Bernie.....WTF?

CaneinBroward

Recruit
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Am I missing something? Why is this an issue?
Kosar is/was team contracted personnel of the Browns, and the NFL does not allow team contracted personnel of a team to bet on games. It doesn‘t matter if sports betting is legal in the state. Or for charity.

Bernie should have known better or at least inquired about NFL policy for those in his (former) position.

Kosar is/was team contracted personnel of the Browns, and the NFL does not allow team contracted personnel of a team to bet on games. It doesn‘t matter if sports betting is legal in the state. Or for charity.

Bernie should have known better or at least inquired about NFL policy for those in his (former) position.
Ok, pretty silly, but he should have adhered to those edicts.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The NFL has relationships with multiple sports books. This is fake outrage.
Reminds me of this
Screenshot_20230109_172809_Instagram.jpg

The NFL has relationships with multiple sports books. This is fake outrage.

I agree with both of these positions. The NFL makes boatloads of money because of gambling on the sport, and Bernie's position is not one where he could actually influence the outcome of the game (so there shouldn't be any concerns about fair competition). The NFL just doesn't like anything or anyone that ruins their wholesome, as-American-as-apple-pie façade, and that's the only reason to penalize someone like Bernie for something like this.

That said, as an employee he really should know and abide by the terms of his employment. Ignorance of those rules/regulations/policies (even when they are stupid and hypocritical rules/regulations/policies) is no defense.

I agree with both of these positions. The NFL makes boatloads of money because of gambling on the sport, and Bernie's position is not one where he could actually influence the outcome of the game (so there shouldn't be any concerns about fair competition). The NFL just doesn't like anything or anyone that ruins their wholesome, as-American-as-apple-pie façade, and that's the only reason to penalize someone like Bernie for something like this.

That said, as an employee he really should know and abide by the terms of his employment. Ignorance of those rules/regulations/policies (even when they are stupid and hypocritical rules/regulations/policies) is no defense.
I agree. And to clear it up, I’m not arguing that he didn’t break the terms of his employment. I just think those terms should be changed for people who as you said, have no impact on the game.

Advertisement
Back