Best ON PAPER secondary in a long time

Avantae was a big recruiting win for us but he's not on the same level as Kam Kinchens.

I'm sorry to **** in folks cheerios but in terms of football IQ we're talking JJ vs. Amari Carter. It's not close. And to top it off he's got major injury questions so I question the rationale of anyone penciling him into the two deep

Advertisement
I will no longer get pumped about any player or position group. On paper is literally the definition of this program for almost 2 decades.
19FCA009-4E78-49EB-BBDB-C28D8E979A55.gif

Tyrique Stevenson. Bubba Bolden, James Williams, Avantae Williams, Kamren Kinchens, Te'Cory Couch, Marcus Clarke, Isaiah Dunson, Gilbert Frierson, Keontra Smith

That's a lot of stars. Excited to see what the future holds for these guys.
ROFL, minus Stevenson, the other players were clearly recruited by coach rumph and coach banda, now all of a sudden it's being said, "Best secondary" WTF, y'all are the most flip flopping ****'s I ever seen, pure comedy! First those 2 kept getting lied on about they couldn't recruit, now this, LOL, y'all are clowns. Also, with all the tyrique drool going around, I'm not sure why, maybe this why:

"According to Pro Football Focus, Stevenson was targeted 46 times in coverage and allowed 36 receptions for 363 yards and one touchdown. His toughest outing was against Florida as he allowed five receptions on five targets for 58 yards".

No wonder he's transferring, running from competition, with those stats, it wasn't gone look good being a junior back-up db. You say I might not start next year, ok watch this:

I'm not giving up on Blades. I think he can be a really good player and I think he is willing to put in the work. I'm not sure that some want the work that comes with getting better.
We need Blades to take the next step. I agree with the OP but it’s real safety heavy. Thankfully we have the striker which is essentially a third safety position.

Advertisement
TC,TS & DJ. I could see Blades taking Gilbert’s role and him moving to OLB fwiw for those who don’t like Ivey, you’re going to be very disappointed, until he proves you wrong. Depth is a big deal. I hope everyone stays. A long time until Alabama. I guess we’ll all see together how this plays out.
I’ll change this 💯 one of the two, DJ or Blades won’t be here for Alabama. I still think it should look that way, however I don’t believe we’ll ever get to see it on the field. If we have all four, Trob will deserve the credit, because as it stands right now, it’s not happening.

Avantae was a big recruiting win for us but he's not on the same level as Kam Kinchens.

I'm sorry to **** in folks cheerios but in terms of football IQ we're talking JJ vs. Amari Carter. It's not close. And to top it off he's got major injury questions so I question the rationale of anyone penciling him into the two deep
I’ll give you this, Kam is a five star seven days a week. Fact

Advertisement
Back