the polls will have a big influence, but I reserve the right to make final calls as I'll be weighing input from known donors more heavily and also factoring in my own judgement.

There have been many pushing me to include names of the BOT on the billboard. Firstly, this poll has nothing to do with that really. Names can be included for pretty much any of them if we want to really start calling out those at the top. Secondly however, I am not comfortable personally putting any names on there besides "fire blake james". However, I would be fine with doing so if someone wanted to volunteer in putting the billboard under their name and assuming all the coordination work with me that that'd require, and potential legal risk (which is likely small, but still too much for me personally). So if this is something you really want work to find someone who's down to take on the work and responsibility, otherwise quit bugging me about it.

I'll be giving an update on monday regarding pricing and logistics as companies get back to me. If anyone wants to and can offer design help PLS PM ME.

Go Canes
Yes this billboard needs done now, no doubt

Advertisement
Advertisement
Time to get the Mutha ****a rolling big time I'm talking.. Billboard's and protest type **** .. sad sad day to be a cane

Some **** on the Canes v Duke thread thinks there's a bettering cause to donate to. I can't accept that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
i chose the new miami bc it directly reflects Diaz.

if that goes on the billboard im fully in. its my black friday present to myself.

How bout you go fully in and I'll weigh your opinion more heavily. We're 6 - 6 after losing to FIU and DUKE and some of you people are seriously going to only donate to this thing if your favorite little slogan goes up? Just the fact that this thing goes up at all is a massive win. I put $250 bucks on this and am completely open to any and all suggestions on the messaging. More than anything, I want to see this thing on US1.

How bout you go fully in and I'll weigh your opinion more heavily. We're 6 - 6 after losing to FIU and DUKE and some of you people are seriously going to only donate to this thing if your favorite little slogan goes up? Just the fact that this thing goes up at all is a massive win. I put $250 bucks on this and am completely open to any and all suggestions on the messaging. More than anything, I want to see this thing on US1.

I don't get why people don't understand, Diaz is a goner with a new AD. Sure you can go after him, but it's not 100% necessary.

Everyone already knows he sucks.

Advertisement
Back