Big HS football game tomorrow night: Heritage at Gibbons

Advertisement
I might go as well.

So how did Chatfield do and does it even matter?

Chatfield was dominant last night. I've always liked him and felt we should offer, so last night wasn't a surprise.

Cardinal Gibbons (Donnell Bennett) is putting together a heck of a program. Look for Gibbons to dominate next year.

Gibbons receiver Carlos Sandy (Illinois commit)had a great game.

It just seems like Chatfield is a gamer who performs. I don't understand how he doesn't have an offer based on his play. I think it'll be a big mistake letting this guy get away.

I might go as well.

Chatfield was dominant last night. I've always liked him and felt we should offer, so last night wasn't a surprise.

Cardinal Gibbons (Donnell Bennett) is putting together a heck of a program. Look for Gibbons to dominate next year.

Sandy's a Ballplayer. Kid made a helluva play and put himself on the very short list of dudes who got one over on Ty...

I might go as well.

It just seems like Chatfield is a gamer who performs. I don't understand how he doesn't have an offer based on his play. I think it'll be a big mistake letting this guy get away.

Exactly. Is he prototype size for DE? No, but he does meet the minimal size requirements and ALL he does is make big plays all game long. I believe at bare minimum he's gonna be another Toolbox. How's Trent working out for us this season???

Advertisement
I might go as well.

Exactly. Is he prototype size for DE? No, but he does meet the minimal size requirements and ALL he does is make big plays all game long. I believe at bare minimum he's gonna be another Toolbox. How's Trent working out for us this season???

Trent Harris is bigger & a much better athlete. Chatfield has no chance to play DE in a 4-3 defense. We don't want him. Ohio State dropped him after they couldn't use his commitment to get Nesta. There are plenty of small DEs who produce in HS but just can't from physical standpoint in college. And there is nothing wrong with that. Time to move on.

I walk in and the first person I see? Carl Lewis. Apparently there recruiting Schwartz for Univ. of Houston where he's a track coach.

Carl Lewis?

On the up and up, a friend of mine played sports at UH with Carl Lewis, and was CL's supplier (steroids)
says Carl Lewis was on so many **** steroids he's surprised he's not dead by now. he would help him shoot up on a regular basis.

Jelani Hamilton had a prototype body for a 4-3 DE. He sucked.

Marcus Robinson made a lot of plays for Miami while he was here. I'll take another Marcus Robinson.

You're not gonna fill your whole roster with NFL prototypes. That's unrealistic. I mean, you can sign nothing but prototype bodies, but there's no guarantee that all of them will actually be able to ball. (you're gonna have some Jelani Hamiltons in the bunch)

Looking for prototypes was one of Golden's recruiting weaknesses. I want gamers! I'm perfectly fine with taking some undersized guys if they've shown that they can ball. South FLA kids are a different breed. They're dogs. A lot of that prototype **** goes out the window when you're evaluating South Florida kids. If a kid can dominate in South Florida then he can likely excel in major D-1 football. That's been proven over and over again.

I think you have to make exceptions for some kids. (like a Trajan Bandy)
Chatfield may be one of those kids.

Marcus Robinson made a lot of plays for Miami while he was here. I'll take another Marcus Robinson.

You're not gonna fill your whole roster with NFL prototypes. That's unrealistic. I mean, you can sign nothing but prototype bodies, but there's no guarantee that all of them will actually be able to ball. (you're gonna have some Jelani Hamiltons in the bunch)

Looking for prototypes was one of Golden's recruiting weaknesses. I want gamers! I'm perfectly fine with taking some undersized guys if they've shown that they can ball. South FLA kids are a different breed. They're dogs. A lot of that prototype **** goes out the window when you're evaluating South Florida kids. If a kid can dominate in South Florida then he can likely excel in major D-1 football. That's been proven over and over again.

Exactly Marcus Robinson was good at rushing the passer on those randy shannon defenses. One thing about chatfield is that he always stands out when heritage plays period. Needs an offer

Advertisement

Elvis Dumervil comes to mind.

Elvis was a YUGE miss by UM. Does Chatfield have those arms that are long enough to box with God like Elvis? Not sure Chatfield is as fast as Elvis was either.

