BIG TEN DONE

Advertisement
New question: Does this open up Big 10 schools to lawsuits by failing to live up to their promises of development towards the NFL?
Lawyers are interested in more than COVID-19, that's for **** sure.

This will have a domino effect on a bunch of things that affect ALL conferences:

- Early Signing Day : Will this even happen now?
- EE for spring
- Definitely no on campus recruiting for the forseeable future

It may even affect February signing day.....

Advertisement

Exactly what bullets are the SEC and ACC taking? Seems like every single player wants to play and the vast majority of coaches want to coach. Tens of thousands of fans stand behind these kids with the letusplay hashtag. Seems like the conferences who make the decision to cancel are the ones who will be looked down upon in this situation unless I'm missing something?

Advertisement
I think the Big 12 is closer to canceling than the ACC.
That's interesting because I just heard Rece Davis say the same thing. I was under the impression that the states of Texas and Oklahoma ran that conference and the last thing I heard out of Austin was a pipedream about the Longhorns playing before at least a 50% capacity home stadium.

Advertisement
Gigantic mess with no ounce of leadership being displayed. Release a schedule and then 6 days later cancel the season. Totally inept.
I think it’s an a-political statement to say the NCAA and the university/conference system at large has spent the last two decades getting fatter and dumber than any of us even imagined.

How can you have so much capital and be so utterly, grossly, unprepared and uncoordinated.

Unless you believe, as I have, that certain conferences wanted to cancel the season from the jump.

I don't see the point in playing in the spring. I would argue it's more dangerous playing 2 seasons in the same year than covid it is. Spring ball will also see more opt outs since it's so close to the NFL draft. A guy like Fields would be an idiot to play in a meaningless spring season just before/during the draft. Playing now is the only real choice here.

Advertisement
You know what would be great television? The 3 conferences put the names of all the participating schools in a hat. Each week the head coaches participate in a random drawing to set up the weekly matchups. Don't know in advance which teams are playing each other. The conferences can thank me later for all the money they will make from the broadcast rights of the weekly selections.
A scheduling lottery certainly would be must-see tv but I think it somehow would just end up with the Knicks or Rangers getting the #1 overall pick.

I think it’s an a-political statement to say the NCAA and the university/conference system at large has spent the last two decades getting fatter and dumber than any of us even imagined.

How can you have so much capital and be so utterly, grossly, unprepared and uncoordinated.

Unless you believe, as I have, that certain conferences wanted to cancel the season from the jump.

Bailout money, amigo. Get paid and no chance of liability. I'm guessing some schools may make more money not playing than actually playing.

Advertisement
Back