BIG TEN DONE

And Kellen Winslow II was DESTROYED for calling himself a "soldier" in an interview...
At least he didn't say he was a No Limit Soldier. He would have made himself an immediate enemy of Barry Windham.

1597704943971.png

Advertisement
I get what these parents are doing but why aren’t they first pressuring their own universities? None of these school presidents who allegedly supported these moves has been forced to either publicly support the conference or state why they may now oppose the season delay. Only coaches, players and some AD’s have been publicly out there.

twitter blocked at work but Minnesota president Joan Gabel said nobody voted lol this is gona be fun

Let's think about this...

Is it POSSIBLE that some of the Big 10 presidents are claiming "there was never a vote" so that it will look better when they "change their minds"?

I'm sorry, but when you have 12 powerful university presidents in some sort of meeting (in-person, Zoom, doesn't matter), I can't imagine them allowing the meeting to be adjourned without the certainty of a formal vote.

WTF, 12 university presidents all just decided they were tired and hungry, so let's keep talking about whether to play spring football on tomorrow's Zoom call? Makes no sense at all, at least in the real world.

Is it POSSIBLE that some of the Big 10 presidents are claiming "there was never a vote" so that it will look better when they "change their minds"?

I'm sorry, but when you have 12 powerful university presidents in some sort of meeting (in-person, Zoom, doesn't matter), I can't imagine them allowing the meeting to be adjourned without the certainty of a formal vote.

WTF, 12 university presidents all just decided they were tired and hungry, so let's keep talking about whether to play spring football on tomorrow's Zoom call? Makes no sense at all, at least in the real world.
Not to mention letting the press run with that story for days. If someone takes an action I don't agree with and says I voted for it, you'd better believe I'm calling bull**** as soon as I hear it. Appearances be damned.

Advertisement
Not to mention letting the press run with that story for days. If someone takes an action I don't agree with and says I voted for it, you'd better believe I'm calling bull**** as soon as I hear it. Appearances be damned.

Right. I'm not taking any particular position, I honestly do believe that the university presidents are trying to do the right thing for the entire campus and the entire student body.

But this "we never took a vote" thing is BIZARRE. JD, I'm sure you've been in some high-level meetings, it's just insane to deal with such an important topic without reaching resolution, particularly when hundreds of millions of dollars are involved.

And does anyone notice how TWELVE PRESIDENTS don't ALL say "we didn't vote". It just seems like a couple of presidents are saying that, probably the ones who are going to "change" their votes (or at least the votes they say they didn't make).

The job of university president is a million-dollar salary job. They oversee thousands of employees. And we are supposed to believe that some rookie commissioner just went out and did his own thing, and that there won't be backlash?

I have to admit, I'm fascinated by this story. It's like I'm driving past a 20-car pile-up. The Pac 12 is just some body under a sheet, nothing to see, but the Big 10 is going to cause some people to projectile-vomit at the carnage.

Didn't you know? They had a "meeting of the minds". LMAO It sure does look like a set up for some kind of reversal or at the very least, denial of any culpability.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Translation: "Never officially took a vote" means "Oh, look, Chancellor R. Wellington Biffington, when we voted last week, we didn't say, 'Here ye...Here ye' at the beginning of the meeting so the vote doesn't officially count according to Bylaw 2.2.33."

Those jackoffs **** sure voted, but they must be looking for some technicality to back out of their vote due to all the backlash they're getting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back