Best UM Defender Since Sean Taylor

Advertisement
Medearis Category??.....Jesus H Christ...Has a longgg way to go before being mentioned in the same Breath as Hendricks...Medearis...Stubbs...etc....Those 3 are on UMs DE Mt. Rushmore...

He is just getting to Patrick & Krein category.... still way off from the legendary lines of the past... Maryland, Tez, Sapp.

Advertisement
Advertisement
In my opinion. Sean Taylor R.I.P. is the best defender in the U's all time defense. To me he was like Ed Reed but faster , he timed better in the 40 yard dash. Plus Sean Taylor was pretty much the defense's version of Willis McGahee. Still is bull what ended his prime in college that a man on the sidelines robbed what would have been made them clearly the best college team of all time. But they got robbed, and I guess the most talented roster ever; imo.

Wasn't the best ever in like every top 5 lists on tv, but theres fans that agree with debate shows. You still have idiot fans who try to argue.; Just bugs me still that he clearly dived right at his knees?.

And Rosseau reminds me of Jevon Kearse already at this stage when he was the freak as a rookie. Jevon was shorter but he was arms were so long the o-line could barely touch him it seemed like mostly. Plus Rosseau barely played any game time.

Ray Lewis says hi

Cot **** kid is a fvvking beast not going to put him in#98 medaris category yet but #15 ain't done.
Rusty is the only DE in my lifetime that could go out and dominate a game like what we just saw. I remember when Rusty got 4 sacks against Nebraska. After the game, a reporter asked who was better, Miami or Washington. He said, "Miami. Washington didn't have #98." GR is the same kind of player.

You can't say that about ST26 if you've never seen Ted Hendricks. You just can't. As great as ST was, Ted did it for longer and just completely changed the complexion of an entire game, game after game, as he entirely shut down one side of the offense.

Yes ST was amazingly fast and strong, and played during an era when talent was much better, but Ted was a game-changer on defense like no one I've ever seen.

Yes, ST's performance against FSU was non-pareil but what Ted did game after game was unreal.

Definitely on track to being the best DE in Miami history
Not as long as Ted Hendricks played DE. They didn't keep sack stats back then, but Miami coaches at the time said he easily had over 100 for his career. Ask Steve Spurrier, who had just won the Heisman, who the best college DE of all time is. He got sacked so many times by Hendricks, he threw the ball at him. Some say he got him 5 times. Others say 7. He was unstoppable, period. The game GR just had, Hendricks had every week. There is a reason the award is named after him.

Advertisement
Medearis Category??.....Jesus H Christ...Has a longgg way to go before being mentioned in the same Breath as Hendricks...Medearis...Stubbs...etc....Those 3 are on UMs DE Mt. Rushmore...
Yet, as I have stated, Rousseau has some physical attributes I have not seen at the U since Hendricks. No other DE at Miami has had the kind of reach, length, balance and ability to continue making a play after getting blocked that Ted had. What I saw yesterday by Rousseau on some plays I have not seen since Ted. Not from Rusty, Stubbs,
Campbell. None had the flexility, length, strength, balance. I saw some flashes yesterday that reminded me of TH. Nobody else has ever shown that in the 50 years since TH left. I've seen them all: Rusty, Greg Mark (a sack machine), Stubbs, Kevin Patrick, except I saw almost no UM football in the '70's.

The next question is, will the very rare physical talent turn into consistent ongoing highest-level production?

You all are so ready to replace Stroud and Baker. It might have been a stroke of uncommon genius to put Rousseau in the middle as a stand-up rusher on passing downs. We'll see, especially after we have to face more mobile QBs.

As Manny noted, it was so easy to tee off on Hornibrook.

Advertisement
Ray Lewis says hi

umm / okay? I remember it like the draft just took place like they were in the prime of their careers ncaa or the nfl. Ray Lewis, even when he won mvp on defense; People were still questioning if he was the goat of m-lb's at that time / idk y, for some reason every channel that covered the nfl brought up the debate of goat or not.

When Sean Taylor. Everyone thought in college , or had the thought in ncaa. He has the potential to be the greatest safety in the nfl of all time. When he was school, basically. I remember how the announcers were saying during their games. How he could've been the best rb for them but they had - Willis McGahee too.

And you don't even have a real reaction. cool i guess? Are you replying to everyone else who mentions Sean Taylor the same thing.

Oh you, just signed up to this forum, september 7th 2019. And you already thought like that for prolly 500 times it says.

I'm just talking DEs....Hendricks...Stubbs & Medearis are on another UM DE Level....
This guy could turn out to be better....much, much better. Did you ever see Hendricks play?

May be much closer to Ted than anything I've seen at UM. Different era, different game, sure. But look what I see in Rousseau that is so reminiscent of Ted.

If it turns into consistent production and domination, he will end up the best.

This guy could turn out to be better....much, much better. Did you ever see Hendricks play?

May be much closer to Ted than anything I've seen at UM. Different era, different game, sure. But look what I see in Rousseau that is so reminiscent of Ted.

If it turns into consistent production and domination, he will end up the best.
If is the word....The others blew if's *** away...I still haven't seen a DE at UM come screaming around the end like a F-ing Lunatic like Medearis...not to mention being undersized....It should be mandatory for EVERY UM DE Recruit & Player to watch Medearis's performance against Nebraska (who had an Excellent OL...Not FSUs Trash OL) in 1992....

Advertisement
Back