Biggest Game In Dade: Miami Palmetto vs. Miami Northwestern Official Game Thread

Advertisement
-2024 DE/DT Willis McGahee, Jr.

tenor-7.gif

You know what though, Te'Cory Couch was really small in HS and he's playing like our best CB right now. Get burns into a real strength program and he'll put on the weight needed.
I feel like FSU tortured us for YEARS with tiny, small CBs who were feisty, had great technique and had dog in them. (Terrell Buckley, Clifton Abraham, Tony Carter, Tay Cody, etc) I’m done with the “prototype CB” talk. If he can play, bring him in.

Advertisement
Tim Bostic (yes he's Jon Bostic's cousin) is a converted TE & Kareem Roberts are both real smart kids, solid Senior upperclassman LB's but will most likely be HBCU kids.

Andy Jean is a 2023 WR, legit 6'0 tall trackster that got brought up from JV this year, he's got real good speed, was a 400x relay kid his Freshman year. Coach Harris told me he'll be sub 11 100m kid as well.

Jalen Rogers is 2022 track speedster, he plays primarily WR but we were working him at DB during the offseason this year, he play WR for this year especially after Zaylan Reese transferred on us last minute, but I wouldn't be shocked if he wound up playing CB his Senior year.

He's legit fast AF though, he was a deep threat for us last year, he had 24rec & 356yds, he's on the smaller side in terms of weight & is around 5'9-5'10 ish but he can fly.
andy jean (#80) burned jason marshall at the end of the game and jason decided to fake a hamstring imo.. Ninja is fast meng..He also took a Wr screen for 50+ yards .Homeboy was cruising and runs smooth.. Hes legit 6’0 ..

But the fastest player i saw on the field was #8 from northwestern ( Celestine).. Good lawd he can run!!

Are you sure that's Savion Collins, because it looks he is wearing #5? and I believe his number was 99, but he probably had to switch since he is playing OG. Also Savion Collins was 300+lbs before the Pandemic.

Go Canes
he was wearing #59 bra.. you cant see it since the girl trainer was attending to him and blocked my pic meng..

Advertisement
You know what though, Te'Cory Couch was really small in HS and he's playing like our best CB right now. Get burns into a real strength program and he'll put on the weight needed.
****, we don’t even need him to get that big. We keep passing on corners because of their lack of size and they still end up better than the guys we get. Our secondary would look better with Asante Jr and Jaden Davis right now, that’s for sure.

Advertisement
Need you see more with this guy?. He could come into UM at 5'7 145pds and id still want him. Him as a hs sr has more defensive iq or technique than guys we currently start at cb. Matter of fact i have yet to see anyone of our current guys make the type of awareness play he made to get an int. Hes getting good coaching at MNW

Mannnn having kids like this is so valuable. Not a lot of kids have football IQ like this, they're just out there going through the motions and doing exactly what their coaches tell them. (or exactly what the play-call asks them to do)

He was smart enough to know that the QB didn't really want the 4 yard out-route, but that he was looking to the post-corner. Baited him into throwing it.

Advertisement
Complete lack of scheme in this football game...but here's the good thing about that...

It shows us who can REALLY play.
You can't hide in Cover-1 or Cover-0.
It's mano-e-mano and teams in Dade don't give a **** who you are, they will go at your a$$.
Man coverage can expose your a$$ quick! Whether you're a CB or WR.

I hope our DC, whoever he is, decides to play more aggressive on the back-end if we're gonna be signing kids like Burns.

Complete lack of scheme in this football game...but here's the good thing about that...

It shows us who can REALLY play.
You can't hide in Cover-1 or Cover-0.
It's mano-e-mano and teams in Dade don't give a **** who you are, they will go at your a$$.
Man coverage can expose your a$$ quick! Whether you're a CB or WR.

I hope our DC, whoever he is, decides to play more aggressive on the back-end if we're gonna be signing kids like Burns.
U hearing baker is out ?

Let's not get carried away and start critiquing these kids with sour grapes in our mouth.
Marshall is a fvckin' stud. He covered Brinson well on plenty of plays I saw. Brinson routed him up decent a couple times also.
Even Burns got bombed out there.

Advertisement
Back