better for FSU to win, or clemson?

spacenegroes

Redshirt Freshman
ignoring personal satisfaction, purely calculating benefits for miami:

if FSU wins:

+ miami/FSU gets more hype; beating FSU nov 2 would be a bigger deal
+ FSU is on our schedule for sure; their success gives us a stronger SOS, whereas we may not play clemson at all
+ if you think it'd be easier playing FSU in the ACCCG

if clemson wins:

+ would probably mean clemson is in the ACCCG, and beating both looks better than beating one twice for pollsters
+ clemson, if undefeated, would be higher ranked in the ACCCG than FSU, or FSU on nov 2
+ any team gets recruiting capital from a win; FSU losing denies them that
+ if you think it'd be easier playing clemson in the ACCCG

tough to say.

Advertisement
Recruiting + potentially beating both Clemson and FSU has me rooting on Clemson.

And also, **** FSU.

i was contemplating this yesterday i think i would rather have clemson win, i'd rather have to play them than play FSU twice unless of course miami were to lose to fsu i would love a rematch with them just because its hard to beat a good team let alone a rival twice in a season

Advertisement
Depends on what we're going to do @ FSU. If we end up winning that game, then it's better for Clemson to win. Don't want to face FSU twice and have them win the second time nullifying our previous victory. If we are going to lose @ FSU, then I'd rather FSU win this game so we can rematch them in the acc champ game.

Not knowing what is going to happen in our game....I'm rooting for Clemson. Probably best to just keep FSU out of the ACC championship game altogether.

Beating a one-loss FSU in the regular season is still a big win.

Beating an undefeated Clemson in the ACCCG is a bigger win.

**** FSU! I want them to lose and then Miami spank them and beat an undefeated Clemson in the ACC championship game. Clemson is ranked higher anyway.

Advertisement
I do know one thing for sure. At the end of this game there will only be two undefeated teams in the ACC left.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE beating FSU twice in one year. You don't get the opportunity to play your #1 rival twice in the same year very often.

And to beat them once IN THEIR HOUSE, and then again IN THE ACC CHAMP???? My goodness......I'm fapping just at the thought of it.

Really want them to beat Clemson so this can come true. I'd be beyond happy getting to whoop their asses twice.

Resume looks much better with beating a 1 loss FSU team and an undefeated Clemson (along with a 1 loss VT in there).

Plus, that scenario keeps FSU and VT out of a BCS at large spot, which is ideal for us.

Advertisement
Want Clemson to win. BUT only if they are going to beat USCe and be undefeated at the end of the regular season.

I want Clemson to win:

1. Can't root for FSU...EVER (maybe against UF)
2. I don't want to beat the same team twice in one season
3. #see 1

Advertisement
If FSU loses, I'm ecstatic.

If FSU wins, and we handle our business, we will be a feature team on Gameday for a showdown between Miami and FSU with both teams being undefeated and in the top 10 for the first time since...?

If FSU loses, I'm ecstatic.

If FSU wins, and we handle our business, we will be a feature team on Gameday for a showdown between Miami and FSU with both teams being undefeated and in the top 10 for the first time since...?

2004. Miami was ranked 5th and Fsu was ranked 4th

Advertisement
Back