best returns 80's, 90's

Advertisement
Kevin Williams had 3 PR TDs in 1991, but otherwise KO/PR house calls where scarce over the 1980s and 1990s, until Santana Moss came along in 1996.

Then, of course, the GOAT, Devin Hester shook up the world.

I think Magic Benton had one against Memphis in 1996. Duane Starkes had one in 1997, don’t know against who.

Kevin Williams had 3 PR TDs in 1991, but otherwise KO/PR house calls where scarce over the 1980s and 1990s, until Santana Moss came along in 1996.

I think Magic Benton had one against Memphis in 1996. Duane Starkes had one in 1997, don’t know against who.
Starks had an interception return for TD against Rutgers. I can't think of a punt off the top of my head. Benton definitely, that's the one from '96 that I was trying to think of.

Advertisement
Starks had an interception return for TD against Rutgers. I can't think of a punt off the top of my head. Benton definitely, that's the one from '96 that I was trying to think of.
Starks is credited with a PR TD on the following site. 26 returns for 298 and a TD. No INT TDs, so maybe his Rutgers score was a PR? Or the site is wrong.

Unfortunately, none of the games that season include box scores.

Advertisement
Brett Perriman vs Maryland in 1985. Around the 2:00:20 mark I believe

2:22:07 - 74-yard TD down 22-13, starting a comeback to win 29-22.

Tough game, made mistake after mistake. Offensively, Willie Smith put on a show. Underrated in Miami TE history, IMO.

But this DL!! Stubbs, F-agan, Hawkins, and Jerome? Woah!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Baylor

Advertisement
Back