Off-Topic Best place to retire in California?

Advertisement
Advertisement
1. Blackhawk
2. Mountain View
3. Monterey/Carmel
4. Santa Clara/Cupertino
5. San Jose
6. Santa Barbara
7. South Lake Tahoe
8. La Jolla
9. Eureka
10. Mendocino

Whatchu know about Blackhawk, Young El? Impressive. And definitely Santa Barbara. Looooooooooove Santa Barbara.

Advertisement
my old boss retired to Healdburg and loves it
I love Healdsburg. It’s a very expensive town though. Everything in this part here is that I’ve seen with the exception of Lake County. When you start heading out there or way north towards Ukiah and Eureka, there’s a little too much of a meth vibe for my liking. I’m pretty certain that I’ll be retiring one day elsewhere if I actually want to be retired and live comfortably.

Advertisement
Whatchu know about Blackhawk, Young El? Impressive. And definitely Santa Barbara. Looooooooooove Santa Barbara.
My fiancé used to live in Dublin & her parents bought a house in Danville a few years ago, so I spent a lot of time out there when I would go visit with my girl.

Very rich upscale neighborhood, but the people aren’t snooty or high-brow, very cool & receptive to other people/cultures. Houses are expensive AF, but in a few years once I’ve saved up enough I’m definitely considering buying up there.

Monterey/Pebble Beach/ Big Sur is one of my favorite places in America, not a more serene & tranquil place I can think of.

U’re not lying. If u’re ever out that way again & wanna take ur girl to a nice get away, try the Seascape resorts. It’s a villa filled w/ cottages & my friend u guys will have the absolute time of ur life. Serenity + romantic activities right on the beach. I wasted my $$ taking my ex there, but it was worth the peace of mind I received. Coast down to Santa Cruz & there’s other couple activities there.

If you had to retire in California, what would be the best place and why?

No offense meant, but why would you want to pay 13.3%+ in state income and capital gains taxes? Retire to Nevada, Arizona etc and go to Cali on vacation if you want. I know folks that have job in LA and SF that are now Las Vegas residents, and have saved a ton of money.

If you set on Cali though and your assets are big enough, there are trusts that leave your assets outside of Cali, but they are expensive, only work for HNW/UHNW individuals.

Advertisement
My fiancé used to live in Dublin & her parents bought a house in Danville a few years ago, so I spent a lot of time out there when I would go visit with my girl.

Very rich upscale neighborhood, but the people aren’t snooty or high-brow, very cool & receptive to other people/cultures. Houses are expensive AF, but in a few years once I’ve saved up enough I’m definitely considering buying up there.

So that was my clientele. Lol. I worked in Concord, met a Financial Advisor who lived in Dublin & he turned me on to all his clients. Pleasanton, Dublin, Danville, San Ramon, LaFayette, Walnut Creek, Orinda, Moraga, Concord, Bay Point, Antioch, Belvedere….sewed it all up. Been to many house warmings, anniversary parties, birthday parties in these areas. Good people, long, generational money & cool af. Still talk to a good majority of them who r patiently waiting for me to start my own biz.

Got married in Blackhawk, too.

No offense meant, but why would you want to pay 13.3%+ in state income and capital gains taxes? Retire to Nevada, Arizona etc and go to Cali on vacation if you want. I know folks that have job in LA and SF that are now Las Vegas residents, and have saved a ton of money.

If you set on Cali though and your assets are big enough, there are trusts that leave your assets outside of Cali, but they are expensive, only work for HNW/UHNW individuals.
I never thought I’d hear anyone wanting to move their taxes , dropping logs / mud in the streets, syringes all over and crime.
People are fleeing getting out , there so many other beautiful place no state taxes example Florida.
Lowest homeless average in the country beautiful beach beyond compare.

California NOT

I never thought I’d hear anyone wanting to move their taxes , dropping logs / mud in the streets, syringes all over and crime.
People are fleeing getting out , there so many other beautiful place no state taxes example Florida.
Lowest homeless average in the country beautiful beach beyond compare.

California NOT

i despise what is going on in california, but there are still some very nice places to live.

That would be the last state in the country I would retire to. I lived in California for 6 years in the early 1970's and it was great. Today it is a third world county. Why do you think so many people are leaving California? IT SUCKS!

Advertisement
Back