Big ups to SOUTH DADE completing the state sweep

skyman

Senior
No one really gave those guys a chance but they limited that offense and pulled out the W. I know thats a big win in the southern part of dade and they help complete the sweep in the toughest game going into this championship round.

Champanant, BTW, Dwyer, American Heritage, Central and SOUTH DADE. Shout out to all them boys, but Dam South Dade started from the bottom now they here.

Advertisement
I'm surprised they won the whole thing. I've seen them 4-5 times the last 2 seasons and always came away saying they had so much talent at the skill positions but wondered what would happen if they faced a bigger team from up North and they seemed to hurt themselves with sloppy play. Kahlil Render made a huge difference at QB for them.

Seen them a few times also. Its their Oline, they are very sloppy compared to the other top teams and dont seem as cohesive. Their D is good enough but maybe no blue chip type players. 8A has been watered down, I thought a team like Columbus would skate thru but South Dade was good enough to make it happen. They seemed really prepared on defense and the skill guys made plays.

Having graduated at South Dade, I'm doing cartwheels right now. I didn't think we'd win state this year. Big ups to them Dade boys!

Advertisement
This class will truly turn the program around because we have winners. From the Booker T trio, to Yearby, Darling, and Valentine. Tyree Brady winning his ring tonight, Mike Smith has learned how to win with the rich tradition at Northwestern. Moten has 2 rings from St. Thomas along with Linder. Chris Herndon at Norcross won last year and played for another title tonight. Brandon Powell played on a very successful team, Kaaya and target Brayden Lenius just took down perennial power Junipero Serra and are playing in the state semis tonight. Kc Mcdermott enjoyed a successful HS career at PBC, target JC Jackson won last year at Immokalee, Courtel Jenkins and target Kiy Hester just won a state championship in NJ. This class has kids that know how to win and that will goes a long way; our f[]__[]ture looks bright. Go Canes!

This class will truly turn the program around because we have winners. From the Booker T trio, to Yearby, Darling, and Valentine. Tyree Brady winning his ring tonight, Mike Smith has learned how to win with the rich tradition at Northwestern. Moten has 2 rings from St. Thomas along with Linder. Chris Herndon at Norcross won last year and played for another title tonight. Brandon Powell played on a very successful team, Kaaya and target Brayden Lenius just took down perennial power Junipero Serra and are playing in the state semis tonight. Kc Mcdermott enjoyed a successful HS career at PBC, target JC Jackson won last year at Immokalee, Courtel Jenkins and target Kiy Hester just won a state championship in NJ. This class has kids that know how to win and that will goes a long way; our f[]__[]ture looks bright. Go Canes!

I like the message but honestly that doesnt matter

Jacory's class was full of state rings

Advertisement
Seen them a few times also. Its their Oline, they are very sloppy compared to the other top teams and dont seem as cohesive. Their D is good enough but maybe no blue chip type players. 8A has been watered down, I thought a team like Columbus would skate thru but South Dade was good enough to make it happen. They seemed really prepared on defense and the skill guys made plays.

Pete knows I've been on the South Dade bandwagon. Hudson has them pretty well-coached and Render is an accurate quarterback. They are so deep on the outside and spread you out. It's a poor man's version of Northwestern '08.

They were also full of bad coaches who couldn't coach them up and complacency with their HS careers. These kids are coming from everywhere not predominately MNW with a fire to bring miami back.

Advertisement
In addition to state champs, MNW was mythical national champions. They beat Carroll (Southlake, Texas) the #2 ranked high school team on the road and ended their 60 whatever game winning streak. Jacory played behind some of the worse offensive lines and for some of the worse offensive coordinators we've ever had. He made a lot of bone head plays on his own - no denying that, but I still think he would have been a much better college QB in a different situation. He really improved his senior season under Fisch until he tanked at the end.

Advertisement
Class of '73

Thats back in the Rebel days. No kidding I think some of my dads friends graduated the dade around that same time. My dad graduated from Southwest in 72 i think.
Actually the Rebel days ended in 69-70 :( I was in 9th grade at Homestead Junior High then. The whole time I was at South Dade we were known as the "South Dade No Names"

Advertisement
Back