Best drafted class ever class of 2004

Advertisement
Wow... I never knew this happened after the infamous Winslow "soldier" speach. Absolutely crazy and 100% something Winslow would do:

"The comments drew criticism and made headlines nationwide. The country was only a few years removed from 9/11, and the Iraq war had begun earlier in the year. People thought it was insensitive for a football player to call the game a “war,” and himself a “solider.”

The Miami coaches asked Winslow to apologize to the team. They gathered everyone in the team meeting room, along with several university and athletic department officials. According to D.J. Williams, one of Winslow’s teammates who was also a member of that 2004 draft class, this is what happened next: “Kellen went up there, and he was supposed to apologize. He took a deep breath. He said, ‘I guess everybody knows why we’re here and what happened last week. They want me to apologize.’ And he goes: ‘… I ain’t f---ing doing it.’ And the athletic director and the president’s face was like, what? Our strength and conditioning coach put his face in his hands and was like, Oh sh--.

“Kellen’s like, ‘I’m not f---ing doing it!’ He gets louder. He goes, ‘You know why I’m not f---ing doing it?’ He starts pointing guys out on the team: ‘Because you loved that sh--, you loved that sh--, and you loved that sh--. We ain’t no f---ing pussies.’

“And then he goes and sits down. There was silence for about five seconds, and then [coach] Larry Coker was like, ‘Uhh, O.K., break it up.’ And the meeting just ended.”"

Advertisement
We've had the GREATEST CFB EVER and The GREATEST DRAFT CLASS EVER!!

Can't wait till we get back to that level.

It's not impossible and we seem to be headed in the right direction to do so ....on paper

Now we have to do it on the field

I'm realistic and know it'll take time and more consistent winning to rebuild that fence around S.Fla and to attract the best nationwide......built with players that have that old Miami Refuse to lose attitude and swagger...

This is why I despise the crybabies wailing about “the media hates Miami” and “esecpn” …

The media LOVES Miami.

It was more awe than love T.

Because the way we achieved our dominance was completely unexpected and nontraditional.

The media had never seen so many college players on one team with such exceptional skills and speed....and YES swagger before because teams used to avoid those types of ****y players because they thought they were selfish and uncoachable.

S. Fla had the same high level of skilled players then as now ....but it was off the beaten path and was not viewed as the Mecca of football talent heavily recruited by EVERYONE as it is today.

We were entertaining and dominant and unlike previous champions that managed their schedule to assure wins ....we feared NO-ONE. We were a step above all the others and as always ...everyone loves an underdog champion for a while until they start winning TOO much.

That love for the Miami story later turned to fear and loathing

Just like that beautiful ****y woman who KNOWS she has all the goods and who never gave a sh*t about you or anyone else and always gets whatever she wants......they hated us for what we had, our confidence and most of all our success the more we won.....but they always missed us and spoke well of us when we disappeared because we brought such excitement to the game.....They know that there's never been another team that inspired such fear and AWE

But without any doubt T ... The media loved and still loves criticising us for every failure or misstep...and its mostly due to jealousy.....I loved it then and still do because I know what's driving it

Advertisement

This is why I despise the crybabies wailing about “the media hates Miami” and “esecpn” …

The media LOVES Miami.

We are the Howard Stern of college football.

The people who hate us love to talk about us. Look at the Gators. We're so far into their skulls they could name the height and weight of our walk-ons and 2023 offer lists.

It is beautiful

#wehavenochancetowin

Advertisement
We need this type of mentality again, honestly. When I see our team, I still see young men; I don’t see grown *** men like I did in the 80’s, 90’s and early 2000’s. I mean, even during the probation era, I saw grown men in the mid 90’s, despite lack of recruiting.

Hopefully, we’ll get back to this point. I know we’ll never see the 80’s era anymore, but we can see these guys be on the early 2000 tip.

It is only a matter of time before history repeats itself. Could be 4 yrs or or it could be 1. Time will tell. My honest opinion is that we are only a QB and OL away from said dominance. Either way my love for this program and hope for its success are as elevated as ever. We shall see........

Advertisement
It is only a matter of time before history repeats itself. Could be 4 yrs or or it could be 1. Time will tell. My honest opinion is that we are only a QB and OL away from said dominance. Either way my love for this program and hope for its success are as elevated as ever. We shall see........

Bro we have trouble sending dudes in the 2nd rounds. The days of 6,5,4,3 1st rounds will never happen again.

College football and social media have changed drastically since our reign.

At this point I don’t even care about where they get drafted anymore. Most guys are bargain pics.

Bro we have trouble sending dudes in the 2nd rounds. The days of 6,5,4,3 1st rounds will never happen again.

College football and social media have changed drastically since our reign.

At this point I don’t even care about where they get drafted anymore. Most guys are bargain pics.

Troll-ish statement. Never is a long time. Three 1st round picks in a championship year isn't all that farfetched, unless you think Miami will never sniff another championship.

Advertisement
Back