Best UM Defender Since Sean Taylor

Advertisement
In my opinion. Sean Taylor R.I.P. is the best defender in the U's all time defense. To me he was like Ed Reed but faster , he timed better in the 40 yard dash. Plus Sean Taylor was pretty much the defense's version of Willis McGahee. Still is bull what ended his prime in college that a man on the sidelines robbed what would have been made them clearly the best college team of all time. But they got robbed, and I guess the most talented roster ever; imo.

Wasn't the best ever in like every top 5 lists on tv, but theres fans that agree with debate shows. You still have idiot fans who try to argue.; Just bugs me still that he clearly dived right at his knees?.

And Rosseau reminds me of Jevon Kearse already at this stage when he was the freak as a rookie. Jevon was shorter but he was arms were so long the o-line could barely touch him it seemed like mostly. Plus Rosseau barely played any game time.

Advertisement
Granted he was backing up Ed Reed, but Sean didn’t have an impact like this as a freshman.

GR15 is special.

The last guy to punk FSU like that was Sean.
Think about that for a minute.

GR is a monster, but let's have some perspective. ST was playing against some very good FSU teams. The FSU we played yesterday was a bad team with a really bad OL. Not a fair comparison.

GR is a monster, but let's have some perspective. ST was playing against some very good FSU teams. The FSU we played yesterday was a bad team with a really bad OL. Not a fair comparison.

Of course.

I was more comparing how quickly Rosseau has made an impact.

2003 at the Doak is the most dominant performance by a defensive player I have ever seen.

GR15 is the best I have seen since and it’s just his second year.

He or anyone has miles to go before knocking Sean off the top spot. He absolutely dominated games from his position and basically shut down an entire area of the field by himself.

I've still yet to see a DB in college thoroughly and single-handedly destroy offenses as easily or often as Sean did.

But he left in 2004. Rousseau is the best defender since Sean hit the NFL. Rolle, Calais, Perryman -- all really good here.

But to me Rousseau has a chance to be one of these first team All-American guys that goes top 5 in the draft and is talked about years later by all college football fans, not just Miami fans.

Elite and he did it so easy. I dont want him bulking up like Garvin and losing his quickness. Speaking of Garvin, he needs to stay next year and drop the weight. He was looking like a future first rounder last year.

Advertisement
Antrel Rolle
Jon Beason
Calais Campbell
Kenny Phillips
Gerald Willis
Jaquan Johnson
Michael Jackson
Joe Jackson

Idk man, we've had a lot of great ones.
Stop it....none of those guys has had the production of GR15.....AND DEFINITELY NOT JOE JACK

Advertisement
Stop it....none of those guys has had the production of GR15.....AND DEFINITELY NOT JOE JACK
None are even close to what Rousseau is rapidly becoming.

Only true dominator, like Rousseau, was ST26.

Like I said, second coming of the Mad Stork. Look at Rousseau run past a blocker, put his hand on the ground to maintain balance and just keeps going. Reaching out to make a shoestring sack of Hornibrook. Nobody does that consistently.

People on this site never jump the gun on players. Now he’s better than Sean Taylor? Embarrassing
I don't remember a DE at Miami who had the physical qualities of Ted Hendricks to the extent this kid does. We have had some great DEs with great production. I think Greg Mark had 16 or 18 sacks on the 1989 team. I don't know if that's the UM sack record.

If this kid's production matches that of guys like Mark, Kevin Patrick, maybe Rusty before he got hurt, he'll be the best ever. Still too early to say that.

It's been fairly well documented that GR had a back issue during fall camp that limited his reps and lingered into the start of the season. Manny saying he had a bad fall camp without expounding on GR's back issue has contributed to the questions as to why GR didn't start early on.

If GR had a back issue, then it's clear they were bringing him along slowly until he fully recovered.

Advertisement
Rousseau is like Jason Taylor in his prime but naturally stronger. And he pretty much is rusty a/f, like / the last time he played was in high school.

I’m just going to say it but that was a top 3 most dominant performance by Rousseau that I’ve ever seen from a Miami Hurricanes player. He was THAT good

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back