Biggest NIL Fear

monopolyxmoney

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Delete if already posted but I’ve always worried about the kids that didn’t get a deal or as big of a deal as they expected. In this case we are going back down the road of Miami kids feeling neglected by Miami. Just this time is about the $$$ & not offers.

Seems like we can’t win but hopefully someone has a solution.

Advertisement
Nah his kid just needs to get an agent to secure NIL deals... Florida law prohibits high schoolers from getting deals his dad is just confused because California allows high schoolers to get deals.
Ok that makes me feel better. Someone needs to educate him before this gets ugly.

Advertisement
1CCFFC6F-66C6-407F-8CF8-8BAB6FCEFAF7.gif

Advertisement
Just like the NFL, NBA, MLB, pro soccer, pro wrestling, etc. . .people will need to negotiate for the best possible deal consistent with their market value. The Washington brothers have real market value and I am very confident they will make a lot of money at UM via NIL.
I don’t worry about pocket watching in college any more than I do in the pros. Go earn your money. And for those who ask how did Rashada earn his money, the answer is that he balled out in high school at a premium position and created value

Advertisement
Just like the NFL, NBA, MLB, pro soccer, pro wrestling, etc. . .people will need to negotiate for the best possible deal consistent with their market value. The Washington brothers ahve real market value and I am very confident they will make a lot of money at UM via NIL.
I don’t worry about pocket watching in college any more than I do in the pros. Go earn your money. And for those who ask how did Rashada earn his money, the answer is that he balled out in high school at a premium position and created value

Not just this, but any of the NIL-players in college football, the big boy schools, are going to be prone to this. A lot of people act like we’ve never been there before, because probably for most of their lives we haven't.

Sometimes people post like we are the only ones doing NIL deals and we are the only one that might have some repercussions here or there about these deals.

No team that is going to be active in this space is going to be free from this. We are not unique in that respect. You can try to anticipate something, but for the most part I think most schools will deal with this as it occurs. It’s all new for everybody so there will still be an adjustment period.

Not just this, but any of the NIL-players in college football, the big boy schools, are going to be prone to this. A lot of people act like we’ve never been there before, because probably for most of their lives we haven't.

Sometimes people post like we are the only ones doing NIL deals and we are the only one that might have some repercussions here or there about these deals.

No team that is going to be active in this space is going to be free from this. We are not unique in that respect. You can try to anticipate something, but for the most part I think most schools will deal with this as it occurs. It’s all new for everybody so there will still be an adjustment period.
Correct. And before people argue that these kids are only 18-19 years old and not the same as pro athletes in their maturity, lets remember that tennis, gold, soccer and hockey players and deal with contracts and endorsements beginning at a much younger age than 18.
As you noted, schools will adjust. And so will the players.

Advertisement
Many of us knew this would come when the decision was made to continue pursuit of Rashada. Hopefully, Mario has given this plenty of thought and has a plan to address this.
There's nothing to address. Sr just doesn't understand the rules vary by state. The Washington boys will get their money. They just can't do it the same way CA recruits can.

I see this whole NIL thing turning into the fuel of the old NFL rookie contracts where veteran players complained that someone just in the league is making ridiculous money and entitlement without earning it. You are going to start seeing veteran players and early commitments turn on these high school players. You will see these recruits holding out till the very end of signing period or not signing at all with a school. This whole NIL is a mess and there should have been a cap set by the ncaa before crap hitting the fan. Maybe something of a tiered system like freshman can only make lets say $200k and jr yesr and above $1 million. Maybe legislation should have stated you can't sign an NIl until after freshman year

Now here is a question. Is the irs going to treat these NIL deals like professional athletes contracts and have to pay taxes in each city they play a game in, endorsement is at city where these athletes are making money off their NIl

Advertisement
Back