Big ACC Week Coming Up

Advertisement
My point is, ND is not a legit number 2 team. They’re not a legit top 4 team. No legit top 4 team would ever be at risk of losing to UNC. I’m not a gambler, but that’s what that line is telling me
Name four other teams that are head and shoulders better than ND.

Last edited:
It would be interesting, but I think we would have a legit claim.
If we win out and ND loses, then the tie breaker would come down to CFP ranking. Would ND drop behind us?

We need to start winning in dominating fashion to get the style points that may come into play down the road.

If we win out and ND loses, then the tie breaker would come down to CFP ranking. Would ND drop behind us?

We need to start winning in dominating fashion to get the style points that may come into play down the road.
Why does this keep coming up as a question?

if there is a 3-way tie ... we lose out on the tie-breaker and it’s Clemson and those Irish ***kers. Someone prove me wrong... cause I definitely wish I were!

we need clempson to lose again or the lucky ***cks to lose 2... and win out. Pretty, pretty... pretty sure

I think that’s one of the last tie breakers, but you bring up a good point.

Advertisement
Why does this keep coming up as a question?

if there is a 3-way tie ... we lose out on the tie-breaker and it’s Clemson and those Irish ***kers. Someone prove me wrong... cause I definitely wish I were!

we need clempson to lose again or the lucky ***cks to lose 2... and win out. Pretty, pretty... pretty sure
Keep Clemson out of it. If Notre Dame loses to UNC and we beat them, then we have a strong argument.

It might come down to point differential vs. common opponents. We have an advantage in our games vs. FSU and UL, but they did a lot better vs. Pitt and Clemson.

Name four other teams that are head shoulders over ND.

These teams beat them easily:

Clemson (if they play again)
OSU
Bammer
Wisconsin
TAMU
Another team I refuse to name

These teams would have a better than 50/50 chance of beating them:

Indiana
Northwestern
Cincinatti
Georgia
Oklahoma
Oregon

They are a top ten team is the best I could say about them. But barely.

Not shocked about the line because I feel UNC and ND are pretty evenly matched. I do agree that the Canes should be right back in it if UNC beats ND, and the Canes win out.
To bad lame doesn't throw the ball!..👀, cuz carolina is down like 3 or 4 corners! I smell a shootout.

Advertisement

Clemson (if they play again)
OSU
Bammer
Wisconsin
TAMU
Another team I refuse to name

Indiana
Northwestern
Cincinatti
Georgia
Oklahoma
Oregon

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

Clemson (if they play again) yea
OSU yea
Bammer yea
Wisconsin nope
TAMU nope
Another team I refuse to name maybe, Trask can heat up.

Indiana nope
Northwestern nope
Cincinatti nope
Georgia yea
Oklahoma yea
Oregon yea

Friday at 3:30 — Notre Lame (-3.5) @ UNC

Saturday at 3:30 — Pitt @ Clemson (-26.5)

Really shocked by that ND-UNC line. One could argue that if UNC beats Notre Lame and then we beat UNC.....that we would be back in the conference championship race.
ND will have beaten the highest ranked head to head opponent in Clemson as per the 2020 ACC rules. We would need them to lose twice.

I dunno, the #2 team in the nation being only a 3.5 fave to a team with one of the worst defenses in college football, and one which some would say is not close to being a top 25 team, is surprising.

Now, I’m not a gambler, so maybe there are some intricacies to this that I’m not aware of, but 3.5? I don’t know, maybe the people that set the line themselves realize that Notre Dame is an illusion, like most of us do.
I think Vegas has zero faith in ND playing on the road late in the season given their history under Kelly and how explosive NCs offense is

Advertisement
Advertisement
This line tells you what everybody with a pulse could tell you, there's 3 legit title contenders this year (Bama, Clemson and OSU,), then 5-10 teams that could beat each other any given saturday and then there's 15-20 more that are not that far from that tier

There aren't 4 other teams head and shoulders better than ND. Likewise, ND isn't head and shoulders better than 4 teams in the top 15.
I agree. They not a tier 1 team but they're getting close to it. Honestly, it's three teams and everybody else. ND is just leading the everybody else category.

I agree. They not a tier 1 team but they're getting close to it. Honestly, it's three teams and everybody else. ND is just leading the everybody else category.
This year they're doing pretty well. They're a sound team, and Clark Lea is a very good DC. Book isn't the best QB, but he's huge for them this year. He's made key plays all year with his arm and legs.

This year they're doing pretty well. They're a sound team, and Clark Lea is a very good DC. Book isn't the best QB, but he's huge for them this year. He's made key plays all year with his arm and legs.
Book is elite at being shifty in the pocket. It allows his WRs to get open even when the coverage is solid.

Advertisement
Back