Bendenbaugh, Harrell, Gleason, Yost

Money talks, but Bedenbaugh seems rooted in the midwest. He makes $750K. His wife is from Oklahoma. He played ball at a small school in Iowa. His first job was at a small school in Oklahoma. He did coach OL at Arizona and West Virginia, so there is that.

I'd wager his first play-calling OC job, or even HC job, would be at a Big 12 school or G5 school in the region.

Advertisement
I believe Manny dislikes spread offenses because he feels spread teams historically play weak defense.

we/ve picked so many OC over the years and have only managed to win the coastal once.

you would think that eventually we would luck into someone that can put up big numbers here....

Let's be clear, their is only one oc and headcoach that Truly won the coastal outright and that's coach mark richt doing double duty and people still bashed him as if he was bringing UM down, to many clowns around here, we said it before the season started, enos already's resume comes nowhere near close to the resume coach richt put up as an oc no need in mentioning as a headcoach. In fact not many coaches past or present have a resume that can stack up to coach richt's an oc or headcoach. People on here acting like they knew offense more than coach richt, lol. Coach richt was building this thing. People now talking as if coach diaz has failed because enos already is still here, lol, and rightfully so, i can guarantee this much, coach diaz is not going to put friendships and mediocrity over the better all good of this program, he not cut like that. People got him wrong, comparing him to the penn disgrace morons is comical, the only one you can compare to the penn disgrace morons on this staff is enos already, his talk game is about the same, just a lil bit better, but imma be real, the way he called plays and called out players by name as if he had nothing to do with the failure of the offense, he's definitely a moron. That **** lost me when he went into self defense mode out the gate, didnt waist no time, after the gaytor game, telling the media to "turn on the tape" GTFOH with that hoe *** mindset.

At least blake baker has some class about em, i can tell he's a decent coach to be around, this was just to big of a step for em, but he gives more props to the defensive guys than trying to bash em in the media by name. He never came off in the ones i took time to listen too as being in job saving mode, and you can see he knows he let the guys down. As expected, coach diaz hired coordinators that were suspect, just because a **** comes from Bama meant nothing to me. We said it out the gate, let's see if coach diaz can put a staff together equal to or better than what coach richt did and as of right now, we know the answer. Can they improve, i wouldnt take my chances messing around with a suspect d-co. The question is simple, when it comes to replacement coaches, what direction is coach diaz going to go in, 3 years is not a long time, these next moves are going to be pivotal, cause he cant just keep replacing guys and throwing names in a hat, so he's either got to make a decision to ride with coach enos and replace the d-co or replace both and be stuck with the next 2 until its time for him to get the axe, so if he's smart, he'll have to see if he can find some qualified coaches that luv UM and want to stay, cause let's be real, this job not for everybody and Fsu is definitely going to make a power move, so let's see if coach diaz can rise above this new found adversity.

So the question i have is, do we have any qualified Hurricanes that can be the offensive and defensive coordinators (of course we know coach shannon can get the job done but as long as flake is here i caant see that happening but coach shannon is smart), do we have a qualified Cane who wants to come in an coach the linebackers, that's where coach diaz can make some real noise right their to start off. Going to be real interesting this offseason! When we have coaches that represented and represent Miami football and not just UM but Miami football period on staff, that's when we'll be back. Right now, we dont have enuff of the coaching culture to be back, that **** cant be manufactured, all that tracking bullshat coach diaz is doing is actually embarrassing, cause its not authentic. Stop doing all this talking in the media about whatever tatics are being used trying to cover his *** like the players arent listening, either you can reach the players or you cant, that's the bottom line.

Advertisement
I challenge you to prove to me we only have a slight talent advantage over those other teams.

I didn't say huge talent advantage (your brain assumes this to mean 2001 Miami). I said every year we recruit better at every position on average than these other referenced programs. I said their coaching staffs would easily take our roster over their own. I stand by it. I'm not stuck in 2001 or the '90s'. We have better rosters at every position. Therefore, it is not your ambiguously termed 'marginal'

I think you 'struggle' with the concept of averages, though. Unfortunately, not a single team I REFERENCED is in the same zip code (philosophical debate of 72 v 56) when it comes to the talent we get.

I'm not talking about UF or FSU or Clemson. I am talking about Duke (academic standards make it impossible to get better players and plus they don't have the budget) , GT (with a brand new offense and true fr wr), FIU (with their 6th choice of S FL players), UNC (who I already discussed their defense without trying. Plus starting a true fr qb and skill players with a new staff from a team that had a losing record last year) and even VT (coach was about to be fired before playing us this year. They played a qb who had barely every done anything).

