Best Cane DL in College

Who are you taking out for Sapp? Again, he's incredible, but I have Maryland and Tez higher during their time at Miami. But that's just my opinion.
No way on Maryland or Tez over Sapp. Close, but no cigar. Can't put Tez's 2yrs (although they were outstanding) over a 4yr Sapp. Maryland was notorious for taking plays off. He could afford to, with that stellar DL we had then, but fact is, Sapp is the best Interior DLman we've had....just barely inching out Jerome.

Advertisement
I’m honestly surprised GR15 or JP15 haven’t even been mentioned. They played on bad teams but had objectively some of the most dominant seasons in Miami history for an edge player.

Who are you taking out for Sapp? Again, he's incredible, but I have Maryland and Tez higher during their time at Miami. But that's just my opinion.

Either one. Sapp was the best DT we ever had. Charlie Ward was one (if not the only) guy I remember ever running away from him if he got a full head of steam. He was an absolute monster at both levels.

I’m honestly surprised GR15 or JP15 haven’t even been mentioned. They played on bad teams but had objectively some of the most dominant seasons in Miami history for an edge player.

Medearis (best ever in my lifetime) and Stubbs were a notch above. You could make an argument for five or six players at spots 3 through 8 or 9. They would be in the conversation.

Advertisement

Was specifically waiting for someone to mention JP15..... Though our fans love to talk about the old days, JP15 was absolutely dominant. Teams schemed around him.

Gerald Willis was also incredible at UM.... Still so confused how he didnt get drafted.

@Rellyrell ...in the Mid 90s I was the Executive Sous Chef at the SanDestin Bch Hilton just outside of Destin Fl. The SEC held meetings there a couple times of yr. Each Gathering had a Deluxe Banquet that I oversaw...In 97 I walked up to Spurrier and introduced myself, and we spoke for a solid 10mins. He couldn't have been more cordial, and I was stunned how well he knew his UM FB. He told me that Hendricks was without question, the best Defensive player he played against, including his Heisman yr (1966)
He literally destroyed Spurrier in that game.

@Rellyrell ...in the Mid 90s I was the Executive Sous Chef at the SanDestin Bch Hilton just outside of Destin Fl. The SEC held meetings there a couple times of yr. Each Gathering had a Deluxe Banquet that I oversaw...In 97 I walked up to Spurrier and introduced myself, and we spoke for a solid 10mins. He couldn't have been more cordial, and I was stunned how well he knew his UM FB. He told me that Hendricks was without question, the best Defensive player he played against, including his Heisman yr (1966)
I think Hendricks sacked Spurrier 3-4 times that Heisman season.

Eddie Edwards was often overlooked because he played pre-Schnelly.

3rd overall pick, nearly 80 sacks in his NFL career.

Advertisement
To say most of our best DLmen were Interior and not exterior is ludicrous....
Ted Hendricks (UMs only 3 Time 1st team AA)
Stubbs
Medearis
Calais Campbell
Kevin ***an
Kenny Holmes
Olivier Vernon
Greg Mark
McDougall
Kenard Lang
Bill Hawkins
Jimmy Jones
Darren Krein.....c'mon man...there's alot more as well....
It's a shame that Rusty blew out his knee back when that was a career ender.

Advertisement
Was specifically waiting for someone to mention JP15..... Though our fans love to talk about the old days, JP15 was absolutely dominant. Teams schemed around him.

Gerald Willis was also incredible at UM.... Still so confused how he didnt get drafted.
That's because our D lines in " the old days " where seek and destroy animals GR and GW or any body else the last 20 yrs belongs nowhere near the Most Dominant Canes DL!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back