Bicho Ponders...

Bicho

Sophomore
Banned
Are we still in it for any blue chip recruits?

Dixon is gone.
Cook seems gone.
Everyone seems to think Rudolph is gone.

JC Jackson seems to have a decent chance of coming here.

who else is out there?

Advertisement
ITU reported today that 4 star juco DT McDowell from Nassau College in NY said he is still open to Miami and wants to visit

It's 'Crootin season.

Names will fade and new names will emerge.

There will be blue chippers visiting in January whose names aren't even on the radar currently. Happens all the time. Expect the unexpected and enjoy the ride.

With our class filling up so quickly we should expect to see some shuffling.

Consider that there could have been some guys out there waiting to see what was happening with the NCAA. Golden has shown that he can scramble and we saw what he did post-signing day last year (which would be incredible if Griffin qualifies)

I think people are assuming JC is going to flip because of Pete but I wouldn't be shocked if its some out-of-nowhere recruit. I know we are used to the Dalvin Cooks, the Ermon Lanes.....the guys who will say anything to anyone. But there are just as many guys out there that keep it close to the vest and don't like the attention.

With the NCAA mess over with, I expect Golden to shock us at least once, and not with a local guy.

Advertisement
If they are not standing on the sidelines then they will be watching us in the 'ship next year on TV...

Bicho looked at the rivals 250 today and I don't think there is 1 player on we still have a realistic shot at besides Jackson.

As for the blue chippers that are left, yes.

We have a shot with JC and Lane.

Even if we whiff, we still got a coue blue chippers in the class.

Bicho looked at the rivals 250 today and I don't think there is 1 player on we still have a realistic shot at besides Jackson.

Bicho is right for the most part. The Brow still thinks we have a shot at Lane.

Advertisement
As I said in another thread - give me defensive talent. Are Lane, Dixon and Rudolph transcendent (aka Coley) talents? If not then there's no need to fret over them.

If everyone sticks, Golden has done an excellent job with this class. We're bringing in studs along the O-line, two very good RBs and (hopefully) a good QB prospect. We've brought in three good WR prospects. We're bolstering our **** poor defence with talent on all three levels.

We still desperately need more though. ESPECIALLY if Dorito is still in charge - the only way that guy is successful is if we out talent the O.

It's going to be an interesting ride, but I hope Golden has a few kids lined up for January/Feb. Jackson included.

Why does everybody assume the whole class sticks? We are out of it for our top prospects and other schools will be coming at our commits hard. We need to keep this class and make sure its still top 5 on signing day.

Why does everybody assume the whole class sticks? We are out of it for our top prospects and other schools will be coming at our commits hard. We need to keep this class and make sure its still top 5 on signing day.

Without adding a few more blue chippers it won't be top 5. Other schools are going to keep adding commits. As of now with no more commits this class probably finishes around #10

Advertisement

Look at this Al Golden class on aug 1 and then rate it. If we finished with what we have it would be incredible. I'd suspect it will get even better.

Without adding a few more blue chippers it won't be top 5. Other schools are going to keep adding commits. As of now with no more commits this class probably finishes around #10

Which is pretty impressive with the NCAA **** we've had to deal with while these kids were recruited these last 2 years.

We are still in it for cook and Jackson. Cook might go to fsu. Maybe he wants to be a feature back and not be behind yearby anymore. Who knows.

Advertisement
If they are not standing on the sidelines then they will be watching us in the 'ship next year on TV...
Glad to see someone with realistic expectations, I mean clearly a national title is in the cards for next year.

Glad to see someone with realistic expectations, I mean clearly a national title is in the cards for next year.

Auburn wants to have a word with you about judging too fast. For that matter so does FSU the perennial 3 loss national champion. Clearly being positive about something is in the cards for CIS.

Advertisement
Back