Best move for all involved - Mensah 1 more year

Canenable

Recruit
Joined
Jan 9, 2014
Messages
442
In the era of NIL and the outsized NIL for Mensah it might make a lot of sense to stay one more year, be first in the draft after that and keep honing his skills here on a national stage. He gets 1 more year with Malachi Toney, he develops his NFL game and NFL skills more and he avoids a way crowded QB pool coming out this year.

Been around a long time and have seen players leave early that I knew were mistakes and have seen players who I had no choice but admitting 'he has to leave early, he's ready now' (Edgerrin James). I think Mensah does the best thing for him by staying one more year and it is not a selfish decision. If he leaves, which he probably will, I wish him well of course but I would rather him be as ready as possible.

If Arch Manning comes out this year he definitely is making a mistake, I just think Mensah would benefit from 1 more year.
 
There is a lot of time between now and the draft process. This is a heavy QB class and there is a huge difference in being #1-5 and 15-30 with regards to guaranteed $. Getting to the second contract is not a 90% probability either. I hope he goes off the rest of the year and is a clear top 5 pick this year. That will be great for both parties.
 
Good Night Sleep GIF by hAyDiRoKeT
 
In the era of NIL and the outsized NIL for Mensah it might make a lot of sense to stay one more year, be first in the draft after that and keep honing his skills here on a national stage. He gets 1 more year with Malachi Toney, he develops his NFL game and NFL skills more and he avoids a way crowded QB pool coming out this year.

Been around a long time and have seen players leave early that I knew were mistakes and have seen players who I had no choice but admitting 'he has to leave early, he's ready now' (Edgerrin James). I think Mensah does the best thing for him by staying one more year and it is not a selfish decision. If he leaves, which he probably will, I wish him well of course but I would rather him be as ready as possible.

If Arch Manning comes out this year he definitely is making a mistake, I just think Mensah would benefit from 1 more year.
Why do you think he benefits from 1 more year? What have you seen in the first 5 games that we haven't?
 
In the era of NIL and the outsized NIL for Mensah it might make a lot of sense to stay one more year, be first in the draft after that and keep honing his skills here on a national stage. He gets 1 more year with Malachi Toney, he develops his NFL game and NFL skills more and he avoids a way crowded QB pool coming out this year.

Been around a long time and have seen players leave early that I knew were mistakes and have seen players who I had no choice but admitting 'he has to leave early, he's ready now' (Edgerrin James). I think Mensah does the best thing for him by staying one more year and it is not a selfish decision. If he leaves, which he probably will, I wish him well of course but I would rather him be as ready as possible.

If Arch Manning comes out this year he definitely is making a mistake, I just think Mensah would benefit from 1 more year.
Right now he is projected at #3 in the draft. If he stays 1st round I do not see anyway he stays.
In the era of NIL and the outsized NIL for Mensah it might make a lot of sense to stay one more year, be first in the draft after that and keep honing his skills here on a national stage. He gets 1 more year with Malachi Toney, he develops his NFL game and NFL skills more and he avoids a way crowded QB pool coming out this year.

Been around a long time and have seen players leave early that I knew were mistakes and have seen players who I had no choice but admitting 'he has to leave early, he's ready now' (Edgerrin James). I think Mensah does the best thing for him by staying one more year and it is not a selfish decision. If he leaves, which he probably will, I wish him well of course but I would rather him be as ready as possible.

If Arch Manning comes out this year he definitely is making a mistake, I just think Mensah would benefit from 1 more year.
 
Not happening. There is plenty of benefit for the program but not for him. Next year’s team could be Mario’s best and one of Miami’s best in a long time with who is projected to be here. All that will be missing is a quarterback (sarcasm). In case you are wondering what the sarcasm is, its the fact that my sentence makes it sound like thats a small thing lmao
 
I love Mensah, I also don’t think Mensah should be a R1 pick, regardless if he comes back next year or not. He’s a top 75 talent and should go get paid. I would love for him to be here next year but realistically bearing unforeseen situation is good enough to be a pro
 
Back
Top