Ben Simmons at the U

Advertisement
Advertisement
As a Sixers fan this is awful to see. I won’t go on a diatribe about how emotionally and mentally weak this young man is, but I would hate for him to be around our players. He is about the worst example for any aspiring NBA player.
he doesnt play basketball.

also, tobias harris over me?!?! worked out well (had to take a jimmy shot).

Last edited:
As a Sixers fan this is awful to see. I won’t go on a diatribe about how emotionally and mentally weak this young man is, but I would hate for him to be around our players. He is about the worst example for any aspiring NBA player.
He should be in a relationship with Megan Markle. They deserve each other.

Advertisement
he doesnt play basketball.

also, tobias harris over me?!?! worked out well (had to take a jimmy shot).
I may never get over letting Butler go in favor of Simmons “I want to be the point guard” and Harris.

How in the world does Elton Brand still have a job with the Sixers?1?1

Ironically Jimmy Butler’s agent, Bernie Lee, told 76ers owner Josh Harris that he would end up wasting Embiid’s prime and be putting Ben Simmons in a position to fail by not resigning Butler. Four years later, Bernie Lee is now Ben Simmons‘ agent.

(this might explain why Simmons is training in Miami instead of LA)

I may never get over letting Butler go in favor of Simmons “I want to be the point guard” and Harris.

How in the world does Elton Brand still have a job with the Sixers?1?1
As a fellow Philly fan, it has often been pointed out the Jason Tatum was on the board when they selected Simmons. If I see another guy drive to within 4 inches of the rim and pass to the corner, I'll pop an aorta. Alas, the Phils look like a first to worst trend in place, or as us long term fans would say, trneding back to the mean.

Advertisement
Ironically Jimmy Butler’s agent, Bernie Lee, told 76ers owner Josh Harris that he would end up wasting Embiid’s prime and be putting Ben Simmons in a position to fail by not resigning Butler. Four years later, Bernie Lee is now Ben Simmons‘ agent.

(this might explain why Simmons is training in Miami instead of LA)
I bet you are correct. And even worse, Bernie Lee was correct. The Sixers are a clutch player away from being in the Eastern Conference Finals.
Embiid is great, harden is great some nights, Maxey is really good, Harris is good. And none on those guys (Maxey may develop into this), wants/needs/demands the ball in pressure situations. And literally no player right now in the NBA is better in pressure situations than Butler.

Butler can be 1-20 and still wants the ball late in games. There are very, very few players like that in the league.

As a fellow Philly fan, it has often been pointed out the Jason Tatum was on the board when they selected Simmons. If I see another guy drive to within 4 inches of the rim and pass to the corner, I'll pop an aorta. Alas, the Phils look like a first to worst trend in place, or as us long term fans would say, trneding back to the mean.
I will make you ever madder. Simmons was selected over Jabari Parker, no harm in that decision.

We had the #2 pick the year Tatum was coming out and everyone wanted the top 3 picks, Tatum, Lonzo Ball and Markele Fultz. We traded up from #2 to #1, gave Boston way too much for that, and then elected Fultz #1, another emotional cripple like Simmons. Lakers then select Ball at #2, and the Celtics dropped all the way from 1 to 3 and still get Tatum and the other assets Philly gave up in the trade. A completely useless trade.
Sorry for forcing you to relive this history.

Advertisement
nah it was the fultz draft

I will make you ever madder. Simmons was selected over Jabari Parker, no harm in that decision.

We had the #2 pick the year Tatum was coming out and everyone wanted the top 3 picks, Tatum, Lonzo Ball and Markele Fultz. We traded up from #2 to #1, gave Boston way too much for that, and then elected Fultz #1, another emotional cripple like Simmons. Lakers then select Ball at #2, and the Celtics dropped all the way from 1 to 3 and still get Tatum and the other assets Philly gave up in the trade. A completely useless trade.
Sorry for forcing you to relive this history.

Also a Sixers fan, and the death by a thousand paper cuts over the last 5 years has made me want to beat my face into a wall.

Simmons, Fultz, Bridges, Harris, Butler, Horford, and now Harden, just an incredible run of being wrong on every major decision.

Advertisement
Back