Better off season 2019 vs 2020

Miami04

Senior
Don’t let what happen with last years off season additions cloud your judgement. But on paper, which off season looked better. Again, don't worry about how players and coaches turned out. Just how it looked when the announcements were made.

Entire new offensive coaching staff
OC that was supposed to be the new OC at Bama
QB from Ohio St. never lost a game in HS - five star - HS player of the year
Very productive WR from Buffalo
Major upgrade in S&C
Brought Jeff Thomas back
OL transfer from Butler (much needed LT)
DT transfer from UCLA
Top DE transfer from VT (projected as best DE in the ACC by some)
Transfer RB from Auburn
Top player in 2018 class transfers in (DE Phillips)

New spread OC
New OL coach - HC and OC experience
New WR coach - OC experience
Very productive group of 5 QB transfer
AAC defensive player of the year DE
Support staff of Lockette & Hyppolite
Ed Reed hired as COS
Transfer K

Granted this off season is not over so we could see additional move. Just comparing our back-to-back off season titles.

Also, yes I am bored.

Advertisement
You're forgetting Hedley as well in 2019, but I give 2020 the edge because I feel it's quality over quantity relative to 2019. Take QB, for instance. Tate was all hype, no one knew for sure how he'd turn out. King? Very different, we know he's legit.

Who knows how it plays out but I feel better about quick changes being made after some failed experiments than about the possibilities of last o

Advertisement
giphy.gif

"very productive group of 5 transfer" sounds way last exciting then how you worded Tate's transfer. But Tate wasn't near as exciting as King. I don't know if you meant for it to sound slanted but thats how it seems

Advertisement
Don't forget the recruiting class this off season is much better on paper than last year.

I expect both RBs to contribute pronto and maybe even a couple WRs in this new offense.

Advertisement
Don't forget the recruiting class this off season is much better on paper than last year.

I expect both RBs to contribute pronto and maybe even a couple WRs in this new offense.
I have a feeling the Chaney an Knighton combo are gonna be deadly! I think Knighton has a impact faster tho being the more speed back an he ran this offence in HS but there Soph year there gonna rush for a 1000 each that's my hot take with those 2 :) go Canes

Advertisement
Exactly why i say this means jack sh*t unless we win games

This. Exactly this.

All the nice publicity and moves seemingly are good. Manny in ‘self preservation’ mode...since he’s still here, the only thing that can keep him here is by winning games.

Just win games. That’s it. Nothing else matters.

Probably this season. Last year we were speculating that everyone we brought in was going to be great without them really proving it before hand. This off-season all the people we have brought in have proven success at a high level so we don't have to speculate.

Advertisement
Back