Bill Connelly 2019 Miami Preview

Advertisement
Advertisement
The 60th rank projection for Offensive S/P+ is probably a pretty good baseline to judge Enos. I'd hope he can get us up into the 30s, which makes many of those games where we're minimally favored way less daunting.

If we can get into the 30s and keep a top 10-15 Defense overall we should hit the ACCCG with at most 1 loss.

Advertisement
Part of the problem I find with national pundits is they lean on the name players to summarize their pieces on the teams. Harley may be an exception to us, but he was on the field often last year for us.
So if you see an Asa Martin reference here, the Jaelan Phillips mistake in the other thread, be mindful that the national writers may not have all the info that we do.
That is all.

Great on the numbers, but suggesting Harley as a key receiver and mentioning Asa Martin as seeking to be immediately eligible and being a part of the rotation lol. I love Bill C, but come on.

Dude, the guy goes in-depth on literally every single team, and provides great insight. THAT is your takeaway from the article? You're focusing on the wrong stuff.

Advertisement
Dude, the guy goes in-depth on literally every single team, and provides great insight. THAT is your takeaway from the article? You're focusing on the wrong stuff.
That's kind of nitpicking an otherwise very complete article imo.
He's great at going in-depth on numbers. It's a valid critique for me to say that he was out of his depth talking about the roster. He so said that we were thin at DL and an injury away from relying on freshman. I love Bill C and listen to PAPN religiously. Doesn't make his work flawless. His model and rankings mean much more as the season goes on anyways, but I think it's a good starting ground for projections.

Advertisement
Part of the problem I find with national pundits is they lean on the name players to summarize their pieces on the teams. Harley may be an exception to us, but he was on the field often last year for us.
So if you see an Asa Martin reference here, the Jaelan Phillips mistake in the other thread, be mindful that the national writers may not have all the info that we do.
That is all.

Eh, sure, but a guy like Bill C has incredible access to programs. It's really not that difficult to just fact check quickly. That's kind of what journalists are supposed to do.

Advertisement
Back