Big Zion Nelson

I mean he could just medically retire, or graduate in a few days and move on to life after ball. If his knees wont let him play makes no sense to transfer. If in Fall (when the 85 actually matters) he is still on ship I will share your confusion but until then I am in the camp of he wont be on the roster in 3 months.
What a reasonable and mature take on CIS...

Season 3 Leave GIF by Martin

Advertisement
When Zion is 30 years old we will still be asking when he is going to suit up again.

Advertisement
Think he’s probably content with the situation that’s the only explanation I can think of
He is still on scholarship, correct? So, he's still getting education, meals (good quality), lodging free of charge. I don't know about his NIL package, but I assume he has some source of income. Very few expenses and has his own money to spend. Great weather and hot chicks everywhere. Sign me up.

I mean he could just medically retire, or graduate in a few days and move on to life after ball. If his knees wont let him play makes no sense to transfer. If in Fall (when the 85 actually matters) he is still on ship I will share your confusion but until then I am in the camp of he wont be on the roster in 3 months.
Today is graduation. Haven't seen him listed anywhere as an Undergrad.

Maybe he got a graduate degree....

This guy hasn’t been available it seems like forever-
It’s obvious it’s serious or he would be out there-

I have no idea if he even has a football future -

Hope he has his degree with good health in the future.

Props to Zion. Came in way before he was ready, put in the work to transform his body, left it all out on the field and keeps working to see what the future might hold. No clue if he will ever play a snap for anybody but that’s the kind of resilience that will take you places.

Advertisement
Props to Zion. Came in way before he was ready, put in the work to transform his body, left it all out on the field and keeps working to see what the future might hold. No clue if he will ever play a snap for anybody but that’s the kind of resilience that will take you places.
Agree. Zion put on a tremendous amount of bodyweight probably too quickly in hindsight. Wishing this man nothing but the best, both now, and for his future.

Advertisement
Today is graduation. Haven't seen him listed anywhere as an Undergrad.

Maybe he got a graduate degree....
I was assuming graduate. I felt I read somewhere Zion was very bright and was going after a difficult degree. He started for us as a TF in 2019. Id imagine he was able to graduate in the normal 4 years if not faster.

Advertisement
Flo indicted we have some players graduating that will free up a couple more roster spots. None of us would be surprised if that was a player like Nelson, Redding or another player on the roster

Apparently we don’t need more spots since it’s down to Baron and 1 more target. Kind of surprised tbh.

Advertisement
Back