Better Call Saul

I don’t even remember that. Did you look it up. Or see that episode recently? ****

When the new show started, there was an article that mentioned how "Ignacio" might be a connection to the Breaking Bad reference. But I also have BB on Blu Ray, and I just recently watched the whole series again when AMC ran a marathon.

Of course, when BCS began, you had an Ignacio character, but no Lalo character (yet).

There's been a ton of intentional connections made between the shows, but they can slip right past if you are not looking for them.

For instance, BCS recently referenced a case that Kim Wexler had where she represented a kid whose parents kicked him out of the house for having a joint. Jesse Pinkman? Maybe.

Advertisement
Season 4 episode 4 the judge is sitting in his chambers and he has All About The U coffee cup on his desk. It’s around the 11:00 minute mark. Bored as **** binge watching this on Netflix and it’s actually a pretty good show.
I've never watched the show and do not have Netflix but Cane references always move my compass. I might check it out.

In the Breaking Bad episode when Saul was first introduced ("Better Call Saul"), Walt and Jesse kidnap Saul and put a bag over his head, in order to convince him to take Badger's case. When Saul can't tell who Walt/Jesse are, he first blames "Ignacio" (Nacho) for some unknown crime, and then he mentions Lalo.

Fantastic job by Vince Gilligan and co to completely flesh out two great characters from what was essentially a throwaway line in BB. The BB/BCS universe he created is just amazing tv. I'm excited and nervous to see how they end Kim and Nachos stories.

For instance, BCS recently referenced a case that Kim Wexler had where she represented a kid whose parents kicked him out of the house for having a joint. Jesse Pinkman? Maybe.

Holy shlt!

That is one **** of an Easter egg that flew past my head when it happened , because I don’t even remember it.

As you can tell, I have really grown fond of BCS, the characterizations I think are outstanding.

Holy shlt!

That is one **** of an Easter egg that flew past my head when it happened , because I don’t even remember it.

As you can tell, I have really grown fond of BCS, the characterizations I think are outstanding.

Just happened in one of the most recent episodes (Bagman) when Saul was comparing the task of picking up the bail money to some of the crappy cases that Kim has had in the past.

Also, the "Mesa Verde" name...in the first episode of BB, that is the name of Walt's credit union, when he withdraws the money to pay for the RV. Now, in BCS, Mesa Verde is a regular bank, not a credit union, but some people wonder if MV Bank and MV Credit Union are the same institution.

--that time in BB when Saul told Walt that he once convinced a woman he was Kevin Costner - happened in Season 1 of BCS

--when Saul first met Walt/Jesse, he said he had bad knees, which he got from his "Slippin Jimmy" antics in BCS

--in BCS, Saul tries to get clients from Casa Tranquila, which is the nursing home that Hector blows up in BB in order to kill Gus

--in BCS, Saul/Kim have Zafiro Anejo tequila with Ken Wins, and that's the tequila that Gus poisons in BB (also, note that Don Eladio drinks with Nacho in a similar way to what happened when Gus poisoned him)

--Kim's favorite movie is Ice Station Zebra, and Saul's holding company in BB is Ice Station Zebra Associates

--In BCS, Krazy-8 drives a Tampico Furniture van, which is where Walt bought Walt Jr.'s baby crib

I knew about several of those when they first happened (the names of companies/tequila/nursing home), and a few I found by looking them up.

Advertisement
Is it me or is breaking bad season 5 kind of bland and lame? Struggling to finish it honestly

Last edited:
Is it me or is breaking season 5 kind of bland and lame? Struggling to finish it honestly

D021DC79-5E1C-43CD-AED5-3148A1AE569F.gif

Love the show. Breaking Bad was wonderful. I’m really glad this thread popped up. Thank you EVERYONE who recommended this series. Entertaining for sure

Advertisement
Back