Biggest recruiting needs

WR is a big need too because of depth. Need to start thinking of guys to replace coley & dorsett.

Advertisement
I'm usually selfish with wanting guys to stay but I hope Duke bounces and gets paid. We all know RBs generally have short careers and are very replaceable in the league. That guy has been such a Cane and aleader here that I want to see him get as much as he can.

Anyone else think Duke going pro isn't set in stone?

If we have a solid season with Olsen under center, proving that we have a realistic chance at a NC in 2015 behind Olsen (and potentially a Heisman for Duke), I think he stays to finish the job.

That kid is a true Cane, he came here to bring the U back. I don't think he'd leave if we're close, and he seems like the type of kid that wants his degree. With that said, single digit wins and not even an ACC title game appearance this year and I think he's gone.

"[R]ealistic chance" at a national championship in 2015? You can't be serious. We are nowhere in the discussion of a national championship in the next two years. It's a laughable homer proposition.

If we have a solid season with Olsen under center, proving that we have a realistic chance at a NC in 2015 behind Olsen (and potentially a Heisman for Duke), I think he stays to finish the job.

That kid is a true Cane, he came here to bring the U back. I don't think he'd leave if we're close, and he seems like the type of kid that wants his degree. With that said, single digit wins and not even an ACC title game appearance this year and I think he's gone.

"[R]ealistic chance" at a national championship in 2015? You can't be serious. We are nowhere in the discussion of a national championship in the next two years. It's a laughable homer proposition.

Advertisement

stood next to him at spring game....whole family was with him mom,dad, im guessing brother....they were all actively watching game and paying attention. Didnt know who he was at the time..but his size is legit...had to be atleast 6'4 240+

His brother Deon is a 2016 RB

The lines and QB. Those are the biggest needs, and they must be replenished every single year. Square that away and everything else falls in to place.

Advertisement

Even assuming Olsen has a "solid season" - however you define "solid" - we need far more than him being solid to "prov[e]" that we have a remote chance at a national title, much less a "realistic chance." Seriously, we are not on the radar for a national title in the next two seasons. ****, we are hoping that our defense improves to get in the top 50.

The few legitimate teams we've played in the last 3 years have completely embarrassed us.

Last edited:
My preferences -
- Give Vern a scholly, he has earned it and is pushing the starters
- 2 Thread Killas
- 1 Hurricane Glory

Some of the starters are associating with the wrong people and may have off the field issues.

I can't wait for the season, Miami should go 9-3 or 10-2 this year. We are better than everybody in the ACC except FSU. I think FSU will be on upset alert November 15th on the road. Depending on how well the QB is playing. Hopefully Kaaya is the starter. He will help recruiting tremendously

I can't wait for the season, Miami should go 9-3 or 10-2 this year. We are better than everybody in the ACC except FSU. I think FSU will be on upset alert November 15th on the road. Depending on how well the QB is playing. Hopefully Kaaya is the starter. He will help recruiting tremendously

You're hoping that a true freshman starts AND simultaneously claiming "[w]e are better than everybody in the ACC except FSU"? Really? Wow.

When is the last time that a true freshman QB led a team to a BCS bowl game? Better yet, has that ever happened with a team that had a defense outside of the top 50 the prior year?

Advertisement

You're hoping that a true freshman starts AND simultaneously claiming "[w]e are better than everybody in the ACC except FSU"? Really? Wow.

When is the last time that a true freshman QB led a team to a BCS bowl game? Better yet, has that ever happened with a team that had a defense outside of the top 50 the prior year?

Think you're asking way too many complicated questions for SloMo...

Last edited:
Terrell's Pryor
Matt Barkley
Teddy Bridgewater
Robert Griffin III
Braxton Miller
Tom Savage
All started as true freshman and did fine. The ACC conference sucks. So, therefore Miami SHOULD go 9-3 or 10-2. If not, the coaching staff sucks

Advertisement

stood next to him at spring game....whole family was with him mom,dad, im guessing brother....they were all actively watching game and paying attention. Didnt know who he was at the time..but his size is legit...had to be atleast 6'4 240+

Good to hear.

Here are Richard McIntosh highlights.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1747656/richard-mcintosh

I agree Dline is UM's biggest concern, particularly the interior NT spots.

Go Canes

Last edited:

Even assuming Olsen has a "solid season" - however you define "solid" - we need far more than him being solid to "prov[e]" that we have a remote chance at a national title, much less a "realistic chance." Seriously, we are not on the radar for a national title in the next two seasons. ****, we are hoping that our defense improves to get in the top 50.

The few legitimate teams we've played in the last 3 years have completely embarrassed us.

I'm not saying if Olsen has a solid season. Olsen can have a solid season and we could still suck. Read what I wrote. I'm saying if we, the Miami Hurricanes as a whole, have a solid season with Olsen under center, maybe Duke stays because we could make a run.

Want my definition of "solid"? Something along the lines of 10-2 and playing for the ACC championship with our young quarterback showing some poise and our defense showing some toughness. Something that isn't beyond the realm of possibility whatsoever seeing as we were 9-3 last year, finished second in the Coastal, and expect improvement this year. Something that would prove that maybe, just maybe, we've got a shot at a title the following year. That's my definition of solid.

It's great that you're so confident about our slim national title chances over the next two years. I'm sure Auburn felt the same way coming off their 3-9 season a year before playing in the national championship game.

Drop Ken Dorsey onto this team with a healthy Duke. I got Canes all the way against FSU this year

Oh yeah, Christian Hackenburg was nice too went 8-4 with an average team in a better conference. Davis Webb at Texas Tech started 6 games as a true freshman, 20 touchdowns, 9 ints. And they (Webb & Hackenburg) didn't have Duke Johnson, Stacey coley, joe yearby, Phillip dorsett, herb waters, Clive Walford, and #1 CB outta high school in 2012 (Tracy Howard), 4-star CB Artie Burns, three 4-star safeties (Deon Bush & Jamal carter or Dallas Crawford) in their secondary either.

Advertisement
Back