Big Vince Cutting the Weight

Advertisement
Good for Vince.... No need at his age to keep all that weight on.... Hopefully he can continue to shed weight in a healthy manner and enjoy life a bit different than before... Really happy for him...

I saw him hosting a show on food network and he looked really slim. I’m glad he’s made the healthy decision. So many of the league’s big men can’t adjust to life after football and just keep getting bigger.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Was he really only 325,I always thought he was well over 350,even here.
63385ad14d423e001820007f

Advertisement
Good for him & the rest of those linemen. It’s not healthy to carry all that weight; Glad to see a lot of premier lineman in their latter yrs become healthy. I know Joe Thomas looks like a new man, Tony B looked slim at his HOF induction, Howie Long trimmed up after he hung em up, etc.

Last edited:
Good for him & the rest of those DLmen. It’s not healthy to carry all that weight; Glad to see a lot of premier lineman in their latter yrs become healthy. I know Joe Thomas looks like a new man, Tony B looked slim at his HOF induction, Howie Long trimmed up after he hung em up, etc.
Men the size of NFL OL and DL often don‘t live into their later years. How many 300lb 60-70+ year-old do you see?

Advertisement
It says something about the sport of football that a man can be in better health and condition AFTER his playing days than during. Good for Vince Wilfork, very happy for him.

I obviously love football but it would be nice if the sport could be changed so that it doesn’t encourage or reward obesity. We look at a 300 lbs DT as a good thing we want to recruit but taking a step back, it’s messed up for any high school age kid to weigh even close to that much

It says something about the sport of football that a man can be in better health and condition AFTER his playing days than during. Good for Vince Wilfork, very happy for him.

I obviously love football but it would be nice if the sport could be changed so that it doesn’t encourage or reward obesity. We look at a 300 lbs DT as a good thing we want to recruit but taking a step back, it’s messed up for any high school age kid to weigh even close to that much

What’s crazier is guys back in the day, guys weren’t this big. Was just reading an article about the evolution of the offensive linemen.

‘20’s: 6’0 - 211 lbs
‘30’s - 40’s: 6’1 - 220 lbs
‘50’s: 6’2 - 234lbs
‘60’s - 70’s: 6’3 - 255 lbs
‘80’s: 6’4 - 272lbs

Then the 90’s happened, & 300+ lbs lineman were encouraged.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back