Bertrand Carrell

He's a 3 star cb from Louisiana. He had 11 FBS offers. Among those were Kentucky, LSU, AND MIAMI (SO THEY SAY). He overall chose Southern of Baton Rouge. I didn't even hear of him before today and I'm Louisiana. Can anyone confirm we actually offered? I just cant see us losing to small *** Southern

Last edited:
Advertisement
He's a 3 star cub from Louisiana. He had 11 FBS offers. Among those were Kentucky, LSU, AND MIAMI (SO THEY SAY). He overall chose Southern of Baton Rouge. I didn't even hear of him before today and I'm Louisiana. Can anyone confirm we actually offered? I just cant see us losing to small *** Southern

Are you two dating?

Advertisement
The HC at the Prep school he attends in Baton Rouge said this, "He got nicked up with a knee injury early in the season and some teams backed off of him." Article also only cites his top offers as Arizona, Kentucky and Missouri.

Must've been a typo

Advertisement
Guys claim offers from schools, without having to prove anything. I doubt he received an offer, outside of Miami sending a letter indicating interest.

He's a 3 star cub from Louisiana. He had 11 FBS offers. Among those were Kentucky, LSU, AND MIAMI (SO THEY SAY). He overall chose Southern of Baton Rouge. I didn't even hear of him before today and I'm Louisiana. Can anyone confirm we actually offered? I just cant see us losing to small *** Southern
Hence why you should take alleged offer lists with a grain of salt.

Advertisement
247 and the services gets reckless with "offers" during the summer of these players junior year (and during 7 on 7 season) when they actually meet these players and have them fill out their paperwork to update their profile on the website and then the rest of the sites just parrot what they see so its one big homogenous inaccurate pile of goo on the page.

These sites should figure out which teams actually faxed LOIs to players on signing day. Would be a much much much better way to discuss real offers historically. Probably easy information to get through the school if you're a good soldier.

Good for Him, good for Southern.

Mel Blount...Aeneas Williams...Harold Carmichael...Avery Johnson...they've produced some pretty good pro athletes.

I hope to see more highly rated, AA HS athletes, return to the HBCUs.
Yes! I'm a SU alumni and it's refreshing to see a high caliber player choose an HBCU over a Power 5 program. I believe PV had one too....I hope this becomes a trend.

Advertisement
Good for Him, good for Southern.

Mel Blount...Aeneas Williams...Harold Carmichael...Avery Johnson...they've produced some pretty good pro athletes.

I hope to see more highly rated, AA HS athletes, return to the HBCUs.

Why? Most HBCU programs are barely FCS level programs, why would anyone want any talented athlete(Or student) with options to go to an inferior program? If a kid chooses to go that route, than I have no beef. That said, a kid shouldn't have to feel that he has to go somewhere where he's getting second level stuff.

For better or worse, HBCUs are a dying breed. All but the best (Morehouse, Howard, etc.) will disappear - they are too expensive, and not worth the money. And in this day and age, mostly unnecessary. They have to compete with the Harvards and Stanfords, who can offer a better education at practically zero cost.

For better or worse, HBCUs are a dying breed. All but the best (Morehouse, Howard, etc.) will disappear - they are too expensive, and not worth the money. And in this day and age, mostly unnecessary. They have to compete with the Harvards and Stanfords, who can offer a better education at practically zero cost.

No, the top end HBCUs will always have a role in academia. They have a good niche, and will continue to educate a majority of the African-American elite. It's the ones that don't have a niche that will fade away. The problem is that they never evolved after desegregation, cost isn't an issue. Most of them aren't overly expensive, the problem is that most of them have been poorly managed for decades. Academic offerings are mostly crap, and instructional rigor at some is no better than a top end JUCO.

In my opinion wherever you go for sports if your good enough you will still get to the professional level. The education at HBCUs now is far better. I agree they are behind but they are still improving. I've even been to a couple over the years and witness more and more different ethnicities attending. It was good to see

Advertisement
Back