Best DL in ACCCD for 2020?

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
Who do you have as best ACCCD DL in 2020?

Whose DL in ACCCD will give Miami's OL and Lashlee O the most trouble in 2020?

I suspect UVA is going to be tough out, perhaps UNC, but might be a year away.

Advertisement
I don’t believe there’s another DL man for man that will match what the Canes can bring down after down this season.

Duke

Rumph and Dimukeje is the best ACC DE duo

Just ask Kai-Leon Herbert and Zalontae Hillery

Career numbers:

Dimukeje: 122 tackles / 24 TFL / 14 sacks

Rumph: 72 tackles / 22 TFL / 9.5 sacks

Last edited:
Advertisement
Duke

Career numbers:

Duke has some fine DE’s, but you think their combo is better than Rosseau and Roche?

Just ask Zion Nelson...

And yes, when it comes down to it I think Dimukeje and Rumph will outperform Rousseau and Roche.
That's a very thin limb you're out on. Good thing you're probably alone.

Advertisement
Duke

Career numbers:

Both would have had the same success going against an inanimate object, like a turnstile. What I have seen are two kids who have no business at a Power 5 school, let lone FBS.

Duke

Career numbers:

Rousseau had more sacks in 2019 than Dimukeje in his career and Roche career stats blow away Dimukeje (139 tackles/ 39.5 TFL/ 26 sacks in same period). Rumph in 2 seasons has only 18 more tackles and 3 more TFL and 6 less sacks than Rousseau in his one. LoL, okay.

Last edited:
Duke

Career numbers:

None of those guys are better than greg, greg stats in one year of experience are almost equal to what they did in 2 years considering he just had a 15.5 sacks season 19.5 tackles for loss year. Not even close, Miami better dend group for sure

We've had the 'best DEs in the ACC' since 2016 but they never quite live up to the hype.
Chad Thomas, Joe Jackson, Jon Garvin were each hailed as the next great Miami DE but never eclipsed double-digit sacks in a season.
Rousseau came out of nowhere last year, especially for those who don't follow UM like us.
Before him it was Trent Harris.
Now that there's a bulls-eye on the chest of Rousseau and Roche, look for someone else on Miami's DL to step up.

Advertisement
We've had the 'best DEs in the ACC' since 2016 but they never quite live up to the hype.
Chad Thomas, Joe Jackson, Jon Garvin were each hailed as the next great Miami DE but never eclipsed double-digit sacks in a season.
Rousseau came out of nowhere last year, especially for those who don't follow UM like us.
Now that there's a bulls-eye on the chest of Rousseau and Roche, look for someone else on Miami's DL to step up.

Those other guys not taking the next step is irrelevant imo.

So...CIS thinks Duke's DL will be toughest challenge to UCG's revamped OL?

I say this, because at the end of the day, there are no more important games on the schedule than ACCCD opponents.

Win every division contest, Canes go to Charlotte.

Advertisement

His name is Harvey.................

So...CIS thinks Duke's DL will be toughest challenge to UCG's revamped OL?

I say this, because at the end of the day, there are no more important games on the schedule than ACCCD opponents.

Win every division contest, Canes go to Charlotte.
Quite a statement.

Advertisement
Back