Best D-Line classes in the nation

Problem2

All-American
Premium
5. Miami

Early Enrollees: Trent Harris (Winter Park, Fla./Winter Park)

Signed letter of intent: Calvin Heurtelou (Scottsdale, Ariz./Scottsdale C.C.), Michael Wyche (Monterey Park, Calif./ East Los Angeles College)

Commitments: Chad Thomas (Miami/Booker T Washington), Anthony Moten (Fort Lauderdale, Fla./St. Thomas Aquinas), Demetrius Jackson (Miami/Booker T Washington), Courtel Jenkins (New Jersey City, N.J./St. Anthony)

Overshadowed somewhat by Garrett and Hand, Thomas has a similar toolset as a pure pass-rusher, and he has continued to develop physically to become more balanced off the edge. His upside is off the charts. Moten is quick enough to slide out to end on passing downs, big enough to stop the run inside, and has the tools to become very productive – he just needs to start putting it all together on the field. Harris might lack ideal measurables, but he fires off the ball well and is physical enough to set the edge too. In his first year of football after transitioning from basketball, Jackson is still learning how to play. He comes off the ball high and his hand placement needs work, but does a great job realizing when to put his arms up and my goodness this kid can run. One of the pleasant surprises watching film this week, Jackson has the size and motor to be very disruptive once his technique is refined. Heurtelou and Wyche should improve the quality of play in the Canes’ two-deep inside and clog the gaps, allowing the linebackers to make plays in the backfield. This should also allow Jenkins to continue to work on his technique and pad level, as he has the size and strength needed to help against the run. His motor is surprisingly high for such a big man.

http://247sports.com/Article/Best-2014-recruiting-classes-by-position-Defensive-Line-172625

Hey, sky isn't falling.

Gotta get TV back and maybe a surprise from Gaillard, though.

Advertisement
Throw in TV and I'll take our D-Line haul over anyone in the country. Without him, it's still solid assuming one or both of the JUCOs get in.

TV gives this class NC status. Everyone else goes up a grade with him in middle. Without him the class is merely great. Chad could easily be the best DE in the country. I would not trade him for any other. Moten is excellent; he just that much better with TV in play. Hopefully all this talent will convince Al that aggression is the way to go.

Advertisement
A couple things. With TV that DL class is number one.

Two: how the **** is Florida doing it?

Three: we should have Gaillard too but our staff doesn't check their voive mail.

Advertisement
400.gif

Three: we should have Gaillard too but our staff doesn't check their voive mail.
1. Luck and 2. Yeah thats kinda funny but im not believing that

Emjay (his coach) tried getting our staff on him before Gaillard blew up but we slow played him and UGA capitalized. We could have had him and Valentine.

Emjay (his coach) tried getting our staff on him before Gaillard blew up but we slow played him and UGA capitalized. We could have had him and Valentine.

Because of missed voicemails? I remember the guy but seriously i dont believe everything a coach says about a coaching staff especially when UM was on him last summer for a long time before he committed to UGA

Advertisement

Because of missed voicemails? I remember the guy but seriously i dont believe everything a coach says about a coaching staff especially when UM was on him last summer for a long time before he committed to UGA
They mightve been on him before he committed but that doesn't mean they were on him first which can matter (see Kayaa). We had a five star DTs coach trying to feed us his player and somehow we botched that.

They mightve been on him before he committed but that doesn't mean they were on him first which can matter (see Kayaa). We had a five star DTs coach trying to feed us his player and somehow we botched that.

UGa wasnt on him first either and like i said I wont believe everything a coach says because they will back the player first and if UM really got on him later I would imagine they didnt miss the voicemails but if he wanted to be here he'd be here. Lets look at Brandon Powell, Griffin and Corn Elder. Oh and other then Kaaya we cant name another guy for a fact that UM was on first in this class so yeah i dont look at that as an excuse

Advertisement

UGa wasnt on him first either and like i said I wont believe everything a coach says because they will back the player first and if UM really got on him later I would imagine they didnt miss the voicemails but if he wanted to be here he'd be here. Lets look at Brandon Powell, Griffin and Corn Elder. Oh and other then Kaaya we cant name another guy for a fact that UM was on first in this class so yeah i dont look at that as an excuse

He's coach came on here before he committed to UGA. Was trying to get UM to recruit him and Harold Landry(BC commit)

I'm done with Jamaican. He's obviously one of those posters who doesn't blame the staff for any recruiting loss.

I'm done with Jamaican. He's obviously one of those posters who doesn't blame the staff for any recruiting loss.

Its not that just every coach and player has a side and theres more then just there side. If you want to believe everything they all say then fine and if thats true then ok but as a man I wont just read anything online and say its true. I remember the guy and I know that he's real as he said they both wanted to be Canes but this "they didnt check the voicemails" thing yeah if they didnt then idk how they got on him so hard. Now why that's a big deal for you idk but I blame the staff when they miss on guys but like every "insider" I dont know what happened throughout the recruitment so im not sure why that gets you upset when im just saying idk the kid, the coach or the staff personally to say what really happened

He's coach came on here before he committed to UGA. Was trying to get UM to recruit him and Harold Landry(BC commit)

I know that I remember that and admit the guys real but I mean them missing voicemails and saying thats the reason he committed to UGA when I remember UGA not being brought up by him at that time makes me say idk if its true thats all im saying I still have no idea why that's controversial

Advertisement
Back