Biggest game of the season. No questions about it.

Da_Lucky_One

All ACC

Everything is in the line. Yes, everything.

ACC Regular Season Championship.
ACC Player of the Year.
ACC Coach of the Year.

Sure, beating FSU would have made this easier but this is where we are.

Only chickens lay eggs in this situation.

They have an entire week to heal and prepare for Saturday.

No excuses are needed nor acceptable.

Advertisement

ACC Player of the Year.
ACC Coach of the Year.

I guess we were right about Jordan Miller. Sometimes the eyeballs are as good today as they were 30 years ago. Before all the stats came into play.

ACC Player of the Year.
ACC Coach of the Year.

As much as Omier means to our team's success, he's been our 3rd-4th best player this season. I woulldn't mind being wrong but I don't see any way he wins ACC POY. If anyone from Miami were to win it, I think it'd be Wong or Miller. I do think this race is wide open though. Up until a few days ago I'd have put my money on Tyree Appleby to win it. But with their recent slide I'm not so sure anymore.

Gonna be a fun last week of college basketball.

GO CANES!!!

Look, I think Norchad Omier has been awesome for us this season, and I think if this team makes a run, it’s only going to happen if he contributes bigly. He’s been better than I expected.

But if he’s the ACC POY, I don’t think that’s doing much to crush the narrative that the ACC is way down this season. I think I’ve watched every game this year, at no point until I opened this thread did him being the player of the year in the entire conference even enter my mind. I don’t even think he’s the player of the team (Miller, Jordan). But hey, if either of them win it, that’d be incredible.

Advertisement
hoping that having a full week to rest and practice gives us the juice to hammer Pitt. Also let's hope Pitt beats ND tonight in triple OT!!!!

As much as Omier means to our team's success, he's been our 3rd-4th best player this season. I woulldn't mind being wrong but I don't see any way he wins ACC POY. If anyone from Miami were to win it, I think it'd be Wong or Miller. I do think this race is wide open though. Up until a few days ago I'd have put my money on Tyree Appleby to win it. But with their recent slide I'm not so sure anymore.

Gonna be a fun last week of college basketball.

GO CANES!!!
Can't agree with your take on Omier. IMO, no Omier = NCAAT bubble. We'd have another half dozen losses without him on the boards and defending inside.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes we will win outright. Then series against UVA was one game we won. We will win the ACC outright if Pitt loses

You’re not really understanding what outright means. You’re not wrong, we’ll win the ACC. But it’ll be via tiebreaker. The tiebreaker is head to head, so it’s not like it’s some wonky coin flip or some ****. We’ll win the league. But outright means you had a better record than anyone else, not you tied and you won a tiebreaker.

I was actually arguing with someone the other day who was saying that since (I don’t believe) the ACC doesn’t formally recognize the regular season champion, and they consider whoever wins the tournament to be that year’s champ, that if his team was tied for the 1 seed but lost a tiebreaker, they’d still hang an ACC championship banner. Argument was that nobody had a better record than they did, so yeah maybe they get the 2 seed in the tourney via tiebreaker, but they tied for the best record in the league. I disagree. If ND wins this game this argument is likely moot, but I’d feel dirty if say Miami, Pitt, and UVA all tied for the top spot, but Miami had the 2 or 3 seed after the tiebreakers, and they still hung a banner. To me the tiebreakers are there for a reason, yes they ultimately determine seeding but whoever is the 1 seed won the league, nobody else should hang a banner.

Anyway, **** everyone else. Win Saturday, get the 1 seed, and hang the god**** banner.

Been calling Pitt L (if they come back kill me) against ND since this weekend and really since I saw they played them before us. Playing @ ND in Brey’s last home game before coming to Coral Gables for a chance at winning the ACC? Near automatic L.

Pitt is gonna be fired up. They need a W to secure an NCAAT. We are going to be well-rested with a chance to get rid of that nasty taste in our mouths after a brutal 2nd half L against our rival, all with a raucous crowd at hand with a chance to win ACC regular season title for the first time in a decade. This is also a revenge game having lost an 8point lead in the final 2mins against them on the road. I know Coach L and the players are looking forward to this.

Going to be a fun game. Need a healthy Pack.

LETS GO CANES!

Edit: The refs are calling a foul on ND every time down the court so this will be a nervy 3mins

Been calling Pitt L (if they come back kill me) against ND since this weekend and really since I saw they played them before us. Playing @ ND in Brey’s last home game before coming to Coral Gables for a chance at winning the ACC? Near automatic L.

Pitt is gonna be fired up. They need a W to secure an NCAAT. We are going to be well-rested with a chance to get rid of that nasty taste in our mouths after a brutal 2nd half L against our rival, all with a raucous crowd at hand with a chance to win ACC regular season title for the first time in a decade. This is also a revenge game having lost an 8point lead in the final 2mins against them on the road. I know Coach L and the players are looking forward to this.

Going to be a fun game. Need a healthy Pack.

LETS GO CANES!

They’re up 14 at the under 4 timeout. I’m calling it. Thank you ND, thank you Mike Brey. Enjoy forced retirement.

As far as Miami, you got a ballgame on your home court to win the ACC. Simple as that. Get it done.

They’re up 14 at the under 4 timeout. I’m calling it. Thank you ND, thank you Mike Brey. Enjoy forced retirement.

As far as Miami, you got a ballgame on your home court to win the ACC. Simple as that. Get it done.
After what happened in Iowa-Mich State I can’t even be sure 😂

Generally my rule is that a 20 point lead isn’t safe at all in college until there’s less10mins left.

Now I’m gonna say 6mins.

ND doing everything they can to let Pitt tie or win this. Up 8 with 43 left, Pitt ball

Edit: It’s a 5 point game

Edit: Phewwwww 😅

Advertisement
Back