Biggest Weakness for Miami Football

Outside of coaching and the Admins there is one thing that is holding Miami back. They do not recuit many PLAYMAKERS anymore... The old Miami teams would have players take a simple screen or slant pass and out run the entire secondary and score a 75+ yard TD! Those plays get your team hyped up and playing at 110%. When is the last time we have seen that? Deejay Dallas to a certain extent but really that last playmaker we had was Duke Johnson. Now our RBs and WRs are catching passes and getting stopped immediately like 90% of the time. I'm really hoping Brashard Smith and Knighton are the next in line to a history of great playmakers.
Ahhmon Richards is probably the most recent example, but unfortunately his career was cut short. I'm hopeful Brashard could be a playmaker, if utilized correctly.

Advertisement
Outside of coaching and the Admins there is one thing that is holding Miami back. They do not recuit many PLAYMAKERS anymore... The old Miami teams would have players take a simple screen or slant pass and out run the entire secondary and score a 75+ yard TD! Those plays get your team hyped up and playing at 110%. When is the last time we have seen that? Deejay Dallas to a certain extent but really that last playmaker we had was Duke Johnson. Now our RBs and WRs are catching passes and getting stopped immediately like 90% of the time. I'm really hoping Brashard Smith and Knighton are the next in line to a history of great playmakers.
Back to coaching.

Like our coaching staff; you're missing a huge factor here, hoss; Play Makers don't get the opportunity to Make Plays if the offenive line isn't working.
Yes for the RBs but that doesn't really excuse the WRs not having any YAC ability. Also what RB do we have outside of Knighton that can even make a defender miss?

Advertisement
Stevenson, Bolden, Taylor/J williams are three that would start on just about any team in our conference. What we lack is line play on both sides of the ball, but everyone on this site thinks football is a 7-on-7 game.
LMAO at Bolden being called a playmaker.

Is the OP implying we don't recruit playmakers on purpose?
I don't understand what he is trying to say.

Advertisement
Oline sucks
DBs suck
LBs suck
Having playmakers matters a lot less in the scheme of things when it wont affect the outcome.
All this supports our 49-9 loss today , the will blitz every single down with (4) interceptions possibly house one of those, rush for 200 yards and throw for 300 plus.

I’ve seen absolutely nothing to make me think anything different.

Advertisement
1635334407169.jpeg

Advertisement
Back