Best South Florida Defensive Backfield

canefordays

Freshman
Who's got the most talented defensive backfield in south Florida. I'm eager to hear opinions on this one:

Heritage: Marco, Tyson Campbell, pat surtain jr.
Columbus: Jobe, bandy, Henderson (assuming he plays more D this year)
Sta: Brian Edwards, blades, Asaunte Samuel Jr.

Advertisement
I think either sapp or samuel Jr is out for the year but not sure which one. So I'm going with heritage

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
STA also has Benny Sapp III & Troutman just transferred to them too.

Coconut Creek is pretty solid too, with Miguel Edwards, Stanley Garner & Marquis Williams

Last edited:
Who's got the most talented defensive backfield in south Florida. I'm eager to hear opinions on this one:

Not an answer, but Campbell and Blades the two left of those we can most likely secure? Understand both Pat and Asante Jr. have no interest, is that correct?

Not an answer, but Campbell and Blades the two left of those we can most likely secure? Understand both Pat and Asante Jr. have no interest, is that correct?

Surtain probably doesn't have any interest. Pete has said that the staff has not shown any interest in Samuel Jr. though.

Columbus is sick with josh jobe, Henderson and bandy. That's the best group. Jobe might be the best db in south Florida. Surtain is good but a little over hyped. Campbell better than him IMO.

Advertisement
Columbus is sick with josh jobe, Henderson and bandy. That's the best group. Jobe might be the best db in south Florida. Surtain is good but a little over hyped. Campbell better than him IMO.

I agree Jobe the real deal

Great thread.

An underrated defensive backfield is Boyd Anderson. They have Daniel Wright, Rennard Bozeman, Raheme Fuller and Michael Nesbitt. All are 2017 kids with Power 5 offers.

Southridge also has to be in the mix when it comes to depth. They have Shawn Davis, Billy Gibson, Antwan Collier (Illinois commit), Natron Grayson (6'3, USF lean) Donovan Garnett, Coemba Jones and Juwan Horn.

Great thread.

An underrated defensive backfield is Boyd Anderson. They have Daniel Wright, Rennard Bozeman, Raheme Fuller and Michael Nesbitt. All are 2017 kids with Power 5 offers.

Southridge also has to be in the mix when it comes to depth. They have Shawn Davis, Billy Gibson, Antwan Collier (Illinois commit), Natron Grayson (6'3, USF lean) Donovan Garnett, Coemba Jones and Juwan Horn.

As far as the remaining SoFl "CB's" only were in the mix for or stand best chances with, would this be correct:

2017: Shawn Davis and Bandy

2018: Blades and Campbell

Advertisement

Sta: Brian Edwards, blades, Asaunte Samuel Jr.[/QUOTE

1 STA , 2 Columbus, 3 AH

Carol city db's can be in that mix also, very underrated players in donelle thomas, naytron Culpeper and randy russell, to me russell one of the top safeties in the state

Advertisement
You guys are forgetting that Henderson is extremely raw at CB and plays it in rotation because he is very dynamic and they need his offensive skill set and speed. Jobe/Bandy are the starting CB's, with Bandy covering the best WR.

STA has Samuel Jr who is the best cover corner in a stacked 2018 class (IMO) while Blades is also good in his own right (not accounting for the blood that makes him a beast). Thats not even getting to Benny Sapp and their transfer safeties.

I think Surtain Jr and Tyson Campbell are both better than Marco Wilson, but Wilson will probably start.

I think 1 STA , 2 AH , 3 Columbus if we are going with the top 5 DBs on a team. Any comparison outside of "top 5" and you have to start considering depth and the non starters.

I'm definitely biased but actually I'll give the nod to STA. While I feel like AH has the best db in SoFla, STA has too many of 'em & they're all **** good...

Great thread.

As far as the remaining SoFl "CB's" only were in the mix for or stand best chances with, would this be correct:

2017: Shawn Davis and Bandy

2018: Blades and Campbell

Yes for '17. Too early for '18.

Marco hasn't even played! He's a 7 on 7, non pad wearing hero. Heritage is out imo.
I'm rolling w Columbus.

Advertisement
Back