Berrios reacts to Miami offer

View as article
There isnt a better option for you, me, and the 30,000 other TRUE UM fans we have, Franch. But to these kids, who could really give two $hits about the fatigue game, our 5 titles, us being NFL U, and all the other history we have, its the biggest decision of there life. I would rather him be 100% sure he wants to be here instead of him committing then de-committing in 6 months. Im sure Al agrees. If he doesnt he will move on.

I don't give a **** about any of that. There ain't no better option than UM. Want to get to the NFL? Who has put more successful players there over the last 20 years? Want a great education? UM's the best in the state and one of the best in major college football. Small classes with hands-on instruction? UM. Gorgeous serene campus in the middle of a very affluent city? UM You like the night life? UM. You want to hang out in shorts and tshirts in February? UM.

So spare me with all that "you living in the glory years, and this is SEC time!!!" horseshyt. You dudes are supposed to be UM fans. Love this ****. Shed the inferiority complex. Top to bottom there's nothing better.

All true, and all very valid reasons for a kid to want to go to Miami. However, they'll also be a small fish in a big pond. If they want hero worship from an entire city, chicks falling over themselves to 'service' them, boosters with deep pockets and a governing body that doesn't seem to care, packed stadiums every game, tailgaters that show up 3 days before the game, rabid fanbases with hundreds of thousands of alumnae....well, we aren't going to satisfy those needs. That's not an inferiority complex either. Different programs have different strengths and weaknesses, and our weaknesses just don't happen to match with a lot of what these kids really value.

I consider this to be a valid point. But truthfully, I do not want kids with this mentality playing for my alma mater, regardless of how talented they may think they are. Extremely few athletes are Bo Jackson, a once in a lifetime athlete. Hence, the once in a lifetime term.

Advertisement
It's funny how most of you cried when Alin didn't commit on the spot but this kid gets a pass. Lol

If this was a south florida kid some of you would be bashing the **** out of him for not committing as soon as he got the offer. This kid should commit pretty **** soon or all of that previous talk is bolshevik imo.

Exactly my point. I hate double-talk no matter where it comes from.

Advertisement
He's also not an in state product at a must need position, not a big deal e hasn't committed yet

Also maybe coaches told him to hold up and announce this coming week with Nigel also about to commit

Advertisement
To be clear, I'm not trolling, I just hear these things and want to see if anybody on these boards can confirm them as more than just rumors. I get it, my posts are a bit redundant at times, but I'm not just trying to waste y'all's time.

To be clear, I'm not trolling, I just hear these things and want to see if anybody on these boards can confirm them as more than just rumors. I get it, my posts are a bit redundant at times, but I'm not just trying to waste y'all's time.

See the Derrick Griffin thread.

“That’s what I was going after when I came out to The Opening. I wasn’t going after Nike gear or a free trip to Oregon. I was going after respect and I’ve always really felt that I’ve never gotten it. I’ve always felt there was nobody that I’ve seen that is head above heels better than me and that there wasn’t a DB who could shut me down. I think I did get it and that was the perfect stage to get it. I don’t know what’s going to happen over the next month because of it, but regardless I got it.

:neonu:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back