Best ON PAPER secondary in a long time

Advertisement
Bury Ivey and Hall on the depth chart. Need 1 more CB after Stevenson.
I dunno. I'd like to see them get re-focused and say to T-Rob, "I want to play in the league, coach. You tell me what to do, no matter what it is, and I'll do it." If they have that convo with T-Rob and mean it, I still think those guys have the physical tools to be successful.

Can any of these guys tackle? Because until we learn to set an edge and scrape and fill, all you're going to see are stretch and outside zone plays for 8 ypc

I don’t understand the dislike for Blades
Blades was a Second Team All ACC CB. Blades isn’t perfect, but even Tobacco Road and PFF recognize that he was definitely one of the better CBs in the conference.

If Blades got picked on the way TeCory Couch was picked on in the Cheeze-It Bowl by Oklahoma St freshman Brennan Pressley this CIS would be on fire.

That said, Blades will probably start But if he doesn’t, I trust T-Rob to get that DB room prepared to get more turnovers and to win some games this season.
Wrong

Advertisement
Tyrique Stevenson. Bubba Bolden, James Williams, Avantae Williams, Kamren Kinchens, Te'Cory Couch, Marcus Clarke, Isaiah Dunson, Gilbert Frierson, Keontra Smith

That's a lot of stars. Excited to see what the future holds for these guys.
Remember when people were saying Miami had the best receiving room on paper?

Tyrique Stephenson and a bunch of possible is all I see in that hand.

I think worse lol. At least that pass showed we were trying... something. He just stood and watched from the line of scrimmage as homeboy caught a freebie.

IDK... yes, that's where I'm at on Ivey. But we could have easily run for a TD against WSU, instead, we made one of the dumbest calls in the history of the sport.

IDK... yes, that's where I'm at on Ivey. But we could have easily run for a TD against WSU, instead, we made one of the dumbest calls in the history of the sport.
Some of the calls I've seen this year like the Louisiana coach calling taking a purposeful safety are up there with stupidity, but that lack of effort is something that gets you benched all the way back in Middle School.

Some of the calls I've seen this year like the Louisiana coach calling taking a purposeful safety are up there with stupidity, but that lack of effort is something that gets you benched all the way back in Middle School.

My problem with the HB pass was it was selfish. It didn't need to happen, at all, so it was ACTIVELY to the detriment of the team, instead of just being a complete moron and doing nothing, which is ambivalent.

Neither are remotely excusable though, and Ivey should have never played another snap after that.

Advertisement
My problem with the HB pass was it was selfish. It didn't need to happen, at all, so it was ACTIVELY to the detriment of the team, instead of just being a complete moron and doing nothing, which is ambivalent.

Neither are remotely excusable though, and Ivey should have never played another snap after that.
Fair enough. We can agree that we'd rather forget both ever happened lol. At least we didn't have player throw a shoe and lost a shot at the playoffs LOL

I'm not giving up on Blades. He was second team all ACC and had a good year until the VT game. I think so elite coaching will get him drafted.

This was just bait to activate the “we have the worst defense in the history of college football” crowd and of course you thirsty ******** took it hook line and sinker.

Advertisement
Imagine if the rules would restrict them to stay for at least 4 yrs, it would give us to build a great future on any position. We WOULD have won at least 4 conference championship

literally two years ago we had 3 NFL players (jaquan, redwine, mike jack) and one borderline (bandy) starting in our secondary. on paper doesn't mean squat

Manny's philosophy is lets ATTACK the portal as opposed to recruiting.
I just hope ed reed lite a fire under his ****. I just don't know anymore with his angles.

Advertisement
This was just bait to activate the “we have the worst defense in the history of college football” crowd and of course you thirsty ******** took it hook line and sinker.
Yea.... @ghost2 knew exactly who he included on the list yet the first page (at least) is filled with people pointing out he missed players...

TC,TS & DJ. I could see Blades taking Gilbert’s role and him moving to OLB fwiw for those who don’t like Ivey, you’re going to be very disappointed, until he proves you wrong. Depth is a big deal. I hope everyone stays. A long time until Alabama. I guess we’ll all see together how this plays out.

I guess numerous articles like this are wrong? Or maybe I have the wrong Al Blades?
Yes that article was wrong.

Here is the link to the ACC website:

Blades was terrible in 2020.

Are we realizing the are opening game this up coming season is against ALABAMA. Anything can happen. What's you all's feelings and QB KING will be fully healed. It's an acl and not mcl. TVD may impress us all.

Advertisement
Back