Big Time Quote From Banda

Didnt know that

But how does his career stats at Miami stack up against Ray??
Comparable. Lewis set the single season tackle record for MLB at 160. Morgan had a 150 tackle season as a sophomore. Morgan is the career tackle leader any position at 532.

Morgan, arguably, also played on crappier teams than ray. Those 97-98 years were real thin.

Advertisement
New fans have no clue what a dominant player Morgan was because all they care about is nfl achievements, and his career was cut short because he had no regard for his own safety.

P. S. It’s a stupid argument anyway because Ray Lewis wasn’t from South Florida. We got him from gator territory.

New fans have no clue what a dominant player Morgan was because all they care about is nfl achievements, and his career was cut short because he had no regard for his own safety.

P. S. It’s a stupid argument anyway because Ray Lewis wasn’t from South Florida. We got him from gator territory.

State of Miami not South Florida. If its South of the 4 its Cane country to me

Reed was a 2x unanimous AA, co-defensive POY and had 21 career interceptions.

The premise of the debate is that there are plenty of guys whom are not from South Florida that can go on and have great careers and be great players.

Yes, Irvin, Taylor and Ray Lewis (who's not from South Florida) were great players. But probably more than half of Miami's household names aren't even from South Florida.
Who here contends there aren’t kids from outside of So Fla who can go on to have great careers?

No one, is the answer. The rosters of NFL and other top cfb teams are full of players from beyond so fla.

The debate should be about recruiting PRIORITIES and FOCUS. Those kids from elsewhere who are so good, there are teams close to where they are from who will recruit them also, and there are costs to UM staff flying around the country chasing kids everywhere. Everyone loves to talk about Ed Reed, but we’ve been left at the alter by top WRs from LA and GA just the past two years. We thought we had a top RB from MD in ‘17, right up until we didn’t. The idea that it’s easier to get top kids from elsewhere is not well thought through, and unproven.

There really isn’t even a debate here. We’re always going to recruit local kids, and always going to selectively take kids from elsewhere. All I see are people regurgitating the ‘01 roster without even pausing to consider whether jucos are a different topic than Hs kids when it comes to recruiting.

Who here contends there aren’t kids from outside of So Fla who can go on to have great careers?

No one, is the answer. The rosters of NFL and other top cfb teams are full of players from beyond so fla.

The debate should be about recruiting PRIORITIES and FOCUS. Those kids from elsewhere who are so good, there are teams close to where they are from who will recruit them also, and there are costs to UM staff flying around the country chasing kids everywhere. Everyone loves to talk about Ed Reed, but we’ve been left at the alter by top WRs from LA and GA just the past two years. We thought we had a top RB from MD in ‘17, right up until we didn’t. The idea that it’s easier to get top kids from elsewhere is not well thought through, and unproven.

There really isn’t even a debate here. We’re always going to recruit local kids, and always going to selectively take kids from elsewhere. All I see are people regurgitating the ‘01 roster without even pausing to consider whether jucos are a different topic than Hs kids when it comes to recruiting.

I agree with what you're saying. I was more debating Drewny on that one aspect of his argument.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wake me up when recruiting "national" wins us a ring
For educational purposes only let’s take a look at our latest 2001 Title roster which does have lots(Mainly) South Florida/FL Talent. But don’t act like players from other states didn’t play a huge part in bringing home the title. And I won’t get into who was a Juco transfer because we had quite a few(thanks Butch) but I guess The greatest safety in history Ed Reed(Louisiana) wasn’t recruited nationally and mind you without Ed’s heroics we don’t win vs BC. Bryan McKinney from New Jersey. Jeramy Shockey(Oklahoma), Brett Romberg and Haji Rasouli were both from Canada go figure. Kellen Winslow Jr, DJ Williams and Ken Dorsey were from California. If I remember correctly DE Jamal Green missed that 2002 championship Robbery of a game vs The buckeyes and it cost us in the game because he was playing like a monster that year was from New Jersey. **** Clinton Portis born in Mississippi but played HS ball in focking Gayturdsville Fl. which is a whole other state GOTTDAMMIT! Point is let’s own all the college football world 🗺flat or 🌎round Gottdamm!😆🙌🏾

Last edited:
You’re way too bright to start this sort of nonsense. There’s a gigantic difference between not recruiting the area and cutting bait quicker with the baggots who are so obviously being used as pawns for their stank mommies to sell them to kkk schools that even message board posters see it a mile away.

baggots!!! That needs to become official CIS vernacular

Advertisement
Come on...some of US/YOU/YALL/WE are taking the quote a bit out of context. The new Miami staff have shown they are competent in addressing and fixing needs at the very least. Now being in one of the hotbeds or high school football recruiting, do you REALLY think the UM staff is going to disregard the ENTIRE SFL football scene in general? No that’s just dumb. We’ll always recruit home first. Banda basically said we’re not sucking d!!ck or kissing *** anymore on local recruits. If they’re serious, we’ll throw the full court press, if not, we’ll move on. Plus we’ve always done better when we recruit locally and nationally anyway. We’re solid, juzzzz chill..

Dan Morgan from Taravella? Straight monster. I remembering being down at UM and seeing his name on the board for being one of the faster LB’s running a 4.5. I think he would have had a Paul Posluzsny kinda career has he had stayed healthy.

Advertisement
How competitively recruited were the guys drafted in the first 3 rounds of the NFL draft from last season?

I would bet a good number were not. Among that bunch, how many would have wanted to play for Miami?

If you can identify that group when they are in high school, you can recruit a national championship contender without drama, competition, and bags.

Advertisement
Back