Bethune-Cookman TV/Online Options

Advertisement
It's listed as being on Fox Sports Net Affiliates, so it will be on TV. It just depends whether the Fox Sports wherever you are picks it up. If there's a Georgia Tech game on at the same time, I usually get the GT game because of where I am.

GT plays Tenn opening week in one of the Chik-fi-a games so it shouldn't interfere

Good point, but sometimes they show UNC or VT over Miami. Not sure who they are playing, and when.

painkiller11.jpg

Advertisement
I'll be out of town too. Not sure I'm going to watch if it means doing anything elaborate.

Will record and watch when I get back home.
First home game I miss for non-health reasons in like 15 years. I'm in a bad place. Tried everything humanly possible to delay my flight till after the game. Need this to be online (so long as plane has working wifi).

Good luck with that, tried to stream a Champions League game on a Delta flight a few years back, wouldn't work for me.
Thanks for the heads up.

I just traveled with american and their wifi wasnt good enough to stream netflix. Hopefully you have better luck with your airline. On the bright side, you already know its going to be a win so you can watch it later.

I'll be out of town too. Not sure I'm going to watch if it means doing anything elaborate.

Bruh, if it's on ESPN3, you'll be able to pull up a replay on WatchESPN. No recording required, unless you're hoping to break down film.

Advertisement

First home game I miss for non-health reasons in like 15 years. I'm in a bad place. Tried everything humanly possible to delay my flight till after the game. Need this to be online (so long as plane has working wifi).

You can't steam live tv or Netflix type apps on planes. Sorry to bring the bad news.

You can't steam live tv or Netflix type apps on planes. Sorry to bring the bad news.
Did not know. Sucks for me.

I use wifi mostly for business on planes, so I've never tried it. But why can't you get something like Netflix on the airplane Wi-Fi? Is it just too slow? Or is there another issue?

Advertisement

Just record the game or watch the replay on espn3 man. Get a hold of yourself.

It's Miami vs Bethune Cookman. We'll learn absolutely nothing about our team until the Arkansas State game anyway.

I use wifi mostly for business on planes, so I've never tried it. But why can't you get something like Netflix on the airplane Wi-Fi? Is it just too slow? Or is there another issue?

I believe the wifi on the planes is not strong or fast enough to support it. But someone may want to fact check me on that. I tried to watch theSuper Refional a few years ago and that's when I learned you couldn't. Then I was on a plane a few months ago and the flight attendant made a point to say you can't use tstreaming services.

Advertisement

It's Miami vs Bethune Cookman. We'll learn absolutely nothing about our team until the Arkansas State game anyway.
I've got it together, Rok. But, watching live games to me is like writing lists for you. What if you were unable to write a list for an entire week?

I've got it together, Rok. But, watching live games to me is like writing lists for you. What if you were unable to write a list for an entire week?

Yeah I remember going to this Power96 concert in 1997 and missing our game against ASU. I felt so guilty but could not pass up the opportunity to go with this girl I wanted to dig out.

If it's not something you can control, you can't be worried about that ****. Life goes on, man.

By the way, for all curious, I looked it up and Miami04 was correct (at least for my airline):

Live video and Internet streaming services are not permitted. Streaming video from a website requires extensive bandwidth and will not work as well on a plane as it does on the ground.

[h=3][/h]

This may be a bit premature, but trying to figure out what BCC game TV options exist for those who'll be out of Miami on opening day.

Brief search online didn't help. Is this the type of game typically available on ESPN360 or the like? Does it cost any money to watch online?

Thanks for any help.

From palm beach post

Miami Hurricanes football 2017: How to watch games live, on TV, stream games online, listen to games on radio
Matt Porter
July 5, 2017 2017 season, Football, Matt Porter.
Facebook Twitter Share 1
A general view of Miami fans during a 2014 game. (Getty Images)
If you can’t get to a Hurricanes game in person, you have plenty of options. (Getty Images)

[Analyzing the 2017 Hurricanes football schedule]

Want to consume Miami Hurricanes football but really don’t know how? Here’s your handy guide for the 2017 season:

The schedule

All game time and TV info current as of July 5:
Saturday, Sept. 2 – vs. Bethune-Cookman, 12:30 p.m. ACC RSN
Saturday, Sept. 9 – at Arkansas State, 3:30 p.m. ESPNU
Saturday, Sept. 16– at Florida State, 8 p.m. ABC
Saturday, Sept. 23 – vs. Toledo
Friday, Sept. 29– at Duke, 7 p.m. ESPN
Saturday, Oct. 7 – BYE
Thursday, Oct. 12 – Georgia Tech, 8 p.m. ESPN
Saturday, Oct. 21 – Syracuse
Saturday, Oct. 28 – at North Carolina
Saturday, Nov. 4 – Virginia Tech
Saturday, Nov. 11 – vs. Notre Dame
Saturday, Nov. 18 – Virginia
Friday, Nov. 24 – at Pittsburgh
Live and up-close

Looking to get to Hard Rock Stadium but don’t have a ticket? Miami sells single-game seats during the season, putting some on the market as early as mid-August. Outlets like StubHub, SeatGeek, VividSeats and Ticketmaster will have inventory now.

