Biggest game of the season. No questions about it.

Advertisement
Yeah, good things will come to pass if we beat Pittsburgh at home before a raucous sold-out crowd Saturday.

If, on the other hand, we fail (especially if Pack is Back), it makes it unlikely we will win any more games this CBB season.

so, Yeah, its a very BIG game.

You’re not really understanding what outright means. You’re not wrong, we’ll win the ACC. But it’ll be via tiebreaker. The tiebreaker is head to head, so it’s not like it’s some wonky coin flip or some ****. We’ll win the league. But outright means you had a better record than anyone else, not you tied and you won a tiebreaker.

I was actually arguing with someone the other day who was saying that since (I don’t believe) the ACC doesn’t formally recognize the regular season champion, and they consider whoever wins the tournament to be that year’s champ, that if his team was tied for the 1 seed but lost a tiebreaker, they’d still hang an ACC championship banner. Argument was that nobody had a better record than they did, so yeah maybe they get the 2 seed in the tourney via tiebreaker, but they tied for the best record in the league. I disagree. If ND wins this game this argument is likely moot, but I’d feel dirty if say Miami, Pitt, and UVA all tied for the top spot, but Miami had the 2 or 3 seed after the tiebreakers, and they still hung a banner. To me the tiebreakers are there for a reason, yes they ultimately determine seeding but whoever is the 1 seed won the league, nobody else should hang a banner.

Anyway, **** everyone else. Win Saturday, get the 1 seed, and hang the god**** banner.
We’re on the same page. But I will say there is a Big East Champ banner hanging when we tied with UConn and we’re the 2 seed. I’m ok with it.

Yeah, good things will come to pass if we beat Pittsburgh at home before a raucous sold-out crowd Saturday.

If, on the other hand, we fail (especially if Pack is Back), it makes it unlikely we will win any more games this CBB season.

so, Yeah, its a very BIG game.
I love these if/Then statements with nothing to back it up yet it linger in the interwebbers ether like its truth.

If you actually believe that….seek help

Appleby will probably win POY. He leads the conference in points, assists, and minutes.

There is less than zero chance Capel doesn’t win COY. They were picked to finish like next to last and then they lost their best player for the year. He’s got it locked up.

Advertisement
Can't agree with your take on Omier. IMO, no Omier = NCAAT bubble. We'd have another half dozen losses without him on the boards and defending inside.
I hear ya, but if you look at the old Bulls without Rodman the Bulls probably don't win those last 3 titles. As valuable as he was to their success, he was never one of their top 2 players. IMHO neither is Omier. That's not a knock on him. Just think that Wong and Miller have been our best 2

Last edited:
You can't just look at offense for POY, Omier also gets it done on defensive end for us as much as anyone. So as far as best all-around player for us this year, I would say Norchad is it.

You can't just look at offense for POY, Omier also gets it done on defensive end for us as much as anyone. So as far as best all-around player for us this year, I would say Norchad is it.
To me, he's certainly the one player we can't win without. If Wong or Miller were out for a game, we still might have enough firepower to win. If Omier is out and we're playing a Tourney-caliber team, it would be tough.

Miller and Wong may have better all-round basketball skills at this point but Omier is our MVP for the defense - and especially rebounding - that no one else can really replace.

Advertisement
Agreed. I think Wong at his best is our best player. But Wong is also inconsistent.

Miller is the most consistently good, all around player on the team.

I think Wong would be a pretty reliable player if he stopped skidding his wheels in the paint like a moto cross racer turning the corner...
..or just get some sneakers with traction.

Last edited:
Erick Green’s trophy says otherwise. Nobody cared he was on a last place team, or anything else. They cared that he dropped 25 a game.

Appleby has had a very similar year to Williams, who won it last year and Jones who won it a couple years ago. Also very close to Justin Jackson from a handful of years ago and probably plenty more guys as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I love these if/Then statements with nothing to back it up yet it linger in the interwebbers ether like its truth.

If you actually believe that….seek help
I back it up by pointing out this team is extremely inconsistent and can lose to anyone when their flaws surface. Whether its fouls (Omier), hero-ball, sloppiness, out of position, or just winded, thats the reason its so hard to pick an MVP because all the starters can do it, and do do it, like GT and 2nd half vs FSU and Maryland and Cornell. Sure, they can all be at their best at the same time, and we should certainly beat Pitt if this comes close to true. If we cant get it together for Pitt, I just said its UNLIKELY we get it together for anyone else we might face this year in March madness. Its SHOW ME time!

I back it up by pointing out this team is extremely inconsistent and can lose to anyone when their flaws surface. Whether its fouls (Omier), hero-ball, sloppiness, out of position, or just winded, thats the reason its so hard to pick an MVP because all the starters can do it, and do do it, like GT and 2nd half vs FSU and Maryland and Cornell. Sure, they can all be at their best at the same time, and we should certainly beat Pitt if this comes close to true. If we cant get it together for Pitt, I just said its UNLIKELY we get it together for anyone else we might face this year in March madness. Its SHOW ME time!
I'm sorry, but perhaps english isn't my third language...like others here, but this is what you said:
this is called a definitive clause. you claim they likely won't win AGAIN if they lose to Pitt. If this, THEN THAT.

My mother would say: that's stupid thing to say.

Now even with all the gobbledygook you have in the preceding paragraph which you didn't include in the first posting anyway, you make a definitive claim: THEY WON'T WIN AGAIN.
Why is is so ******* hard to understand what you yourself clearly wrote? and now you want to qualify it? Sorry, but teams go on runs, they have an upset here and there, it happens. It isn't show me time, you want it to be, but its not. Is this team winning the Tournament this year?

That's not probable. But it is possible.

See the difference?

Advertisement
Back