Best scenario for the season is to avoid playing Clemson again

I havent read thru this thread but Im on the other side of OP's opinion. I think the more we play Clemson the more our kids will gain an understanding of playing at that level.

One reason is that making it to the ACC title game is a hurdle that kids have to learn about. If we make it to the ACC CG this season then it wont be as "star-striking" if/when we do it again next season.

Historically in college football rematches favor the team that lost the first game. Clemson clearly took our game with them as a challenge earlier this month. If we face them in the ACC CG, as much as their coaches will hype it up, the Clemson kids are much more likely to take the Canes for granted to an extent. That can bode well for us, maybe not enough to get the win but enough to have some success against them on a few drives that we can take and grow from.

Advertisement
I don't disagree with you. Earlier in this thread, I argued that I wanted to play Clemson too. But, I dunno, man. I'm a little shaken after watching Pitt and UVA. This team does not have me confident that we can beat a good team right now. I'm not even confident that we'd play a good team well right now. There's just so many shortcomings. I'm concerned about losing to Clemson and then face-planting in a bowl game and heading into recruiting season on a 2 game losing streak.
Well don't just believe in the bad games. We've played some pretty good games too. They count.

Put some respect on Lebron James name.... who ran from competition?? He’s dominated the East and west. He’s dominated in multiple eras of basketball all of which had more talent that that GLeague era that Michael Jordan played in. Jordan would be no better than James Harden without a 3 pointer in this era.
He didn’t dominate chit. He got dominated until he ran to join with 2 other HOFers & a third one in Miami. He got smoked by an aged Mavs & Spurs team. He got smoked in the West until he orchestrated a trade for another top 5 player to join him.

FOH w/ MJ playing in a G League. The mutha fcka played against more top 50 all time NBA players than any other player in league history. LBJ is playing in the NBA Jam era where it’s all fast break and open. MJ played in the era where u would get ur chit pushed in for trying to take it to the rack & played in an era where Centers & PF were actually Centers and PFs.

He didn’t dominate chit. He got dominated until he ran to join with 2 other HOFers & a third one in Miami. He got smoked by an aged Mavs & Spurs team. He got smoked in the West until he orchestrated a trade for another top 5 player to join him.

FOH w/ MJ playing in a G League. The mutha fcka played against more top 50 all time NBA players than any other player in league history. LBJ is playing in the NBA Jam era where it’s all fast break and open. MJ played in the era where u would get ur chit pushed in for trying to take it to the rack & played in an era where Centers & PF were actually Centers and PFs.
Lebron had to carry Wade and Bosh to 2 championships so I don’t know why y’all be hyping that overrated BIG 1 era. Wade was trash and so was Bosh... the BIG 1 plus a bunch of role players until Ray Allen showed up.

And Jordan’s era was full of players that wouldn’t even make the GLeague in this era. Majority of the big men wouldn’t even be able to play bc they were terrible like Patrick Ewing and Charles Oakley.

lol y’all hype MJ up for beating Byron Russell twice in the Finals??.. who? Craig Elo put up career highs against Jordan. John Stockton was the best PG in the league he wouldn’t even be a top 15 PG in this era.

Weak post in my opinion. In the words of the great Ric Flair, in order to be the man you gotta beat the man. Want to be back? Beat Clemson! Want to national recruiting power? Beat Clemson! Want to put CFB on notice? Beat Clemson! Clemson had to overcome FSU to ascend to the mountain top, Clemson is our albatross.

This the U, not some lame duck program, we don't duck competition.

Advertisement
Lebron had to carry Wade and Bosh to 2 championships so I don’t know why y’all be hyping that overrated BIG 1 era. Wade was trash and so was Bosh... the BIG 1 plus a bunch of role players until Ray Allen showed up.

And Jordan’s era was full of players that wouldn’t even make the GLeague in this era. Majority of the big men wouldn’t even be able to play bc they were terrible like Patrick Ewing and Charles Oakley.

lol y’all hype MJ up for beating Byron Russell twice in the Finals??.. who? Craig Elo put up career highs against Jordan. John Stockton was the best PG in the league he wouldn’t even be a top 15 PG in this era.
You don’t believe that. You don’t believe anything you just said. No way, Nope!

