Big ACC Week Coming Up

Advertisement
Friday at 3:30 — Notre Lame (-3.5) @ UNC

Saturday at 3:30 — Pitt @ Clemson (-26.5)

Really shocked by that ND-UNC line. One could argue that if UNC beats Notre Lame and then we beat UNC.....that we would be back in the conference championship race.
Not shocked about the line because I feel UNC and ND are pretty evenly matched. I do agree that the Canes should be right back in it if UNC beats ND, and the Canes win out.

I dunno, the #2 team in the nation being only a 3.5 fave to a team with one of the worst defenses in college football, and one which some would say is not close to being a top 25 team, is surprising.

Now, I’m not a gambler, so maybe there are some intricacies to this that I’m not aware of, but 3.5? I don’t know, maybe the people that set the line themselves realize that Notre Dame is an illusion, like most of us do.

I dunno, the #2 team in the nation being only a 3.5 fave to a team with one of the worst defenses in college football, and one which some would say is not close to being a top 25 team, is surprising.

Now, I’m not a gambler, so maybe there are some intricacies to this that I’m not aware of, but 3.5? I don’t know, maybe the people that set the line themselves realize that Notre Dame is an illusion, like most of us do.
Normally home-field advantage adds a few points, so on a neutral field, this would be ND -5.5/6.

I think we'll see this spread push to the aforementioned line (around ND -5 or so) when it closes come gametime.

Advertisement
Normally home-field advantage adds a few points, so on a neutral field, this would be ND -5.5/6.

I think we'll see this spread push to the aforementioned line (around ND -5 or so) when it closes come gametime.

OK then riddle me this. It’s the number two team in the nation. Taking in to consideration what you just wrote, would you expect them to be more than a five point favorite?

Vegas is right more than they are wrong. This line should have everyone’s attention. It’s almost as crazy as us being underdogs to VT two weeks ago.

I have a gut feeling UNC is going to play their best game of the season. If ND comes out sluggish, like they did in their games against Louisville and Duke, then they are going to be in for a dog fight. ND thinks they are hot **** after beating a depleted Clemson team at home. Their arrogance and complacency could leave them vulnerable.

UNC's offense should keep them in the game at least. Same with Pitt's Defense.

I think UNC can win.
Pitt has a chance since Lawrence has not played in such a long time and may get hit a bunch of times being rusty with his timing off; but more than likely will wake up in time to prevail.

Advertisement

I think UNC can win.
Pitt has a chance since Lawrence has not played in such a long time and may get hit a bunch of times being rusty with his timing off; but more than likely will wake up in time to prevail.
UNC can definitely win. Pitt is a stretch. But if BC kept it close, then Pitt could as well.

Maybe some people are going to come here to argue about the massive power of the game being at North Carolina.

The reality is that I don't think anyone really knows what any of these teams can accomplish on any given day. Let's not forget that UNC lost to FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY.

Friday at 3:30 — Notre Lame (-3.5) @ UNC

Saturday at 3:30 — Pitt @ Clemson (-26.5)

Really shocked by that ND-UNC line. One could argue that if UNC beats Notre Lame and then we beat UNC.....that we would be back in the conference championship race.
If UNC beats Notre Dame and we beat UNC, there's something in the tie breaker that's counts record against like opponents.

So we should definitely be there...

Advertisement
Maybe some people are going to come here to argue about the massive power of the game being at North Carolina.

The reality is that I don't think anyone really knows what any of these teams can accomplish on any given day. Let's not forget that UNC lost to FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY.
This is true.

But reality also is (as stated earlier in the thread) ND did not look impressive against Duke or Louisville.
So there is still a seed of doubt they will run the table during the regular season based on that reality.

I think UNC can win.

Attachments

• D1B8EE52-F677-4D25-B368-05F79155AE1E.jpeg
    D1B8EE52-F677-4D25-B368-05F79155AE1E.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 2
Any team with an offense like UNC's has a good chance in any game. UNC isn't an average team, but they're a dangerous team because they have 2 great RBs, a great QB, and a bunch of really good receivers. I've seen nothing from ND that makes me think they're a typical #2 team. ND is solid in every facet, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if UNC beats them.

Advertisement
Best bet in this game will be the overs .Don’t know what it is but anything under 75 will be a great bet...

OK then riddle me this. It’s the number two team in the nation. Taking in to consideration what you just wrote, would you expect them to be more than a five point favorite?
Yes, to be completely honest. We know UNC's offense is electric, but this line implies they can go toe-to-toe given their defensive struggles, which without some turnovers, I don't see UNC stopping ND enough. Was thinking the line would be in the range of -7 or -7.5.

I think UNC can win.

UNC can definitely win this. They took Clemson to the wire last year at Clemson. Their offense is legit. It could end up a high scoring game.

Advertisement
Back