-Duke (last four classes via 247): 49, 63, 47, 33. Are you kidding me?
-FIU (last four classes): 88, 69, 83, 104. Are you kidding me?
-GT (did you not forget they converted from a WWII offense): 51, 44, 48, 60. Are you kidding me?
-UNC: 30, 20, 29, 32. Nope. Sorry. Averages 28-29. Sorry. Every year we get get better players. They had a brand new staff this year, too.
-VT: 42, 26, 24, 26. (closest) but averages: 29-30. Every year we get get better players. They started a qb who had barely ever played and he lit us up.

-Should I even bring up CMU who should have beat us and whom McEllwain actually coached that trash up this year?

US: 27, 8, 12, 22. So on average in every year (with a lot of guys not coming from S FL. We are on average 16-17 while also taking a lot of kids that would be ranked higher if they played in other states. I've been following recruiting since the early 90s and follow the drafts even up through now.

Quit being a clown. You've proven nothing except with generic terms such as 'marginal'. I am proving that on average every year we are out recruiting all the referenced programs. Oh I don't even need to rely on numbers. I could do simple video reviews of game film of our wr versus the above teams, etc position by position from high school and would be even more convinced. I'm not going to waste any more brain cells on this, though.

Stop feeding the troll.

Advertisement
Looking at the list wrong. Question is who can be brought in to be a non-playcalling co-OC to help Enos because Enos isn't getting fired.

-Duke (last four classes via 247): 49, 63, 47, 33. Are you kidding me?
-FIU (last four classes): 88, 69, 83, 104. Are you kidding me?
-GT (did you not forget they converted from a WWII offense): 51, 44, 48, 60. Are you kidding me?
-UNC: 30, 20, 29, 32. Nope. Sorry. Averages 28-29. Sorry. Every year we get get better players. They had a brand new staff this year, too.
-VT: 42, 26, 24, 26. (closest) but averages: 29-30. Every year we get get better players. They started a qb who had barely ever played and he lit us up.

-Should I even bring up CMU who should have beat us and whom McEllwain actually coached that trash up this year?

US: 27, 8, 12, 22. So on average in every year (with a lot of guys not coming from S FL. We are on average 16-17 while also taking a lot of kids that would be ranked higher if they played in other states. I've been following recruiting since the early 90s and follow the drafts even up through now.

You unwittingly just proved the other guy's point, instead of your own point. But don't be embarrassed. It is a daily tradition around here. Year after year.

Posters here and Canes fans in general have a brutally incompetent grasp of talent tiers in college football.

#17 to #50 is not much of anything. Actually it is 10 points, as referenced here on Jeff Sagarin's college football power ratings. The #17 team Texas A&M has a power rating of 83.44. The #50 team Texas Tech has a rating of 73.10.

If an 83 team plays a 73 team all season long amidst 12 games, the 73 team would be expected to win 3 of them. Actually the over/under would be 2.5 with juice on the over. But you get the idea. The ongoing idiocy around here is to look at those recruiting rankings and proclaim some type of massive edge. Meanwhile look at those ACC numbers you posted. All of those teams average better than #50, not worse. That means the gap is less than 10 points. In the case of Virginia Tech and North Carolina it's more like 5 points.

Wow, we're theoretically 5 points superior. How can any underdog overcome that type of deficit?

The perception gets ridiculously swayed from year to year. Prior to 2019 I was reading that all the ACC Coastal foes were in disarray and easy pickings. I mocked that idea in several posts. Who cares if they are seemingly in disarray? The talent gap is not much of anything. Situational factors and normal distribution will more than overwhelm any type of subjective idiocy regarding current form. Now I'm reading yesterday that our ACC Coastal foes will be markedly improved next season, so we're in trouble. That is comical also. They'll still have marginally less talent than Miami.

Now check the gap between the top 3 teams in those Sagarin ratings, and the #17 team. This is where stark reality sets in. It is 16 points from #3 LSU to #17 Texas A&M. It is 17 points between #2 Clemson and #17 Texas A&M. It is 23 points from #1 Ohio State to #17 Texas A&M.

In other words, even if the Canes were totally fulfilling their #16 or #17 recruiting average, they still are not remotely competitive with the true national powerhouses. There is double the gap from #1 to #17 than from #17 to #50. That is true year after year. Here are the final 2018 numbers:

Yes, we should be defeating FIU. Yes, we are underachieving. But in terms of manpower we have absolutely no justification to win the number of games that are annually proposed and insisted upon here. It is conventional wisdom stupidity of highest order.

#16 or #17 is not going to cut it. If the Canes want to legitimately bust into the elite top tier then our recruiting rankings need to get within the top 5 or 8 and remain there season after season. Let me know when that happens. A team like LSU is eligible for a vault of this type because they have been in the top 6 or 8 almost every recent season, and considerably higher than that in 2019.

UTSA fired football coach Frank Wilson on Sunday, can we get him in some capacity on this staff please.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back