Better off season 2019 vs 2020

Don’t let what happen with last years off season additions cloud your judgement. But on paper, which off season looked better. Again, don't worry about how players and coaches turned out. Just how it looked when the announcements were made.

Entire new offensive coaching staff
OC that was supposed to be the new OC at Bama
QB from Ohio St. never lost a game in HS - five star - HS player of the year
Very productive WR from Buffalo
Major upgrade in S&C
Brought Jeff Thomas back
OL transfer from Butler (much needed LT)
DT transfer from UCLA
Top DE transfer from VT (projected as best DE in the ACC by some)
Transfer RB from Auburn
Top player in 2018 class transfers in (DE Phillips)

New spread OC
New OL coach - HC and OC experience
New WR coach - OC experience
Very productive group of 5 QB transfer
AAC defensive player of the year DE
Support staff of Lockette & Hyppolite
Ed Reed hired as COS
Transfer K

Granted this off season is not over so we could see additional move. Just comparing our back-to-back off season titles.

Also, yes I am bored.
if u want to really compare its easier to do this
2020 lashlee > 2019 enos by alot
2020 D'eriq king> Tate martell, 50 tds in 2018 season 12 tds in 4 games in 19 vs martell potential
2020 Oline coach justices > barry. justice is well regarded in coaching circles and put guys on all conference at both unlv/fau barry not as good
2020 wr coach Likens > stubbs. I like stubbs but likens is about to have another wr go in 1st 2 rounds in back to back years also 2nd pos coach was oc prior with justice
2020 roche> hill
the ot from butler got beat out by true freshman and never played.
2020 was just far greater off season the coaches competent the qb recruit has proven himself on field unlike tate.

Advertisement
I’d have to say last year. With all the hype (even though it didn’t pan out) with Manny crashing FSUs coaching clinic and showing up on a yacht. Man, imagine if we had won 10 games last year. We would be on top of the CFB world after last years offseason

This year 2020!
We got Bad Manure last year and biggest fraud Enos in 2019.

This year we got a QB!!! A proven OC! Ed Reed!, a proven OL coach, a SFL proven recruiter and hopefully a better version of Manny.

2020 hands down

Justice was a group of 5 OL coach until 2019. It wasn't until 2019 that he was promoted to being an OC.

And if I'm not mistaken UNLV did a Gerry Faust and hired a head coach from high school. That high school coach was the only FBS coach willing to give Justice a job.

Advertisement
Justice was a group of 5 OL coach until 2019. It wasn't until 2019 that he was promoted to being an OC.

And if I'm not mistaken UNLV did a Gerry Faust and hired a head coach from high school. That high school coach was the only FBS coach willing to give Justice a job.
Wasn’t aware Arizona was a Group of 5 school.

2019 was the sizzle, 2020 is the steak

But on the real, the changes this year seem more sustainable. And some of the 2019 guys will still be here to benefit 2020 (Phillips, Bolden).

I hope we bring in talent like this every year, no matter what our situation is. With attrition from transfers and injuries always being issues, we should never turn away talent

2020 easy. Either we win in 2020 with these changes or we get a new head coach at the end of the 2020 season.

Don’t let what happen with last years off season additions cloud your judgement. But on paper, which off season looked better. Again, don't worry about how players and coaches turned out. Just how it looked when the announcements were made.

Entire new offensive coaching staff
OC that was supposed to be the new OC at Bama
QB from Ohio St. never lost a game in HS - five star - HS player of the year
Very productive WR from Buffalo
Major upgrade in S&C
Brought Jeff Thomas back
OL transfer from Butler (much needed LT)
DT transfer from UCLA
Top DE transfer from VT (projected as best DE in the ACC by some)
Transfer RB from Auburn
Top player in 2018 class transfers in (DE Phillips)

New spread OC
New OL coach - HC and OC experience
New WR coach - OC experience
Very productive group of 5 QB transfer
AAC defensive player of the year DE
Support staff of Lockette & Hyppolite
Ed Reed hired as COS
Transfer K

Granted this off season is not over so we could see additional move. Just comparing our back-to-back off season titles.

Also, yes I am bored.
Still just smoke. If it was a Papal election there would be either white or dark smoke but the no way to tell here. Since it is off season and Super is over, we could discuss which color smoke means a new Pope and how that make the color different. But that would be for the very truly bored.

Advertisement
if u want to really compare its easier to do this
2020 lashlee > 2019 enos by alot
2020 D'eriq king> Tate martell, 50 tds in 2018 season 12 tds in 4 games in 19 vs martell potential
2020 Oline coach justices > barry. justice is well regarded in coaching circles and put guys on all conference at both unlv/fau barry not as good
2020 wr coach Likens > stubbs. I like stubbs but likens is about to have another wr go in 1st 2 rounds in back to back years also 2nd pos coach was oc prior with justice
2020 roche> hill
the ot from butler got beat out by true freshman and never played.
2020 was just far greater off season the coaches competent the qb recruit has proven himself on field unlike tate.

Everything in this post is speculation until January 1st next year. King could be a turnover machine, Likens could have stopped caring, Lashlee could bomb on his own, Roche could be the next Tommy Kennedy.

Wont know till the season plays out. Just fun to compare the hype.

That's only because it was impossible for this year's recruiting class not to be better than last year's.
178F5E88-FF3E-4D55-B43C-9C143A158925.gif

This offensive staff looks better to me. Was never sold on last years staff as a whole. Defense remains to be seen
Not as bad as some here proclaim or as great as others proclaim. Hopefully with better offense defense will be inspired to be better also. Ed Reed was just icing on the cake this off season

Advertisement
Everything in this post is speculation until January 1st next year. King could be a turnover machine, Likens could have stopped caring, Lashlee could bomb on his own, Roche could be the next Tommy Kennedy.

Wont know till the season plays out. Just fun to compare the hype.
he hasn't been. a turnover machine. and lashlee has a history of improving the offense at every stop. UConn went from 14. something pts to 23. something. his offenses end up 30 pts area or above almost every year. exception 17 with UConn who gained 9 pts a game and 15 with auburn. they have proven track records. the odds king turns it over a lot is slim to none. since he doesn't have a history of that. the jump from Houston to power 5 isn't as big as people make it out. and u have to understand sure Houston playing teams with lesser talent but they also have lesser talent then power 5 teams.

Advertisement
Back