And for the guys waxing poetic on Marcus Robinson, that dude was doody.

Not so sure Kool is looking for a "prototype" as much as he's looking for guys who project to marquee P5 greatness. He's seen Chatfield and even worked him out, but he hasn't pulled the trigger yet. It can't be such a no-brainer if the best DL coach in the country hasn't pulled the trigger yet.

I might go as well.

Coach Dubuc doing a very good job at CGHS, happy to see that Morrell give the reigns over to him. And yes, good to see DB back home, hated when he went to NE. With MM being the AD(and not the coach) i expect CG to take a huge step forweard in term of HS athletics. To this day, I never understood how STA could be a power house and not Gibbons. Great school, great teachers, great location, and the best looking women I have seen on a hs campus.

I might be a little biased CO 99 graduate

Preach!!!! But not maybe, he is...

Advertisement

I camped at UM with Elvis....He was beating everybody then...Taurean Charles also was there and Nate Harris...man that camp was loaded.

But im probably the biggest advocate for Chatfield. Because i believe at worst he is a rotation guy...hes a s.fla kid..that has that IT...He goes all out and its probably his DREAM OFFER...those guys dont usually let down.

For example..Mike Smith has earned his scholly imo..hes a rotational guy at lb ..and special teams guy. Chat has more upside than Mike..and Kul is bringing in sick classes regardless...and undersized Pest rushing the passer would be GREAT IMO...

I'm all in on bringing in Chatfield and shirting him..

OFFER CHATFIELD and Bonnito as an OLB.

Elvis was a YUGE miss by UM. Does Chatfield have those arms that are long enough to box with God like Elvis? Not sure Chatfield is as fast as Elvis was either.

Not so sure Kool is looking for a "prototype" as much as he's looking for guys who project to marquee P5 greatness. He's seen Chatfield and even worked him out, but he hasn't pulled the trigger yet. It can't be such a no-brainer if the best DL coach in the country hasn't pulled the trigger yet.

Kool(Elvis not Coach) may have had a step or 2 on Drew, but Chise, Dumervil wasn't a blindingly fast straight line guy. Drew definitely has enough wingspan to offset not being 6'5" and the guy just produces. AH plays a top-notch schedule so it ain't like he's beastin on D3 guys.

I might go as well.

Sandy's a Ballplayer. Kid made a helluva play and put himself on the very short list of dudes who got one over on Ty...

Love Sandy. He's a receiver with speed, instead of a fast guy playing receiver.

Advertisement
I might go as well.

Love Sandy. He's a receiver with speed, instead of a fast guy playing receiver.

I agree D$. Undersized but straight-line fast, quick in & outta breaks and can climb the ladder. Cuz was in perfect position but he wouldn't be denied. He put a blemish on what woulda been yet another normally spectacular night for Ty. Kid's gonna do NUMBERS in the slow-*** Big 10...

I camped at UM with Elvis....He was beating everybody then...Taurean Charles also was there and Nate Harris...man that camp was loaded.

But im probably the biggest advocate for Chatfield. Because i believe at worst he is a rotation guy...hes a s.fla kid..that has that IT...He goes all out and its probably his DREAM OFFER...those guys dont usually let down.

For example..Mike Smith has earned his scholly imo..hes a rotational guy at lb ..and special teams guy. Chat has more upside than Mike..and Kul is bringing in sick classes regardless...and undersized Pest rushing the passer would be GREAT IMO...

I'm all in on bringing in Chatfield and shirting him..

OFFER CHATFIELD and Bonnito as an OLB.

Taurean Charles- year of the bull

**** thats a throw back video

Marcus Robinson was not doody. He was a nice situational pass rusher.

Marcus Robinson was not doody. He was a nice situational pass rusher.

Jelani was broke before he even got here. He had a bum knee and barely played his senior year. That's the only reason Golden ended up with him. M Smith and McCrae were sack monsters in HS on their dominant teams playing DE. They have not panned put at all because it simply takes a different kind of player. Chatfield seems the same way. At DE, at the college level, he will get eaten up by big tackles. Bonitto being a little taller is a more interesting prospect to me... the real question is whether he can get up to 240 or so. I think he can.

Advertisement
Back