As of July 5, tickets were quite inexpensive on StubHub, with most of the game times yet to be announced. Seats could be found for six of Miami’s seven home games starting at $6 to $8. The outlier: the biggest-name opponent on the schedule, Notre Dame. Those prices started at $101.

Follow
Matt Porter ✔ [MENTION=7184]Matt[/MENTION]yports
Miami tix cheap on StubHub rn, w/ most game times still TBA. Can get into BCU, Toledo, VT, GT, Cuse from $6-8. Notre Dame: not cheap ($101).
3:39 PM - Jul 5, 2017
5 5 Replies 14 14 Retweets 34 34 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
For those willing and able to make a commitment, UM offers season tickets starting at $160 (tickets for youth and young UM alumni are slightly cheaper).

UM charges for parking at the stadium, with a different rate depending on the section and game. Prices last year, which are expected to stay the same, ranged from $10 to $55 per game. Season passes are available, and some sections offer valet service. Buying in advance — 1-800-GO-CANES is one way to get a pass — is cheaper than paying at the stadium, where you’ll pay at least $20. Plus, cash lots can fill up quickly for marquee games.

Don’t want to drive? A ride-sharing service like Uber or Lyft (or a taxi, of course) will get you to the game. Last year, the Dolphins (and by extension, the Hurricanes) began a trial program with Uber that let fans customize a tailgate package after using the service.

As far as tailgating itself, longtime Hurricanes fans know the wildest parties are in the West lots. The East lots can be a little more family-friendly. Lots open between four and five hours before kickoff.

Click here for directions to Hard Rock Stadium.

For away games, schools give the visiting opponent a block of tickets to distribute. UM sells them to its Hurricane Club boosters (all season-ticket holders are automatically enrolled, though you can join without buying a season ticket), though you can find Canes-section tickets on the secondary market.

Hard Rock Stadium, about five hours before Florida State and Miami kick off their 2016 matchup. (@CanesFootball)
Hard Rock Stadium, about five hours before Florida State and Miami kicked off their 2016 matchup. (@CanesFootball)

Cable TV

Start times and TV network info for five of Miami’s first six games were announced by May 31. The ACC and its TV partner, ESPN, has until the Sunday before the game to set a start time and channel for a particular game.

Most Miami games are shown on the ESPN family of networks — ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU (and all games are streamed on the WatchESPN app/WatchESPN.com, but we’ll get to that in the next section). Certain games are also shown on the ACC’s regional sports networks. In South Florida, either Fox Sports Florida or Fox Sports Sun will carry the action. A full list of affiliates will be available in August. Click here for 2016 info.

Game time and TV channel info, current as of July 5:

Saturday, Sept. 2 – vs. Bethune-Cookman, 12:30 p.m. ACC RSN
Saturday, Sept. 9 – at Arkansas State, 3:30 p.m. ESPNU
Saturday, Sept. 16– at Florida State, 8 p.m. ABC
Saturday, Sept. 23 – vs. Toledo
Friday, Sept. 29– at Duke, 7 p.m. ESPN
Saturday, Oct. 7 – BYE
Thursday, Oct. 12 – Georgia Tech, 8 p.m. ESPN
Saturday, Oct. 21 – Syracuse
Saturday, Oct. 28 – at North Carolina
Saturday, Nov. 4 – Virginia Tech
Saturday, Nov. 11 – vs. Notre Dame
Saturday, Nov. 18 – Virginia
Friday, Nov. 24 – at Pittsburgh
Click here for some big-picture analysis of Miami’s 2017 schedule.

Adrian Colbert (25) runs onto the field with his teammates before Miami's 2016 game against Florida State at Hard Rock Stadium. (Getty Images)
The Hurricanes take the field before their 2016 game against Florida State at Hard Rock Stadium. (Getty Images)

Streaming online

The availability of games has increased dramatically in recent years.

A cable subscription (click here for providers) lets you access much of what ESPN has to offer — including all Miami football and men’s basketball games, most women’s basketball games and events in numerous other sports — provided you download its app or stream the action from your browser. Search the iTunes or android market on your phone for “Watch ESPN,” or visit WatchESPN.com. You’ll be asked to provide your cable company login information.

Streaming quality depends on your internet connection, but it’s easier than ever to watch games on a phone, tablet or other device.

Old-school radio

Like to listen to games on the radio? You have plenty of options there, too.

In Miami and Fort Lauderdale, WQAM 560 AM is the way to go. The flagship station for Hurricanes games since 1999, WQAM broadcasts all football games, including postseason; all men’s basketball games and during the season, weekly coaches’ shows in both sports. “The Voice of the Hurricanes,” Joe Zagacki, enters his 29th year calling football and men’s basketball. Former UM center Don Bailey Jr. joins him for football.

The radio version can be streamed online at WQAM or using the Radio.com app.

Other Florida stations carrying Hurricanes games:

Ft. Myers: WNOG 97.3 FM
Jacksonville: WJXL 92.5 FM
Key West: WKWF 1600 AM
Kissimmee: WHOO 1080 AM
Milton: WTKE 1490 AM
Port St. Lucie: WPSL 1590 AM
St. Petersburg: WHBO 1040 AM
Stuart: WSTU 1450 AM
Titusville: WIXC 1060 AM
West Palm Beach: 640 AM WMEN
Nationwide, games can be found on SiriusXM satellite radio.

Advertisement
Back