Yeah; imma let u keep puffing on that chit.

I see the points made on here but watching Venables put Lashlee into a thumb sucking on the ground fit is not my idea of entertainment.

Yeah; imma let u keep puffing on that chit.

Lol u know there isn’t one playoff game from Dwade playing with Lebron where Wade stepped Up and balled like Kyrie Irving or Anthony Davis?... **** not even Jimmy Butler. Lebron saved that mans nba career he was on the way to early retirement if Lebron never went to Miami.

Advertisement
I don’t see how getting dominated by Clemson again in the ACCCG helps us this season.

Finish the rest of the season undefeated then hope the ACC selects Notre Dame to have them get blown out again by Clemson in the ACCCG.

Then maybe we get another match up against Florida in a non-playoff BCS bowl game. Beat them finish the season 11-1 with a lot of momentum into next season.

Trevor Lawrence and Etienne will be gone which will finally give us a chance to win the ACC next year.

Thoughts?
Nah... If we were to somehow earn a spot in the ACCCG--still a big IF at this point--it would mean we turned a corner somehow and I would predict (hope?) that our second shot with Clemson would be more competitive.

Since we're obviously dreaming, it would be even sweeter if Clemson lost to ND and lost another game and we won out thereby giving us a shot at the ACC title with the Golden Dome-givers themselves!!! That would be my ideal scenario. The hype machine would be at an all time high. No one would pick us to win. Win or lose it would be epic. GO CANES!!!

I don’t see how getting dominated by Clemson again in the ACCCG helps us this season.

Finish the rest of the season undefeated then hope the ACC selects Notre Dame to have them get blown out again by Clemson in the ACCCG.

Then maybe we get another match up against Florida in a non-playoff BCS bowl game. Beat them finish the season 11-1 with a lot of momentum into next season.

Trevor Lawrence and Etienne will be gone which will finally give us a chance to win the ACC next year.

Thoughts?

A couple things about this...

1. I was wrong about Notre Dame getting blown out by Clemson.

2. Even after Trevor Lawrence leaves Clemson has another QB that looks like the next Cam Newton so we still fckd on that note.

Aside from that this is the best case scenario to avoid another embarrassing ACCCG performance. Hopefully we get Florida in the Orange Bowl or Peach Bowl.

thoughts on the update?

Advertisement
Your headline is about "not playing Clemson again".

Your posting is about "not getting dominated by Clemson again".

Those do not necessarily have to be the same concepts. But, at this early stage, assuming that you know the outcome will be "dominated by Clemson" is...you know...kinda weak.

I'm sure the players would love the chance for a rematch.
Yeah, we’ve improved so much since that game. Cough. We still can barely beat the bottom of the conference. It might actually be worse this showing.

There are only certain number of *** whipping you can take from a team... however beneficial it may have been initially..

A couple things about this...

1. I was wrong about Notre Dame getting blown out by Clemson.

2. Even after Trevor Lawrence leaves Clemson has another QB that looks like the next Cam Newton so we still fckd on that note.

Aside from that this is the best case scenario to avoid another embarrassing ACCCG performance. Hopefully we get Florida in the Orange Bowl or Peach Bowl.

thoughts on the update?
You want to avoid embarrassment but want to play UF. We made every QB including multiple 2nd and 3rd string QBs look like Heisman candidates but you want to play Trask who is a Heisman candidate?.

Advertisement
You want to avoid embarrassment but want to play UF. We made every QB including multiple 2nd and 3rd string QBs look like Heisman candidates but you want to play Trask who is a Heisman candidate?.
Hmmm. Interesting take.

IT is true we may have some troubles with their offense.

But have you seen the Gators play Defense????? They will make our trio of Rbs look like Heisman candidates. They have trouble stopping the run to say the least.
I think it could be a pretty even shootout.

Advertisement
Back