Ben Simmons at the U

I bet you are correct. And even worse, Bernie Lee was correct. The Sixers are a clutch player away from being in the Eastern Conference Finals.
Embiid is great, harden is great some nights, Maxey is really good, Harris is good. And none on those guys (Maxey may develop into this), wants/needs/demands the ball in pressure situations. And literally no player right now in the NBA is better in pressure situations than Butler.

Butler can be 1-20 and still wants the ball late in games. There are very, very few players like that in the league.
what is Harris good at?.

Agree with everything else

Advertisement
From what people have told me and basically confirmed things you read Simmons isnt even really an a-hole. He is just super soft and doesnt love basketball. He really just wants all that goes with the money. He hates practice, games, etc. He would rather play video games and basically live a retired life.

From what people have told me and basically confirmed things you read Simmons isnt even really an a-hole. He is just super soft and doesnt love basketball. He really just wants all that goes with the money. He hates practice, games, etc. He would rather play video games and basically live a retired life.
It’s his prerogative but I wish the Sixers had done a better job of understanding him. Or maybe he cared at the time and has lost interest. All sad but true.

what is Harris good at?.

Agree with everything else
Harris is a good shooter (not great) who takes advantage of smaller players on switches and takes them in the post. He is a good (not great) defender.
He is not a good finisher on breaks and is nothing special as a passer. He is, at best, a 3rd option. He is a guy teams like to have but no one builds around him.
And he was great at getting a fat contract from the Sixers.
And I agree with your question because the sum total of what I wrote does not equal good; it equals mediocre player of which there are a lot in the NBA.

Advertisement
Harris is a good shooter (not great) who takes advantage of smaller players on switches and takes them in the post. He is a good (not great) defender.
He is not a good finisher on breaks and is nothing special as a passer. He is, at best, a 3rd option. He is a guy teams like to have but no one builds around him.
And he was great at getting a fat contract from the Sixers.
And I agree with your question because the sum total of what I wrote does not equal good; it equals mediocre player of which there are a lot in the NBA.
yea i agree with everything.

My cousin/best friend is a Magic fan since we were kids...and he literally said the same question i posed you when i brought up tobias when speaking on the 6ers.

He was like dude is the guy that just looks good , has potential, but never is getting you anywhere or winning anything for u

yea i agree with everything.

My cousin/best friend is a Magic fan since we were kids...and he literally said the same question i posed you when i brought up tobias when speaking on the 6ers.

He was like dude is the guy that just looks good , has potential, but never is getting you anywhere or winning anything for u
Which sucks for Philly because of the contract and that Butler is back in the Finals for the 2nd time since leaving Philly

It wasnt glaring enough how his *** couldnt even make the tournament at lsu and it wasnt even close he basically coasted n gave up then.

He ssoffftttttt

The "experts" were tripping over one another to anoint BS as the next big thing in his one-and-done season.

I watched one LSU game in January and the vast majority of the time on offense Simmons literally stood near half-court not doing ****. Ain't never seen nothing like it.

The guy doesn't like to play basketball and doesn't like to compete

It’s his prerogative but I wish the Sixers had done a better job of understanding him. Or maybe he cared at the time and has lost interest. All sad but true.

I don't think Simmons ever gave a **** about hoops.

The dude was basically set for life even before he got to the league.

Teams got enamored with his "potential" and overlooked that Simmons didn't have the will to compete it takes to successfully navigate the league when the games get tougher and the obstacles get higher

Advertisement
He should be in a relationship with Megan Markle.

Imagine a relationship where Meghan Markle is the more grounded, less sensitive spouse

Foto-Jet-10-97-635x430.jpg

I don't think Simmons ever gave a **** about hoops.

The dude was basically set for life even before he got to the league.

Teams got enamored with his "potential" and overlooked that Simmons didn't have the will to compete it takes to successfully navigate the league when the games get tougher and the obstacles get higher
Which is why Simmons felt threatened by Butler who calls out teammates with weak attitudes like Towns and Wiggins. But by that point, and after watching Simmons not even want to touch the ball because Kawhi took his heart away in the Toronto series, its mind boggling that Philly didn’t max out Butler but instead chose to pay Harris and keep Simmons. Elton Brand should have been fired years ago.

its mind boggling that Philly didn’t max out Butler but instead chose to pay Harris and keep Simmons. Elton Brand should have been fired years ago.

Lot of group-think goes on in the NBA, plus the not-Pat Riley front-office types often are manipulated by agents or influenced by public opinion.

NBA regular season doesn't mean ****.

Plenty of guys look decent in that 82-game, six-month slog, but then get exposed in the playoffs when things matter

Advertisement
Lot of group-think goes on in the NBA, plus the not-Pat Riley front-office types often are manipulated by agents or influenced by public opinion.

NBA regular season doesn't mean ****.

Plenty of guys look decent in that 82-game, six-month slog, but then get exposed in the playoffs when things matter
You are so correct about group think. So many NBA people are so scared of being wrong that they pay guys they should not because it’s actually the safer course of action. So many players do not deserve their current contractors based on actual performance.
Andrew Wiggins gets maxed out by Minny because he was the #1 pick. Who gives a **** about his draft position??

Like you noted, Pat Riley does not. The Heat will play an undrafted FA over a 1st round pick every day of the week and ultimately pay him more as well down the line. Which is why they play for championships when their “more talented” counterparts are at home.
Bill Belichik is the same way in the NFL. Play a 6th round QB over Drew Bledsoe And the rest was history.

You are so correct about group think. So many NBA people are so scared of being wrong that they pay guys they should not because it’s actually the safer course of action. So many players do not deserve their current contractors based on actual performance.
Andrew Wiggins gets maxed out by Minny because he was the #1 pick. Who gives a **** about his draft position??

Like you noted, Pat Riley does not. The Heat will play an undrafted FA over a 1st round pick every day of the week and ultimately pay him more as well down the line. Which is why they play for championships when their “more talented” counterparts are at home.
Bill Belichik is the same way in the NFL. Play a 6th round QB over Drew Bledsoe And the reset was history.

Well pre-nepotism Bellichik, anyway

Advertisement
Back