Better Coach - Kirby or Richt

Who is a better coach?

• Total voters
They've both done the same thing. Won the SEC in year 2 and lost the SEC in year 3. Or are we giving credit for Kirby losing in the NC?
Kirby should get credit for losing in the NC game considering it was just his second season as a head coach. No different than wanting to put Richt in the UM ring of honor for beating Notre Dame lol

Advertisement
Kirby should get credit for losing in the NC game considering it was just his second season as a head coach. No different than wanting to put Richt in the UM ring of honor for beating Notre Dame lol

So we giving credit to Richt for barely losing to Bama in 2012?

CMR is a good dude. Means well. Really cares.

But ... His best days are long gone.

The days of rolling the ball out are gone. That was the FSU model, and it’s why they could beat everyone but Miami.

You have to coach to win big.
So we giving credit to Richt for barely losing to Bama in 2012?

We can. And we’d have to give the same credit to Smart for this season.

I could also argue UGA would have played for the national title in Kirby’s 2nd year under the old BCS system, and probably beats Clemson in that game. Same as Richt’s UGA probably beats Notre Dame in 2012.

The days of rolling the ball out are gone. That was the FSU model, and it’s why they could beat everyone but Miami.

I could also argue UGA would have played for the national title in Kirby’s 2nd year under the old BCS system, and probably beats Clemson in that game. Same as Richt’s UGA probably beats Notre Dame in 2012.

I'm not buying stock in almost. Richt is where he is today because he "almost" had a championship team at UGA. Winning the SEC wasnt enough, and being second fiddle to Saban year in and year out along to losing to UF is why Richt ran out of time at UGA. Kirby Smart is beating UF right now that's the difference. Ain't none of my business that Auburn saved Kirby from losing to Bama in the SEC championship last year anyways.

Advertisement
Mullen isn't fair either. It should be Richt or Butch Jones.
giphy.gif

You would have a point IF both of them were in year 1. Richt had 3 years to build up a program.

Come on man, you better than that, it hasnt even been a full 3yrs yet, think about it, he only has 2 True recruiting classes in, the 1st class(16)was a salvage class, in his 2nd year, we were ranked as high as #2 if i recall correctly, had the college football world a lil nervous, and got alot of Miami fans over excited and with unrealistic expectations going into year 3. Im sure you have studied this roster, no way last year were we ever q legitimate #2 team in the nation with the roster we had, the defense was a legitimate top 25 defense, and the pass defense was on point but who in here really thought by the end of the year this team had #2 type of talent all around. So we go into this year with basically a revamped offense that wasnt really that good last year, but this time a legitimate top 3 defense, if not the best defense, and its not hard to make the case that it was based on our non-punting unit and pedestrian offense.

This team is in rebuild mode, no matter what the record was last year or this year, and coach richt is leading that charge, he knows talent and is as competitive as any coach out their, he's just realistic and knows the talent on offense is not where it should be, but we're getting their. This next season is when you will have a better idea of the type of teams coach richt will have at UM. We finally are back to having a plethora of guys on this roster that have the potential to become elite players at the same time. This off season is finally going to be the True transition to a coach richt team. The qb that'll be starting will be one he recruited. So trying to judge and nitpick coach richt in the first almost 3yrs is kind of asanine.

There is not doubt his best days are long behind him. He did field some pretty **** good teams at UGA along the way. But he was fired for a reason, actually reasons, and Miami should have never picked him up. These types of hires don't typically go well. He would have had to been almost perfect this year to really gain momentum for recruiting. He has failed miserably this year.

I don't know if I would include "means well" in my description of him. I think he is actually more along the lines of stubborn and selfish. He came into this job attempting to prove UGA wrong as it relates to his firing. He needed to prove that his way was still equitable in college football. He has also failed in that aspect.

If he really means well, then he will make some major changes in how he conducts business. The first of which is an honest assessment of himself.

Advertisement
How many f'ucking threads are we going to have about Richt and his staff, sucking? What the f'uck is happening on this board? I get it! Richt sucks; his staff sucks! These points have been discussed and debated ad nauseam.

CIS is not perfect by any means. However, it is the best thing running for Canes info, and has been for quite some time. I beg of you, quit contaminating the board with seperate threads that are discussing the same topic, which is,.....Richt Sucks (I agree)!

No, I am not the thread police, nor do I care to be. However, I would love to come home from a good/hard day of work and come to this site to find valuable info, without having to sift through a bunch of the same redundant ****, which is more than likely, ****, that is being spewed by grown men who....
1. Has a wife/girlfriend, but can't get ***** (she's f'ucking another guy)
2. Unsure about his sexuality, which is why his wife/girlfriend is f'ucking another guy.
3. Needs his mother to tell him that everything is going to be okay, becuase his wife/girlfriend is f'ucking another guy.
4. ..is not a grown man, but is a little *****, who has weekly "get together's" at the mall or some random skating parks to discuss Richt sucking, because he heard his father talk about it amongst his work buddies. Clearly his father has nothing else to do, due to the lack of ***** that he was receiving at home, because his wife/girlfriend is f'ucking another guy.

I am all for dialogue that is of substance. Being in your feelings, because your ***** has not been licked in a while, is another matter.

Get *****, or go get your ***** licked!

Advertisement
Has KrazyCane posted about his dad yet in this thread......he shall make an appearance and defend MR to the death.

How many f'ucking threads are we going to have about Richt and his staff, sucking? What the f'uck is happening on this board? I get it! Richt sucks; his staff sucks! These points have been discussed and debated ad nauseam.

CIS is not perfect by any means. However, it is the best thing running for Canes info, and has been for quite some time. I beg of you, quit contaminating the board with seperate threads that are discussing the same topic, which is,.....Richt Sucks (I agree)!

No, I am not the thread police, nor do I care to be. However, I would love to come home from a good/hard day of work and come to this site to find valuable info, without having to sift through a bunch of the same redundant ****, which is more than likely, ****, that is being spewed by grown men who....
2. Unsure about his sexuality, which is why his wife/girlfriend is f'ucking another guy.
3. Needs his mother to tell him that everything is going to be okay, becuase his wife/girlfriend is f'ucking another guy.
4. ..is not a grown man, but is a little *****, who has weekly "get together's" at the mall or some random skating parks to discuss Richt sucking, because he heard his father talk about it amongst his work buddies. Clearly his father has nothing else to do, due to the lack of ***** that he was receiving at home, because his wife/girlfriend is f'ucking another guy.

I am all for dialogue that is of substance. Being in your feelings, because your ***** has not been licked in a while, is another matter.

Judging by some of the people who post here, they need to get their ***** fxcked.

Advertisement
Real Question should be who’s the better coach:

Richt or Danny O’Shea (Little Giants)

Wait: Danny’s Little Giants beat the well coached, and heavily favored Little Cowboys...w/ a cheerleader!

Never mind; money on Danny.

Say what you want about Danny O'Shea, but he made elite adjustments.

Lol

Advertisement
Back