Bill Connelly's SP+ bullish on the Canes

Bill Connelly released his preseason SP+ rankings this morning, with as many of the transfers and roster changes as possible incorporated so far.

It makes sense that he's high on Miami given that a big part of his rankings take returning production into account, and I posted a thread last week about how high he has Miami in his returning production numbers (He has Miami as having the #1 offense in the country in terms of production returning, if you don't remember).

So he has Miami at #8 here. #11 on offense, #13 on defense.

The gator is #12.

FSU is #61.

Advertisement
Bill Connelly released his preseason SP+ rankings this morning, with as many of the transfers and roster changes as possible incorporated so far.

It makes sense that he's high on Miami given that a big part of his rankings take returning production into account, and I posted a thread last week about how high he has Miami in his returning production numbers (He has Miami as having the #1 offense in the country in terms of production returning, if you don't remember).

The gator is #12.

FSU is #61.

Bill Connelly is a Canes fan. He’s Herby and Desmond and all of at CIS. We all see it, but can’t figure out why it hasn’t translated to on Field product.

Advertisement

The gator is #12.

FSU is #61.

Miami realistically should go 10-2 with this schedule—a loss to Bama and then one more somewhere along the way (at UNC, most-likely—unless they grow a pair and get revenge that day.)

9-3 wouldn't be the end of the world .... but anything worse would be another nail in Manny's coffin as the Canes would have to grossly underachieve or no-show to lose four or more regular season game with this team and schedule.

All that to say, so tired of these so-called "experts" weighing in on Miami football. If it isn't this, it's Phil Steele, or someone else—which has our fan base finding that one rogue know-it-all that is "all-in" on UM, as the program stumbles to another bullsh1t 7-6 season.

Advertisement

The gator is #12.

FSU is #61.

I think he also said on a Pod yesterday that Miami is higher than he'd like.

Advertisement
Rambo and Donaldson replacing Wiggins and Clark should provide a healthy boost to an offense that flashed against Louisville, FSU, NC State, Duke, OSU. With a full offseason and everyone but Jordan returning the expectation should be a pretty substantial improvement.

In his tweet he highlighted some of the eye-openers and his exact words were "Miami (gulp)".

Just meaning, he's apprehensive, as most people are when they see that name that high.
Yea, his numbers are typically higher on Miami than elsewhere, so I get the trepidation. Expecting the offense to take a big jump in year 2 under Lashlee and better defensive play with better coaching across the board isn't crazy though.

Advertisement

The gator is #12.

FSU is #61.

Wow! That’s awesome bro, so basically this is the same “preseason” analysis we’ve seen for the Canes every season for the last 17 years. Smh Ground breaking stuff here man! Lol pick a media member and I pretty much have the quote they all say every year memorized “is this the year they finally put it all together in Miami, is the U Back? A lot of returning production from some high ranked recruiting classes down in coral gables so with that said were High the canes. We’re predicting coastal championship and giving Clemson one heck of a game in Charlotte if, (pick a HC the last 17 seasons) can coach his way out of a wet paper bag! Lol and then of course the season starts and we all know how that story plays out, did I leave anything out OrangeCrapMagic? I didn’t even read the article because I’m pretty sure that’s what it said seeing the last 17 preseason articles said the exact Same thing.

Rambo and Donaldson replacing Wiggins and Clark should provide a healthy boost to an offense that flashed against Louisville, FSU, NC State, Duke, OSU. With a full offseason and everyone but Jordan returning the expectation should be a pretty substantial improvement.
Why do you assume Rambo is gonna replace Wiggins?
Wiggins is untouchable on this team

Wow! That’s awesome bro, so basically this is the same “preseason” analysis we’ve seen for the Canes every season for the last 17 years. Smh Ground breaking stuff here man! Lol pick a media member and I pretty much have the quote they all say every year memorized “is this the year they finally put it all together in Miami, is the U Back? A lot of returning production from some high ranked recruiting classes down in coral gables so with that said were High the canes. We’re predicting coastal championship and giving Clemson one heck of a game in Charlotte if, (pick a HC the last 17 seasons) can coach his way out of a wet paper bag! Lol and then of course the season starts and we all know how that story plays out, did I leave anything out OrangeCrapMagic? I didn’t even read the article because I’m pretty sure that’s what it said seeing the last 17 preseason articles said the exact Same thing.

Take a break Nick. This post is completely unhinged.

Bill Connelly is a Canes fan. He’s Herby and Desmond and all of at CIS. We all see it, but can’t figure out why it hasn’t translated to on Field product.

LOL.

Bill Connelly is a Missouri fan. He's just an analytics guy, he wouldn't 'like Miami', but his stats would.

He likes Manny Diaz though. Used to have him on his podcast.

Advertisement
Back